Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Yeast Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide EOP, Ceramide EOS, Ceramide AP, Ceramide NP, Ceramide NS, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, Sodium PCA, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprooyl Phytosphingosine, Caprooyl Sphingosine, Saccharide Isomerate, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Behenic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-25, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Mica.

on 9/13/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this product after I wash my face at night. I use the smallest amount and let it soak in. I then use a moisturizer over it and when I wake up in the morning my skin is soft and plump and my makeup is so easy to apply. I also feel that my skin is better prepped to accept vitamin c serum in the morning after using this product. When I compare it to hyaluronic acid serums, I feel that I get the same results but find the water drench easier to apply and cheaper to use in the long run since I also put it on my neck and decolletage (I can control the amount I use more easily than hyaluronic acid serum).

on 8/29/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this gel cream for hot, humid climates or summer time — not for winter time. It's very light. Would not recommend for dry skin. I have oily/combination skin and this does not exacerbate how oily my skin is at all. It's more effective when I apply it to damp skin!

This has no scent. It's not one of those soothing creams — it's more like daily maintenance moisturizing. It has a similar texture to Drunk Elephant's Hydra B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum — very gel-like or watery. It's in a jar, which is not my favorite.

It's effective in the summer if you have oily skin, but there are alternatives so unless you're just looking to try something new, I wouldn't go for it. If you have dry skin, you should pass on this one.

on 4/23/2018 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cream is not moisturizing at all. I have sensitive combination dehydrated skin and this cream just feels like a silicone on your face. Also it gave me some pimples and my skin felt more dry. I think hyaluronic acid its not for me cos I did try a different moisturizers with this ingredient and all of them gave me bad reaction and dried out my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am really enjoying this! I have oily, sensitive/reactive skin prone to dehydration. I'd say this is about on par with Clinique DDMG in terms of moisturizing capability, but with the added benefits of ceramides and such. I haven't experienced any irritation or clogging, and it provides plenty of moisture for my skin. Main gripe is that they could have easily put this in a pump container - - right now I'm using a mini jar, but if I purchase the full size I'll decant it into a pump bottle because I hate jar packaging unless the texture absolutely calls for it. Overall a very nice option for normal to oily skin (in my opinion) that has lots of beneficial ingredients and low chance of causing irritation for sensitive folks.

on 3/29/2018 12:05:00 PM

I hate this garbage cream! PTR makes a lot of great products but this is not one of them! Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream has a lightweight gel-creme texture, but it still turns me into a greasy, oily mess when I use it in the daytime. And as a night cream, it gets even weirder. I wake up with all these flaky, dry patches and my skin's texture just feels rougher overall. My makeup ends up looking terrible! My skin type is combo-oily so I usually don't have problems with dryness. But when I use this I do!

I'd give this a rating of ZERO if I could. I hated the accompanying Cloud Cream cleanser as well. This line just isn't compatible with my skin, apparently. I absolutely positively would NOT buy this again!!!

on 3/23/2018 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Gosh I love this so much. I live in the tropics and this is the perfect moisturizer to boost my dry skin. It's fluffy, cooling, light weight (yes like a cloud!) and moisturizing enough. My skincare routine after cleansing includes an acid toner, a moisturizing toner, a combination of serums/oils (e.g. Vit C, rosehip etc) then this for the hyaluronic acid boost hence why it's sufficiently moisturizing for me. Then I top of with sunscreen. So I never want anything too heavy especially in the day. My skin always feels comfortable after using this, no sticky/dry touch feeling that I get with some water based sleep masks or similar type creams that I've come across (like aqua bomb). If it wasn't for the price I'd hoard this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great for slightly dry skin but not for really dry. Will leave you wanting more. But it works well under makeup. And I can forgive the jar. Overall I find it is comparable to the clinique pinkish peach moisturizer in the tub.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

PTR does it again! I love this moisturizer. Normally, I steer clear of any moisturizer not specifically geared toward oily skin, but this stuff is bomb. It's gentle, unscented, and has a very light, cloud-like consistency (hence the name, I'm guessing). This moisturizer is the opposite of heavy; it sinks into the skin very quickly, leaves no residue behind, and leaves your face feeling ultra-soft. I think it feels a lot like a silicone-based primer when you apply it; it has that dimethicone-like slip to it. Personally, this doesn't bother me at all, as I don't like to feel heavy moisturizers on my skin. However, I can see where people with drier skin would miss that feeling of more intense hydration. But for my part, Water Drench gets an oily skin thumbs up. It hydrates my skin without making it oily, evens out the redness in my complexion, and seems to speed up the fading of my acne scars. (We're talking scars from new zits, here. I haven't been using this long enough to say whether it has an effect on long-established acne scarring.) It also sits just fine under makeup.

The only real gripe I have about this product is the packaging, which just feels a little excessive to me. Yes, this is an expensive moisturizer, so I understand they're trying to make it seem "luxurious." But idk... it's just so much plastic for the amount of product it holds. Plus, does anyone actually enjoy screwing around with jars? For greenness, convenience, and freshness, I really wish they'd stick this product in a tube. But that's just me. It's a great moisturizer either way.

on 11/25/2017 1:06:00 PM

The feel of this moisturizer is great. It floats on the skin and dries down very quickly. It feels like a luxury experience in putting it on. But it's just not very moisturizing, at least not for me.

I didn’t find this hydrating enough! But also it is winter where I am and extremely dry. Would probably be nice for oilier types in summer. Didn’t break me out!