3.7

$11.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

16 days ago

This is my first liquid lipstick, so I don't know how other liquid lipsticks compare, but this is amazing - it does NOT smear or budge (except the inside of the lip if you apply it past the dry/wet line) and it lasts all day. I've only noticed it flaking towards the very end of the day and even then it's barely noticable. It's not a true matte finish, as it stays kind of tacky, but this doesn't bother me. It also doesn't dry out my lips and doesn't highlight my dry patches particularly, even though I always have dry lips. Smells great. When applying, I go light at first - a little pigment goes a long way. When I do the edges of my lips, I press a little harder to get more product, which creates a sharp line and a slightly thicker border. You can layer a little bit but move quickly. And let it dry completely of course. I have this in Originator - it's a gorgeous deep neutral purple which really adds edge to any outfit. If I need more liquid lipstick I will definitely buy more shades.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3 months ago

I have two of these in the colors Pioneer (a blue based red) and Lover (a mauve pink). I enjoy wearing them but with a limit as they're extremely drying and tend to exacerbate lip lines, like most liquid lipsticks. The upside is that they last crazy long (10+ hours even with eating and drinking) - which is what you want when you're going out for special occasions or for long shifts at work. The packaging is really travel friendly and pleasing to my eyes, and while I find this liquid lipstick a little pricey for the drugstore at $10 a pop, it's a pretty great option for those who truly want a bullet-proof product that will last through all the coffees, snacks, and meals. The color selection is pretty extensive with so many different nude colors and bold options that anyone regardless of their complexion will surely find a flattering color for their own. Some pro tips for making this lipstick work: 1. Use a synthetic, domed eye blending brush to spread the lipstick on the lips evenly, giving it a diffused/blurred edge and thinning out the texture of the product. This will help the lipstick not look so severe and dry on the lips. 2. Let a lip balm sink into your lips for a good five minutes before using this as this lipstick is very drying. Exfoliate with a lip scrub if needed; texture will show if you're not especially careful. 3. For creating the most flattering lip shape, especially with the bold & dramatic colors, use a lip liner to outline the lips before applying the lipstick. The product dries much too quickly to create a very sharp or defined lip shape compared to a traditional cream lipstick and you can't manipulate it as well with a lip brush. 4. Licking the product after application will reduce the gummy/sticky finish of the lipstick. 5, For removal, I highly suggest an oil-based remover with a cotton pad.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

5 months ago

Okay, this is a brilliant lipstick if you know *how* to wear it. I own this in three shades - Heroine, Seductress and Poet. Heroine (bright fire engine red) is by far my favourite. For a while I stopped wearing it until I found the technique that made it last comfortably. If you try to wear a lip balm under this you won't be able to smooth the lipstick as it separates with anything oily, unlike many other liquid lipsticks I've tried. Instead, right before I apply I pop a facial moisturiser on my lips and let that sink in for a minute. Also make sure you exfoliate. When you're applying, the less product the better. Once its applied and during drying (this is the important part) blot over your lips with your finger, not a tissue, your finger. Make sure you really thin it out into the inner part of the lips as if it's thick it will likely chip away quite obviously. Check again the next minute as it can sometimes clump in the corners and middle of your lips. Then wella! Some people have complained about the tackiness, but I find it quite comforting. When a long lasting lipstick that dries down to being completely dry, you're more likely to have dry cracked lips. So I like the tack, it's also very minimal tackiness if you blot it down. To remove this lipstick, use coconut oil!! So many people have trouble getting this off, coconut oil is the only thing I use to remove makeup that actually gets everything off. You might need a couple of minor touch ups during the day, especially if you've eaten oily foods. This doesn't layer well so just blot a small amount over the parts that need it. Otherwise it will last all day and all your friends will be impressed. I love this lipstick. It does dry the lips a little but I've never found a lipstick that doesn't dry them to a certain extent if I wear for a few days in a row, so make sure to wear a lip balm straight after removing. It's quite cheap, comes in heaps of shades, and totally worth giving it a try.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

2.0

5 months ago

Beautiful pigmentation and color, but it dried out my lips to the pont that they look shriveled and old. Did not dry down completely leaving a sticky unpleasant texture. Very sad about this for$14 there are better options.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 months ago

I've had great luck with these. All mine have worn super well, almost a little too well as I literally couldn't remove them and kind of ended up coating my lips in oil cleanser and scraping it off while I was in the bathtub and a week later there is still liquid lipstick stains in my bathtub.... So yeah, very long wearing. It didn't get gross or like pill up or separate or fade on certain parts of my lips and not on others which a lot of liquid long last lipsticks do.... I liked this product way better than the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid mattes. I especially love the sleek-looking tube, it's not tacky and embarrassing looking or made from something that gets a ton of visible fingerprints on it. definitely make sure to moisturize your lips prior to wearing and I would probably skip this product all together if you have a really small lips (any matte will make them look smaller and the long-wearing formula would likely shrivel them even smaller). I'll definitely buy more shades!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

1.0

6 months ago

I purchased the shade 60 Poet for $7.25 at the drugstore. The shade looked nothing like it was advertised. I have never been a huge fan of liquid lipstick to start with. Had an event to attend where it seemed more practical to wear. I was wrong. Right after application, I felt all moisture sucked out of my lips. My lips looked quite poor. Lip gloss couldn't save it. I went through the motions, exfoliating, moisturizing, etc beforehand. It was patchy in coverage, had an obnoxious fragrance, clumpy with layering and all around bad wear. It stayed alright, but only in crinkled clumps that were very difficult to remove. The little pieces that flaked off were on my teeth and glass. Totally defeated the purpose of liquid lipstick. Packaging was chic and modern. Definitely will not be purchasing again. Will be throwing it away.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

6 months ago

I really like these! They are not too drying and last forever. No flaking and totally budge-proof. If anything, they're almost a little TOO hard to remove. I think they are more satin than a true matte, and they are the tiniest bit sticky, but they're so comfortable it's worth it. Exfoliate well before using because like all liquid lipsticks they can accentuate dry spots, but not nearly as badly as others I've used (Kylie specifically). Lots of shades and on sale frequently so I think it's worth picking up if you're curious. I wish the tube were opaque.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 months ago

I picked up the shade Fighter as it was an exact dupe for Kylie’s Pumpkin which was my ultimate favorite liquid lipstick for fall. I lost it and not about to shell out $38 for another one. I saw this was similar enough and figured it wouldn’t hurt to try. Yes it is a bit strange and tacky feeling on the lip but it stayed. It didn’t make my lips look crusty and most importantly didn’t wipe off in the center giving me butthole lips like Kylie’s did. It stayed put throughout the day with no touch ups. Although I probably won’t pick up anymore from the line.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2.0
from

7 months ago

I really cannot stand this product! It feels like I painted my lips with some sort of paint because of how flakey and uncomfortable it is. I like some of the shades and how long it lasts but the formula is just not for me

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

7 months ago

UPDATE 05th November 2019: My rating is 5 lips from this day since I found out how to make this product matte without powder: After I applied the liquid lipstick, I wait about 1/2 minute and take one layer of tissue. I gently press it against my lips and tap gently the tissue on my lips with my finger. Then I remove it, and voila, matte finish without loss of color. Lipstick is also wearable with a lipgloss. I have not experienced smudging while wearing Superstay Matte Ink and my transparent lipgloss. Definitely a winner since I can use my Huda lip topper without any problems. ------------------- Many people complain about a tacky, sticky feeling. But I felt it was not sticky as heck (my fake Kylie Jenner liquid lipsticks stick like glue), it felt like a soft-sticky feeling. While I was wearing this lipstick (30 - Romantic), it did not budge. It still looked the same when I arrived at home after 5 hours. Usually, other liquid lipsticks tend to wear off after a few hours because they're dry as heck and won't stick to the lips. The stickiness is what makes this liquid lipstick by Maybelline come off not easily. I wish I could give this 5 lips and here is why it gets only 4: The finish is not matte, it is a mix of glossy and satin. While I enjoy wearing a liquid lipstick that doesn't make my lips look dry and wrinkley, this is a major negative fact for me. I tried to turn it matte with baby powder but even with the slightest amount of it, the color turns whiter. I hope I can find any solution to turn this product matte (when it has dried) without spending a fortune. When I found it, I'll update my rating.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral