Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.6

on 10/20/2018 6:58:00 AM

It claims to last 16 hours & i can see that IF you don't eat at all for 16 hours. It drops after eating. BUT it doesn't drop much which i'm surprise.
It's alittle drying on the lips and i do see some patches but no biggies. Very faint pleasant smell.
It cost SGD17.90 so it's a little on the pricier side for such quality. Can get better quality lipstick with that price. Don't buy if you want to make your money worth, get something else.
Overall i do like this range by Maybelline because it's very pigmented & the shades are also nice, can see myself repurchasing the shade Amazonian and others.

on 10/17/2018 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY! I bought this liquid lipstick cause it’s supposed to be a cult favorite and have phenomenal staying power, something I tend to look for in a lipstick. I bought the color Poet for about $10 at Ulta and was so excited when I swatched on my hand and saw even color that didn’t smudge or come off. However, as soon as I applied, my lips had more lines than they ever have, they stuck together and looked patchy. It wore off within the first hour of wear and I didn’t even eat anything. I’ve tried endless ways to make this lipstick work for me, under lip balm, gloss over, applying less, applying more, etc. Nothing has fixed this terrible lipstick. I’m truly not sure if it’s something with this color or if all of the shades are this bad and I’m not going to spend any more money to find out. Before I bought it, I checked on here and I ignored the bad reviews. Don’t! Spend your money on a better liquid lipstick, I recommend Wet n Wild’s liquid catsuit and Nyx’s soft matte creams. Anything but this, honestly.

on 10/13/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Decided to try this when my beloved Revlon Colorstay liquid in Eternally Tan seemed to be discontinued. Before I could give it a fair trial, Etenally Tan was back and, unwilling to risk being without it again, I bought several. Alas, the formula had changed, and it seemed more mauve, less tan, and less pigmented. It also didn’t stay as amazingly well as the older formula.

So, rifling through my not-using-but-loath-to throw-away stash, I came across these. After experimenting a bit, I found I could use 75, Fighter, with a bit of 65 Seductress, to get a great color. It didn’t feel great, kind of gloppy, until I learned to use a much lighter hand and/or blot. I’m not crazy about really matte finishes, so wear wi a gloss on top and it looks like a great creamy lipstick. BUT it doesn’t transfer, and lasts...actualiy, I don’t know how long, since I did remove it before bed. That was at least 10 hours, meals (including a fairly gooey patty melt, coffees, etc., with clear gloss applied occasionally.

Color me impressed!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely love this matte liquid lipstick! I bought it in the "Lover" shade, which is a beautiful pink--neither too bright nor too pale. Be aware that it will feel a bit sticky at first and will also take a while to dry down. Refrain from rubbing your lips together or eating/drinking anything until it's dry, or you will risk developing patchy areas and reduce its staying power. One application lasted ALL day!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought two colors of this lipstick after reading all the rave reviews about how long lasting this is. I am very disappointed to find out that this does not work on me. It is not long lasting on me, even compared to lipsticks that are only one-third of its price (this is sold for more than $10 USD in my country). It crumbles in the inner part of my mouth, fading starts there even before I eat. It goes on dry, and the colors look so bad on me, the mauve color people rave about looks like tipex on me. The red one also doesn't suit me. I tried several times to make this work, but just didn't work on me. I gave mine away.
PS. I'm not saying all Maybelline products are bad, I used to love their bullet lipstick in the black packaging (sorry I forget the name). That one went smoothly, affordable and had great color selection even though I have to reapply them often.

on 9/15/2018 10:52:00 PM

Got this in Ruler - it was perfect for a night out, including food and drinks. I've worn long wear lipsticks before and this didn't wear off in patches. Ruler was a gorgeous dark color, not exactly brick red, not exactly berry, just perfect. However, most other images I found online looked brighter. I didn't wear lip balm under this and my lips weren't chapped prior to application.

on 8/31/2018 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I guess it's my dry lips, this lipstick doesn't work on me. After I put it on, it creates patchy and dry looks no matter how much lip gloss I put beforehand and scrubbed my lips. Georgeous color and nice applicator though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Best ever new long lasting lipstick. That is it :) (just let it dry for a while before doing anything at all and it will then last all day)

on 8/25/2018 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I picked this up because of the hype but I did not like it at all. I got the shade lover and I didn't struggle with the applicator and the color was fine. More purple than I usually go but still a flattering color.

Unfortunately this felt disgusting on my face. It doesn't ever dry down and retains an intense sticky heavy feeling.
I was able to blot this with a translucent powder and that actually helped a lot. But I am not sure it helped ENOUGH that I will ever reach for this again. I plan on giving this one more test run and then I am going to throw this in the trash.

I have decided to give this 2 stars because it does have excellent staying power. But for me that doesn't make up for the texture.

What I have heard is that the formula on these varies from shade to shade. With some colors having this sticky problem more than others.

EDIT: If you want to make this work you can put it on and then blot it aggressively while it's still wet. It will have enough pigment left but be thin enough that it can dry down better and wear for a long time. For me this improves the texture and feel to the point where I may keep it. Still a lot of work.

EDIT: So I did another wear with it well blotted and I found that this made it actually wearable and comfortable for me. So despite my initial bad impression, I am increasing this to 4 stars. Wearing it this way gave me a plenty of pigment. I found that it did not exaggerate the lines of my lips and it looks immaculate hours later. My advice is to make sure to keep your application very thin otherwise it will be a sticky mess. I wouldn't bother bringing this with you in a purse. This is not really a touch-up kind of lipstick. Again this is for my shade Lover. I think the pale ones are supposed to be a hot mess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Unlike other reviewers, I am not very fond of the diamond applicator. I find it sort of stiff and more suitable for thicker lips, my mouth is rather small and I find it difficult to use. The formula does not let mix with other lipsticks (I like to create my own colors with different lipsticks). The shade I bought is Dreamer but the bottle does not reflect the actual color of the lipstick, when I applied it, it was two shades lighter, it was a bit of a let down. I don't mind its fragance, it smells like birthday cake. It does last all day though. All in all, I won't repurchase.