Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick - Pillow Talk

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick - Pillow Talk

4.2

on 10/12/2018 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Overall I love CT matte revolution lipsticks and this is my go to for everyday / workdays and whenever I want a “my lips but better” look. It’s very subtle and can even be applied without a mirror. Totally matte but not at all drying. Staying power is rather weak however it never leaves blotchy patches. It seems to fade away to nothing. It’s always in my handbag for a quick reapply. Recommended.

on 9/24/2018 11:33:00 AM

UPDATE: I had to downgrade this to only 2 lippies because after trying to wear it on a few occasions, it really dries out my lips. The colours is still very nice, so I'm very disappointed. It feels so uncomfortable. What a waste. *** I had to try this because I was looking for a nude shade and so many people say Pillow talk suits everyone. Well, it's nice on me (pale yellow-toned skin with some redness in the face, green eyes, brown hair) but nothing phenomenal - actually I wouldn't describe any nude lipstick shade as phenomenal, their whole point is they are understated. Pillow talk definitely is "nude" in the sense that it looks like I've nothing on my lips. The depth is about the same as my lips and it just neutralises the natural redness of my lips a bit. I look absolutely awful in any shade that is visibly lighter than my natural lips. This looks nice. On my skintone Pillow talk reads as a pinky nude.
I did not buy the matching lip liner because I figured that my Rimmel Addiction would work with this, and it does. I would wear this when I don't want an obvious lipstick look or want to neutralise my lips a bit. I don't normally go for the nude lip look (I prefer slightly darker, muted red shades like Lipstick Queen's Saint natural), but when I do I'll reach for this.
About the formula: it's definitely matte, but a little sheer I guess because it doesn't look flat or cakey like some mattes can. It feels comfortable on, but I cannot yet comment on long-term wear. The packaging is of course gorgeous and the price - well, it's expensive but I'd rather have only a few lipsticks and make them high quality. This is definitely high quality.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

YESSS! Charlotte, just take my 34 dollars and let's call it a day.

I had no idea just how much I would love this shade. I do not really care about any other colour, but Pillow Talk is seriously a stunner! It is this perfect, pinky/nude/beige that will look ah-mazing on people of all ages and colours. Seriously, try it - it will look good on your puppy too.

I really did not like her creamy lipsticks. But this formula is different to say MAC's or even any other mattes. It is not dry, but it is not 100% opaque either. I'd call it a buildable matte, that you can either wear sheer or add a few more layers and make it pop. You are the boss and I love the fact that you can adjust it to any makeup look easily. Wear it with smokey eyes, wear it on a no makeup day - it will make your lips look kissable and smooth. Just like velvet. Gosh, try it and thank me later!

For those of you who are curious to know more about her bestsellers, I have unedited swatches, application tips and makeup look in a separate review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/09/16/Full-Face-Of-Charlotte-Tilbury-Bestsellers). I hope it helps!

on 8/22/2018 2:42:00 AM

This is a beautiful nude colour, a kind of taupey pink on the cool side, great with the matching lip liner which I actually use as a liner for many other lipsticks. It feels great on the lips, has a really lovely weightless moisturising elastic feel to it. On me it is a bit pale and washed out for summer - prefer to wear it in winter where the colour is stronger against my paler (read pasty!) skin. Sadly it does not last long even with a lip primer and need to reapply about every 2-3 hours.

on 7/28/2018 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pillow Talk is a beautiful neutral rose pink shade without any shimmer. It's an extremely versatile, classic color that brightens the face and makes lips look plump and kissable. I have a medium (around NC40) skintone so it's hard for me to find a rose pink that doesn't end up looking too Barbie/ bright on my lips. This is perfect! Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks are the best matte formula I have ever tried- they're comfortable and almost creamy, with a delicious vanilla scent. I like to wear this shade with a variety of lipliners: MAC Whirl, NYX Mauve, CT Pillow Talk. Love the retro rose gold packaging, too :)

on 3/5/2018 10:45:00 AM

My ultimate HG lipstick. If Charlotte ever discontinues it I will die.

CT lipsticks have a soft, buttery finish that doesn’t feel drying, but appears matte. Ladylike, but hot. Like something Betty Draper would wear. Like you would wear on your wedding day. This is the perfect supermodel Cindy-level brownish pink je ne sais quoi. It looks good on literally every single skin tone, tastes like butterscotch and contains lovely dewdrops of plumping ingredients.

on 1/29/2018 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It has taken me months before I dared to take the plunge and order this as I had doubts that this colour would look good on me. I was wrong and not afraid to admit it! This is THE ONE & ONLY REAL MLBB for me. I don’t really like my own lip colour but this enhances it and makes them look so unbelievably good and as if I am not really wearing anything. It is matte but not a flat matte, it has some depth and luminosity, making it an absolute favourite for minimum make-up days or to be combined with an elaborate eye look. Having said that, it doesn’t last very long on me (even in combo with the lip liner) and the packaging is meh IMHO. It is an expensive lipstick and the material feels kind of cheap. I would definitely rebuy this if I ran out or lost it but it is not a perfect 5 in my book.

on 11/28/2017 10:40:00 PM

My skintone is quite pale (maybe NC20-25) and I was searching for the perfect MLBB lipstick for my wedding day. It's a perfect balance of pink and brown without too much of either. It looked very natural in the photos, and not too nude or too dark. The finish is quite matte, it is not the most opaque on the first swipe, and the texture is on the dry side (not much slip). Not to say that it's not a good lipstick though. It is fully opaque if you go over your lips, and the dryer texture can be a good thing because it is less likely to smear or bleed. However, my lips are VERY prone to dryness, and unfortunately this lipstick is not moisturizing enough for me. It definitely dries my lips out after a few hours of wear. I LOVE the color, and I think it is a decent formula in a beautiful case, and despite the fact that it dries my lips out, I will keep wearing it. It wears as well every day as it does for special occasions.

When I bought this I had a deep tan (probably NC42+) but it's been a few weeks and my tan has significantly faded (I'm not my normal colour yet but a lot lighter). I have found that this lipstick looks good on me whether I'm tan or light (although I must say that it looks different each time - when I was deep it looked peachy nude now that I'm lighter it's more pink nude). Reviewers have compared it with MAC'S Velvet Teddy, which is also a favourite of mine. I couldn't agree more. VT on me is straight up nude but PT has more pink. It's a bit like swiping a bit of MAC Kinda Sexy (when I'm tan) or Mehr (when I'm light) over VT.

I remember at the counter the SA showed me other shades and even she didn't expect PT to look really good on me LOL but after seeing me try several others she said wow when I put PT on and said this was what I had to have.

I love that PT isn't drying on me. It has such an elegant, dressy packaging (one you pull out at dinner parties). It has a nice scent that isn't overpowering. The only downside (but not a deal breaker) is that it is not as opaque as MAC matte lipsticks.

I think this is a great pink nude/MLBB shade for a range of skin tones.

I'm NC20 and this is a perfect everyday neutral pink lipstick for me. It's close to MAC - Velvet teddy but pinkier. Clinique - 01 blushing pop comes close to Pillow talk but it's more brown in color. The lipstick matches perfectly the lipliner in the same shade. If you like the pillowtalk lipliner, you're going to love the lipstick. The matte formula is quite comfortable, it reminds me of the texture that the lip balm revel de miel by nuxe has. It has no significant scent. It is long lasting and not overly drying on the lips.