Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.7

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The first matte liquid lipstick I've tried that doesn't dry out my lips, and doesn't flake off or look awful on the inner rim of my lips. These do have a slight tackiness that fades eventually, it remains comfortable all day and I feel 100% confident that this will get me through an entire 9 hour work day, even after eating and drinking.
This does take a bit to remove, I've found micellar water works best, but even then you do have to rub a fair amount. Even oily food is no problem with this lipstick!
I don't mind the applicator, but I find I have to redip the wand to get more product on the tip to do the edge of my lips. An awesome product, I own 4 shades. I hope they add more to the range! They are often on sale at Chemist Warehouse at half price for $10.

Very disappointing even though the packaging looks great. Streaky, never dries down completely; is tacky and your lips keep sticking together. It feels very uncomfortable and heavy on your lips and it just makes you feel like you want to wipe it off right away. Reminds me of those very cheap knock off lipsticks from Ebay.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this lipstick and own it in numerous shades. On days when I work, this is my go-to lipstick because I have no opportunity for touch-ups where I work but this product doesn't require them, plain and simple. That is worth its weight in gold to me as far as the performance of a lipstick is concerned.
The color choices are amazing! The only color that I've found streaky so far is Escapist, all of the other colors that I have perform beautifully and I currently own: 15-Lover, 20-Pioneer, 25-Heroine, 30-Romantic, 40-Believer, 45-Escapist, 50-Voyager, 80-Ruler, and 95-Visionary.
My husband loves the zero-transferability and so do I. Like other reviewers have said, be sure to prep your lips well (exfoliate and moisturize) and this product will give you beautiful, long-lasting results!

on 1/15/2019 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m picky when it comes to liquid lipsticks. Most of them are too drying on my skin. A lot wear off all crazy. The Maybelline lipstick stays put all day. I mean ALL DAY! It’s a comfortable enough formula. I get a lot of compliments when I wear the shade Ruler.

on 12/19/2018 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

WOAH the reviews made me not want to try this.... But, I really wanted a nice berry shade and every shade I looked at was too pink or too red or too purple and I really wanted a nice mix. Plus I had a coupon. So I picked up "Believer".

Yea, the formula is tricky as hell. But I found the trick is *NOT* to blot or press your lips. Don't go crazy with the layering and just let it dry. It takes a while, but once it does, it looks pretty nice. It only looks crappy on me if I pressed my lips together in an attempt to mush it around - don't. It doesn't work. Put it exactly where you want it, spread it with the wand only (and quickly) and don't mush your lips together. A bit high maintenance, yea. But it dries less patchy when I do that than when I mush around. Your lips will stick together all day though, and that seal will create crmbles closer to the inside of your mouth more than anywhere else.

You can't deny the staying power of this. This shit DOES NOT come off. Every lipstick I have comes off with oil. But not this. I need eye makeup remover to get it off lol which may be a good thing for when you NEED it to stay on. It's completely transfer proof. (I even slept in it once and had it on for about 20 hours lol. I don't sleep in makeup, it was just the lipstick out of curiosity.) It's also not *that* uncomfortable. I think the Nyx Lingerie is prob up there as an uncomfortable one (but I love the color I have!) and the SMLC can be crumbly too. Milani Amore Mattes can also feel pretty heavy. This isn't bad unless you mushed it around, then it dries patchy and crumbly.

I actually like the applicator a lot. Can I get it 100% Instagram smooth? Not really, but I still think it looks pretty good. And I like the smell too. So overall I'm actually happy with it. Will I buy one in every color, no, but I like it fine.

The bad reviews are pretty hilarious though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I ended up throwing mine out, it was too sticky and heavy on the lips and smelled bad.

i bought the shade lover, and on my skin tone, its more of a purpley mauve, less pink but still a very pretty mauve color. you cant beat the price, and yes this is maybelline and not wnw essence elf, but for the color and packaging its super worth it. the applicator has a hole in the middle which i find super useful, as it spreads product across lips evenly instead of pushing a thick glob of liquid everywhere, so you dont end up with a super thick crusty layer of liquid lip, the applicator gives it a very smooth and thinned out texture. i use lip balm before applying this and i find that it doesnt emphasize my lines too much, yes its a liquid lipstick so it will, but its very natural, like natural lips. it is transfer proof but does stick your lips together. taht doesnt both me because finish is super comfortable and does not dry me out AT ALL. so pressing your lips together, the stickiness won't affect the color on your lips, it stays put, i just dont find a problem with it sticky, i find that because its slightly tacky, its actually more comfortable. all in all, fantastic product, will repurchase, hope this helps xoxo

on 11/14/2018 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a pretty tricky lip product to apply and get it right. I don't know if it's because my lips are sometimes slightly dry. It has a tendency to dry unevenly if you're not careful and since it's long-lasting, it's harder to remove. Also because it's matte it has a tendency to make dry lips even flakier.

However, on the upside (which is a big upside for a lipstick!), it does last for a long time if you get it right. I really like the fact it leaves the lips pigmented even after the first layer wears off. I find it better if it's applied over a lip balm but then it might not last quite as long. In terms of 'super stay' it does live up to its name.

on 11/13/2018 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This went from being, “I’m desperate to find a liquid lipstick I can tolerate” product to being a repurchase, this is practically the only lippie I wear loyalist. How did I get here? I’m a professional tour guide in New Orleans. I work outside, and our summers are brutal. But I perform ghost and vampire tours, so I have to look the spooky part regardless of the weather conditions. Well, this summer was so bad, my go-to Nyx lipsticks kept melting in my bag. I even cut up a thermal lunch bag and sewed it into a makeup bag to stop the melt, but 110 degree heat index wasn’t going to let my lipsticks stay solid inside my black leather work bag. So I went looking for an already melted- ie, liquid, lipstick. I’ve had bad luck in the past with longwear liquid lippies. I’ve tried Kay Von D and Jeffree Star, Wet n Wild and products from the local beauty supply store. None lasted on me, all caked and cracked and peeled on the inner part of my lips. But non-longwear products weren’t much better. They smeared and smudged and looked awful when you tried to retouch them. Finally, I went to Ulta and dropped $75.00 on liquid lip colors. The Maybelline Matte Ink in the shade “Voyager” won me over and I’ve been wearing it exclusively ever since. It applies like a dream- the applicator makes it so easy to perfectly fill in my lips, even dark colors are opaque with one coat, and once it dries, it last me more or less all day. Maybe not if I’ve been eating, but I can perform two tours wearing this stuff, go out for drinks after with friends, and not worry about my lipstick looking funky in photos on the Internet. I will continue to buy this product in other shades. I don’t bother with other brands for the time being. This is good stuff for me.

on 11/9/2018 1:46:00 AM

I love the shade 'loyalist'. Its a nude pink shade. Fore ref im NC37 but this looks so natural and stunning with smokey brown eye. Im glad Maybelline upped- their game with this liquid lipstick. The colors lasts all day but it was not drying. Will def try the shade 'amazonian'(the dupe for 'trendsetter' by Huda beauty) . Its in my next purchase bucket list.. hehe. im waiting for a sale . I like the packaging and the smooth feeling tube gives you the color ref. so it easy for those morning- makeup -rush - i woke -up -late days. It lasts all day after eating, hours of chatting and drinking. Doesn't flake, doesn't feather. Recommend? yes buy

Edit:
You can only remove this with makeup remover!