wet n wild Coloricon Contouring Palette

wet n wild Coloricon Contouring Palette
Coloricon Contouring Palette

Talc, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, nylon-12, synthetic fluorphlogopite, boron nitrade, magnesium Stearate, silica, ethyl macadamiate, dimethicone, polybutene, phenoxyethanol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, lauroyl lysine, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexlyglycerin, hexexylene glycol, o-cymen-5-ol, tocopherol, methicone, iron oxides, ci77491, ci77492, ci77499, magnesium violet (ci 77742) , mica, red 40 lake (ci 16035) magnesium violet (ci 77891)

I have this in Dulce de Leche and wowowowow it's so great! First the dark shade is a great dupe for Benefit Hoola. Application and shade are seriously so similar.

Then the pale shade. I use it to set my under eye concealer and holy heck I never want to use another powder under my eyes ever again. It's so flawless there and I get NO under eye creasing ever! If I use it on my whole face then it looks super dry and cakey but for undereye it's 10/10!

Please never discontinue W&W!

I have fair skin but the Dulce de Leche works well for me. The product itself is really excellent—it blends well and is very pigmented.

But the packaging is the worst I’ve ever seen so I’m taking off two lippies. I’m on my third one because the lid breaks off before I can put a dent in the product, and I’m not careless with it. The current one just broke. I would be willing to pay a little more for packaging that isn’t miserably cheap.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very pigmented and great for contouring!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A little about my skin before I get onto the review: Very fair and cool toned (pink undertone) skin.
I bought Dulce De Leche because it looked cool toned in the pan but unfortunately the coolness of the contour powder reads orange on my skin even when swatched on my inner arm that is a white "fish belly" color (super fair, even more so than my face) it still pulled orange. I hate when this happens when it comes to a seemingly cool toned product.
Now, the quality of the product is good, it blends well, is super pigmented, both sides have a very smooth formula so 5 lippies as far as the quality of the powders go.
I find most contour products made seem to cater to light skin folks all the way to the medium skin end of the skin tone spectrum, leaving us very fair and super deep folks out of the thought process when it comes to making decent contour products for us which is unfortunate.
This WnW Contouring Palette will be heading to Project Beauty Share so it's not a total loss, just not for me as far as contour goes.
I'm guessing because of how pale I am I benefit from a grey contour powder which has been my feeling all along. I have LA Girl Just Because heading my way so hopefully that will better suit my very fair, cool toned skin.
Contour products I've tried in case anyone is interested from a very fair person's experience trying to find decent contour products:
Nyx Taupe, this pulls extremely rosy (pink) on me but swatched on my inner arm it has a purple hue to it, doesn't look the best like it does on light skin tones versus my super fair skin.
Victorious from Addictive Cosmetics (a Chanel Notorious dupe is their claim), this ended up going bad within 2 weeks of purchase, it started smelling like crayons which really peeved me off. This is a little less rosy than Nyx's Taupe but can still pull a tiny smidge rosy on me unfortunately but overall it wasn't too bad of a color on me. I did end up throwing this away because it went bad.
Nyx Wonder Stick in Light, too rosy but does have a taupe (slightly purple) tone to it. Once blended out, it blends into nothing so I advise not even entertaining the thought of trying this. Again, undertone is rosy or what makeup companies like to call "taupe." Lazarus from KvD Shade & Light Eye pulls a yellowy bronze color on me so it's not a true contour color on me like it would have you believe it would be in the pan.
Shiro Cosmetics Do Your Research. This is a true gray color, hallelujah! This is amazing as a contour for the super fair, sample size is very generous imo if anyone is interested in trying a sample size before you buy. A true cool toned grey, no odd "taupe" color (*cough* I mean rosy or purple) to be had here, this is is a straight up natural shadow in a jar for the super fair. Doesn't pull any odd, off putting colors on me like purple, orange or rosy. All I get is a true natural looking shadow on my face from this. This powder is super pigmented, a little goes a long way and it blends so easily on the skin. For now I will say this is my HG contour powder but I'm always on the hunt for new grey contour products for my super fair skin. I can't wait to get LA Girls Just Because in the mail.

on 3/10/2018 9:52:00 AM

I prefer this over my beloved Marc Jacobs contouring palette for regular use and that says it all, I think. I bought it in Dulce de Leche, simply out of curiosity and not expecting much. I chose Dulce because I wasn’t sure about the warm tones in the darker option. I loved the buttery texture and the tone of the contour shade. I also use it as a transition colour for dark smokey eye, as it’s great for blending down. The pinkish lighter one is good for setting the under eye and as a base for eyelids. I’m also thinking of buying the darker one as well.

on 10/14/2017 11:54:00 PM

I use this mainly as a eyeshadow base Color and nude Color rather than its intended use as a contouring powder . I would prefer to use those large round pans under wet n wild ( ticket to Brazil) for contouring . As an eyeshadow they work so well as the texture is a little chalky , good coverage and excellent matte colors in a huge pan with Low price . Just great for a “day at gym” . The lack of sheen , and powdery texture makes it less ideal for me to use as contouring . But some people who like the matte look may prefer this as the powder quality is still decent and good .

on 10/14/2017 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have both colours the Caramel Toffee one and the Dulce De Leche one and both are great. I prefer the yellow shade in the Caramel Toffee kit paired with the bronze side of the Dulce De Leche. The powders are very soft and easy to blend. It's also pretty cheap.

Bought this in in the shade 'caramel toffee'. Very nice, the undertones are yellow.

When I first bought it, I made the mistake of painting it on and then attempting to blend using an RT sponge (the fat orange one). Meh. It wouldn't blend, and when it did it hardly showed up. But that was because I thought the product was a cream contour. It's powder.

As others have said, very finely milled. I haven't had much trouble with kick-up or dusting, but that may be because I use a sponge or am light-handed when I use the sponge.

The yellow is great! Mattifying af, love it. It's also the perfect shade for my skin (I am somewhere between pale and medium, though I do try to wear sunscreen). The darker shade is a nice bronzer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

The ONLY countouring product I use! Even after a month of using it I am still obsessed with Dulce de leche. The powders are so finely milled and well pressed, the lightest shade is a dream to set concealer and foundation and the darkest shade is just the right amount of cool and warm tone to sculpt and give life to my face all at once. The pans in the packaging are huge but I use it so much I'm hitting bottom on both of them. LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Bought this in Dulce De Leche, to replace my other contouring powder kit that was discontinued. I'm not in love with it, but it will do donkey, it will do. Like others have said, the powders are very finely milled, and kick up a ton of product, leaving a mess all over you and the compact. The color is subtle, not vey pigmented at all. Applying more just causes an ashy look. More suitable for an everyday contour, no Kim Kardashian look here. I am pretty pleased with the improvement of Wet N Wild's packaging updates though, not luxurious but chic and a tad more durable. For $5.99, not bad. I will finish it and move on to something with more pigmentation.