Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick - Pillow Talk

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick - Pillow Talk

4.1

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have them both, this is exactly like Bobbi Brown’s “tawny pink”, Bobbi’s maybe slightly darker maybe. Bobbi’s formula is also great very soft and comfortable on the lips.

on 2/1/2019 7:43:00 AM

Love love love it. I already had the lipliner, used it only with a bit of vaseline. But When I ate something the color was almost gone. So I Thought let me buy the lipstick and use these two together.

Its an Amazing color on my pale skin. I have a neutral/pink undertone. It doesnt look brown on me. More like my natural lips but better.

I loved the combination so much that I bought the eyeshadow and blush yesterday from the Pillow Talk line.

Cant wait to use it al together!

I luv this lipstick and I'm not a matte lovers, but the color just soooooo stunning on my pale skin.
Frekishly like the color, the texture,everything about it.
Some lipstick they get blotchy in my lip, this doesn't. I buy this with no big expectation because my lip just can't do matte lipstick. But this one really surprised me . It doesn't dry out my lip, don't give me crack lip. Absolutely love. 10 star for CT. And the color sooo gorgeous. It's neutral to cool nude pink. I'm so pale and this lipstick give enough color to my face without screaming look at me :)

I'm going to stick with buying CT lipstick for a while, because I recently buy by Terry lipstick that is made in Korea and I literally hate it, it is drugstore quality with luxury stamp on it. Hate it.

I'm so happy with CT at the moment.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Finally I own it. After years of lurking and reading the reviews I have the famous Pillow Talk in my hands/lips. My hesitation was not for the price (I own even more expensive lipsticks, yes Tom Ford, I am talking about you...) but for the impossibiity to try it in person as I am in Italy and as of today Tilbury is not sold at any counters here (but Sephora is said to stock it soon) so I had to buy online. Sight unseen (yep, relying only via online swathces).
Please take a good note of the following: this is NOT that universally flattering shade suiting everyone.
It looked the perfect MLBB shade in the pics, sadly it is NOT.
It runs way darker in the pics and is way dark in the tube compared to what you get on your lips.
It looks sallow and washes me out dramatically. Please note I am blonde, blue eyes, fair/medium skin (I'd say NW15-20 with yellow undertones), my lips are not pigmeneted at all. I would expect a "wash out" if I had pigmened lips, but that's not my case.
Fact is I can only wear it with a darker base or a darker lipliner, and it looks nice. But not alone.
I think it has some blue undertone that clashes with my yellow undertones. I can't really see any yellow or beige tones in this rosy shade. It is more a pale rosey mauve.
The formula is nice, creamy and not drying, but not outstanding, it does not last long hours as other matte shades do.
Formula and quality wise, it is very very similar to some Kiko lippies I own, swatched side by side and on the lips (note that Kiko retails for a fraction of the Tilbury price...).
I suspect they are made in the same facility, as Tilbury lippies are manufactured in Italy and Kiko (=italian brand) owns one of the largest makeup production facilites in northern Italy.
Packaging is super luxury though and this may in part justify the price.
To sum up: I was planning to buy other shades and the Pillow talk lip liner... but I will not unless I am able to swatch in person. That's my recommendation: don't buy sight unseen as you might get disappointed.

This color was a disappointment to me. It was too brown and not similar enough to the lip liner, which is my HG MLBB color. I gave this to a friend who is more tanned and yellow-toned.

on 10/12/2018 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Overall I love CT matte revolution lipsticks and this is my go to for everyday / workdays and whenever I want a “my lips but better” look. It’s very subtle and can even be applied without a mirror. Totally matte but not at all drying. Staying power is rather weak however it never leaves blotchy patches. It seems to fade away to nothing. It’s always in my handbag for a quick reapply. Recommended.

on 9/24/2018 11:33:00 AM

UPDATE: I had to downgrade this to only 2 lippies because after trying to wear it on a few occasions, it really dries out my lips. The colours is still very nice, so I'm very disappointed. It feels so uncomfortable. What a waste. *** I had to try this because I was looking for a nude shade and so many people say Pillow talk suits everyone. Well, it's nice on me (pale yellow-toned skin with some redness in the face, green eyes, brown hair) but nothing phenomenal - actually I wouldn't describe any nude lipstick shade as phenomenal, their whole point is they are understated. Pillow talk definitely is "nude" in the sense that it looks like I've nothing on my lips. The depth is about the same as my lips and it just neutralises the natural redness of my lips a bit. I look absolutely awful in any shade that is visibly lighter than my natural lips. This looks nice. On my skintone Pillow talk reads as a pinky nude.
I did not buy the matching lip liner because I figured that my Rimmel Addiction would work with this, and it does. I would wear this when I don't want an obvious lipstick look or want to neutralise my lips a bit. I don't normally go for the nude lip look (I prefer slightly darker, muted red shades like Lipstick Queen's Saint natural), but when I do I'll reach for this.
About the formula: it's definitely matte, but a little sheer I guess because it doesn't look flat or cakey like some mattes can. It feels comfortable on, but I cannot yet comment on long-term wear. The packaging is of course gorgeous and the price - well, it's expensive but I'd rather have only a few lipsticks and make them high quality. This is definitely high quality.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

YESSS! Charlotte, just take my 34 dollars and let's call it a day.

I had no idea just how much I would love this shade. I do not really care about any other colour, but Pillow Talk is seriously a stunner! It is this perfect, pinky/nude/beige that will look ah-mazing on people of all ages and colours. Seriously, try it - it will look good on your puppy too.

I really did not like her creamy lipsticks. But this formula is different to say MAC's or even any other mattes. It is not dry, but it is not 100% opaque either. I'd call it a buildable matte, that you can either wear sheer or add a few more layers and make it pop. You are the boss and I love the fact that you can adjust it to any makeup look easily. Wear it with smokey eyes, wear it on a no makeup day - it will make your lips look kissable and smooth. Just like velvet. Gosh, try it and thank me later!

For those of you who are curious to know more about her bestsellers, I have unedited swatches, application tips and makeup look in a separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/16/Full-Face-Of-Charlotte-Tilbury-Bestsellers). I hope it helps!

on 8/22/2018 2:42:00 AM

This is a beautiful nude colour, a kind of taupey pink on the cool side, great with the matching lip liner which I actually use as a liner for many other lipsticks. It feels great on the lips, has a really lovely weightless moisturising elastic feel to it. On me it is a bit pale and washed out for summer - prefer to wear it in winter where the colour is stronger against my paler (read pasty!) skin. Sadly it does not last long even with a lip primer and need to reapply about every 2-3 hours.

on 7/28/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pillow Talk is a beautiful neutral rose pink shade without any shimmer. It's an extremely versatile, classic color that brightens the face and makes lips look plump and kissable. I have a medium (around NC40) skintone so it's hard for me to find a rose pink that doesn't end up looking too Barbie/ bright on my lips. This is perfect! Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks are the best matte formula I have ever tried- they're comfortable and almost creamy, with a delicious vanilla scent. I like to wear this shade with a variety of lipliners: MAC Whirl, NYX Mauve, CT Pillow Talk. Love the retro rose gold packaging, too :)