3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I'm sorry but Pillow Talk looks totally different on your lips than it does swatched on the back of your hand. This is NOT worth the $34. Save your money and either go buy MAC Velvet Teddy ( which is very similar) or a Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick for less than half the money of a CT lipstick.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 months ago

This is exactly what everyone says it is - a matte but moisturizing, MLBB pinky nude colour. I really like the shape of the bullet and how it makes the application so much easier. The formula is great and easy to layer and reapply. The colour is great although I feel like it can look very different in different lighting. Sometimes it looks very cool-tone and other times warm tone. I have Asian light-medium warm toned skin. I like wearing this to work, but it does come off very easily.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

6 months ago

I ordered this the second it was released. It hardly shows on my NC20 face. I also dislike the formula...my lips feel dry but smudgy(?) if that makes any sense.. it has put me off from buying any other CT lippies. I can vouch for her Stoned Rose- nice formula

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

7 months ago

This pulls really peachy on me and the colour isn’t flattering because of it. It looks pink on the models on the video, but not so much on me. The formula is nice though and I’m sure it would suit someone with different colouring than me (I’m very fair with quite cool undertones and this shade is too warm for me to wear well)

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 months ago

I've been coveting this lipstick since I found out about Charlotte Tilbury's makeup brand. It seems that everyone and their mom loves/has this shade. I like the shade of Pillow Talk, it's the perfect nudey pink shade. The formula is very nice, it glides on velvety and matte. It reminds me of NARS velvet matte pencils but NARS feels heavier with pigment, while PT is very light and airy. I don't notice much of a smell with this lipstick either. I do feel that PT doesn't suit my skin tone enough to my liking but I'm going to try different methods of applying. So far I've applied a balm underneath and PT on top. I think maybe I'll need the PT lip liner as well. I love this gold striated tube packaging. It feels very sturdy and it screams old Hollywood glam. I can just imagine old Hollywood stars with a tube of PT in their bag, applying it to their lips with the help of the closest reflective window they can find.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

After holding out for so long, I finally purchased this lipstick. I wanted to see what all the social media fuss was about. I purchased this and her K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Penelope Pink to compare formulas. I will say, I do enjoy this matte formula. It's not as drying as other matte formulas I have (including Pat McGrath's Mattetrance, though PMG's pigmentation is like no other) and it has this nice blurring effect on the lips that I wasn't expecting. It's a nice shade, but I don't think it warrants all the hype it got in the past. On my NC25 skin tone, it looks nice, but not easily distinguishable between other nudes in my collection (although I'll admit I do have way too many nude lip colours). I do like it and enjoy using it on a daily basis but it's not something that blows my mind. Between the 2 formulas, I actually think I prefer the K.I.S.S.I.NG formula slightly more. That being said, I've already picked up more shades in both of her formulas (I have a problem). If you have the money, test it out, I don't think you'd be disappointed. If you don't, don't sweat it. There are other great nude lipsticks out there on the market and most will be more affordable than these.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

a year ago

What I like about Pillow Talk is the texture - applies smoothly and feels light and comfortable for a matte lipstick. Also seems to last a few good hours. What I'm not a fan of is the packaging - looks good but it's also lightweight and plastic. Reminds my of the older Estee Lauder Signature lipstick fluted package but that felt properly weighty. Also the color... I wouldn't have bought it had I the chance to try on since it's literary the exact same color of my lips. Not even MLBB. The color, depth, tone is an absolute dupe. I can see there's something on because of the velvety texture but other people can't really tell if I'm wearing anything at all. At least it doesn't look orange as happened with other reviewers but honestly I have no reason to apply an invisible lipstick.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I love many of the Charlotte Tilbury products; however not this one. I found the lipstick to be very drying. The color was very nice, but it absolutely dragged across my lips and then seemed so thick and dry. I felt like I had 2 pounds of lipstick on! Just did not work for me. I will stay with some of the other products though.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

This lipstick is a beautiful, beautiful color on the lips. It's the MLBB shade I've been searching for. Perfect nudey-pink on my cool-toned skin, but...it is very drying. Not an uncomfortable drying, but more of a sneaky drying. It feels smooth and good on the lips at first, but then an hour later it it sinks into the grooves of your lip lines, and it ain't pretty. If you want to wear this, you need to exfoliate and balm up. In addition to that, the packaging is hot garbage. When applying, the lipstick wobbles around in the tube, like the base is loose. This lipstick is $34 dollars and the packaging quality is cheap and weak, like a dollar store lipstick. Frankly, I'm insulted. I'm sure I got an anomaly, but for $34 all those lipsticks should be perfect. I've bought hundreds of high end and drugstore lipsticks and I've only encountered this problem with some drugstore lipsticks and one Chanel lipstick. Consequently, that was the last Chanel lipstick I ever bought, or will ever buy. Since Charlotte Tilbury is too fancy to be sold at any store in my state, I had to order online from Sephora, and now if I want to return it, I have to drive a considerable distance. https://img.makeupalley.com/6/8/2/8/3564452.JPG

About reviewer (465 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I have them both, this is exactly like Bobbi Brown’s “tawny pink”, Bobbi’s maybe slightly darker maybe. Bobbi’s formula is also great very soft and comfortable on the lips.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure