Urban Decay Naked Shapeshifter

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

My mom purchased this in the light to medium and she wasn't using it. So, she felt guilty and gave it to me lol. About me NW20, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I personally love it! It has everything I need to colour correct, contour, and highlight. I use the pink under my eyes the yellow over healing spots and where I want to brighten. Then I use the pearl in the spots I want to highlight. I apply all these before I put on my base then when I apply my foundation I barely need any concealer whatsoever. Also whats good about the creme highlight is that under my base it gives my skin a luminous not OTT glow. So i really love the creme concealers and use them a lot!

The powders I like as well because I use the lightest contour shade and it doesn't pull orange or look unnatural on me at all. The highlight is really nice and it lasts on my skin for hours but I do use a setting spray. All in all I love this palette because its awesome for travel, has everything I need in one. and is perfect for my skin tone. If I lost this or ran out I would repurchase especially for the creme concealers as to me they are awesome! Recommended.

I didn’t know if I should buy this in Light as I’m Medium so I maybe perhaps could’ve gone both ways but I got Light & it’s simply lovely! It has your concealer, hi lite, contour & color corrector all in one spot & the creams don’t get messed up by the powders. I use the light contour as a concealer & I’ve used the Dark contour as a lip color as well as the powders as e/s. This is an amazing palette. The highlight isn’t too blinding it’s a sheen-y champagne lovely pearlescent color.... but to this palette, the only improvement I would make is to add a brush w w compartment for it. It’s expensive yes but I’m giving it 2/5 price because it’s soooo much better than the cheap highlight palettes (eg profusion, Make Up Revolution, wetnwild, et al). The creams blend like a dream very soft & pliable; the powders are amazing too: soft, finely milled, blends easily & both sides have a good color range for an NC20 [MAC] 2W1 Tawny [Lauder] skintone managing to be totally neutral in all powders is not an easily managed feat but this palette manages to accomplish it. I can wear this w a lite fdtn or a primer & it makes my skin look pretti(er) bigtime. I use this with 1 of my Naked eyeshadow palettes #3 is my personal fave!! & some Sin highlighter (when I want to be fancy! When is that not??) UD makes fun products that look good I’m obsessed w the Naked franchise I have every singe palette! & Dual ended 24/7 pencils, some other UD products I’ve even got 2 of the Go Naked perfume oils! #winning #crueltyfree 5/5 overall 2/4 price 5/5 packaging (could use brush) All in all a solid product! Yassss go get this!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best one stop shop palette, the best thing i like about it is that it separates the cream and powder section so the cream products won’t get messy. Great colors with the mixture of ashy & warm undertone. It blends beautifully. As for me it saves me a lot of space in my makeup travel kit because i won’t have to bring my powder, concealer & highlighter for touchups. A value for your money

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product is it the best contour kit ever? Not really for the price point it does what it's supposed to do without being ashy good pigmentation,I have the shade deep I don't find the orange corrector coverage is not very good.the packaging is awsome as you have your powder in one section and the creams in another with a nice mirrow that seperate the powders and the creams. The creams are easy to blend and the powders are pigmented

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, just wow! This is an amazing product! A mixture of cream and powder contour as well as colour corrector, under eye setter and highlighter shades. Really good mix of cool and warm tones, should suit most skin tones. Easy to use, long lasting, excellent sturdy packaging and good sized mirror. I'm really impressed. My new HG!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was hesitant to buy this - I had been using some Tarte powder (Don't Be Afraid to Dazzle palette) for Contour, and have the Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour kit, plus a couple of the contour singles from the ABH powder kit.

I was looking into a few when deciding. The Lorac Contour was tempting (Lorac has amazing eyeshadows and I am sure their contour is the same!) but all but the deep Contour would be essentially useless to me, being medium tan (Estée Lauder Double wear 4N2 for reference). The two highlighting matte powders you can find anywhere, and the shimmer highlight is way too white and too pigmented for me.

The Anastasia powder contour kit had a better color variety, but runs too orange for my taste and aren't quite deep enough.

Enter the Shapeshifter - first was deciding on light or dark, since I fall in the middle. I am glad I ended up going with dark. I was hesitant about it, but it blends seamlessly and I need very little product. I bought this primarily for the powder since I already have the ABH Cream Contour. All of the powders are amazing. Both the lighter and darker Contour shades blend beautifully and are just the right tones. You can vary intensities very easily. The highlighter is straight amazing - it looks pink in the pan but goes on a beautiful gold.

The creams are what really surprised me here. I didn't think I would want to use them much since I already have a larger Cream kit, but I can say unequivocally that I prefer them to the Anastasia ones. They blend better and have better tones. The orange covered up my dark circles easily and didn't leave the heavy feeling that the Anastasia Cream did. The UD Cream also doesn't move around my foundation like ABH was prone to doing. That could be user error of course, but the less stiff formula is easier to work with. The ABH does have a broader range of Cream colors, though.

I also love the packaging. My only complaint is that one of the powders looks like it wants to pop out. I am going to glue it.

UPDATE: So, I have had the shapeshifter for a few months and still do love it. However, my stance on the contour cream has changed. Is the cream better than ABH still (in my opinion)? Definitely. As of late I have avoided it though as it sometimes moves my foundation, and I am not trying to start my face all over because it gets patchy. It didn’t move around every time like the ABH was prone to doing, but often enough that I don’t want to risk it. I am aware that this probably just means that I am terrible with cream contour. I do still think it was a worthwhile purchase, even just for the powder (though if you’re looking for straight powder with no highlight, I would for sure go with the Tarte face shaping palette. Blends amazing). Each powder pan is 0.13 oz. it is comparable to Anastasia’s powder and their singles that sell for $14 contain 0.11 oz. Proportionally, with adjustments being made for the amount of product, that is $49.65 worth of powder for the banana powder and the light and dark contour powders. 0.13 oz of urban decay highlighter would run you $14.70, as the full size highlighters they sell (0.23 oz) cost $26. So in total, just the powder side is worth around $64 of comparable product, if bought in singles. Would I pay that for just half? Heck no, but I do like all the powders, so I still see it as a worthwhile purchase and I use it often.

Top Rated Contour