3.8

Shop Now

Reviews

from

2 years ago

It has taken me months before I dared to take the plunge and order this as I had doubts that this colour would look good on me. I was wrong and not afraid to admit it! This is THE ONE & ONLY REAL MLBB for me. I don’t really like my own lip colour but this enhances it and makes them look so unbelievably good and as if I am not really wearing anything. It is matte but not a flat matte, it has some depth and luminosity, making it an absolute favourite for minimum make-up days or to be combined with an elaborate eye look. Having said that, it doesn’t last very long on me (even in combo with the lip liner) and the packaging is meh IMHO. It is an expensive lipstick and the material feels kind of cheap. I would definitely rebuy this if I ran out or lost it but it is not a perfect 5 in my book.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

My skintone is quite pale (maybe NC20-25) and I was searching for the perfect MLBB lipstick for my wedding day. It's a perfect balance of pink and brown without too much of either. It looked very natural in the photos, and not too nude or too dark. The finish is quite matte, it is not the most opaque on the first swipe, and the texture is on the dry side (not much slip). Not to say that it's not a good lipstick though. It is fully opaque if you go over your lips, and the dryer texture can be a good thing because it is less likely to smear or bleed. However, my lips are VERY prone to dryness, and unfortunately this lipstick is not moisturizing enough for me. It definitely dries my lips out after a few hours of wear. I LOVE the color, and I think it is a decent formula in a beautiful case, and despite the fact that it dries my lips out, I will keep wearing it. It wears as well every day as it does for special occasions.

About reviewer (169 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

When I bought this I had a deep tan (probably NC42+) but it's been a few weeks and my tan has significantly faded (I'm not my normal colour yet but a lot lighter). I have found that this lipstick looks good on me whether I'm tan or light (although I must say that it looks different each time - when I was deep it looked peachy nude now that I'm lighter it's more pink nude). Reviewers have compared it with MAC'S Velvet Teddy, which is also a favourite of mine. I couldn't agree more. VT on me is straight up nude but PT has more pink. It's a bit like swiping a bit of MAC Kinda Sexy (when I'm tan) or Mehr (when I'm light) over VT. I remember at the counter the SA showed me other shades and even she didn't expect PT to look really good on me LOL but after seeing me try several others she said wow when I put PT on and said this was what I had to have. I love that PT isn't drying on me. It has such an elegant, dressy packaging (one you pull out at dinner parties). It has a nice scent that isn't overpowering. The only downside (but not a deal breaker) is that it is not as opaque as MAC matte lipsticks. I think this is a great pink nude/MLBB shade for a range of skin tones.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I'm NC20 and this is a perfect everyday neutral pink lipstick for me. It's close to MAC - Velvet teddy but pinkier. Clinique - 01 blushing pop comes close to Pillow talk but it's more brown in color. The lipstick matches perfectly the lipliner in the same shade. If you like the pillowtalk lipliner, you're going to love the lipstick. The matte formula is quite comfortable, it reminds me of the texture that the lip balm revel de miel by nuxe has. It has no significant scent. It is long lasting and not overly drying on the lips.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

3 years ago

I was waiting for 2-3 weeks for this product to arrive (had to order it via Instagram online seller to avoid the tax fuss here). It's a beautiful dusty rose color that suits for everyday wear. My husband is very picky on my lip color, he doesn't like overly done face or strong colors (which I don't mind too, fyi), so this is perfect for me. It has a vanilla scent but nothing too strong. It doesn't look matte neither too glossy, but moisturising enough with a sheen finish. If I had money to buy more CT lipstick, most likely I will pick another color to compare shades/for collection sake ???? The signature packaging is forever lovely and very classic. Loving it.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

I ordered this online and only when it was delivered and I swatched it did I realise its pretty much the exact same as Velvet Teddy by Mac which I purchased only a few months ago, the only difference is Pillow talk is slightly lighter and a bit less opaque compared to Velvet teddy but once theyre on nobody would spot the difference. I love Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks and I will wear this one but im raged that its so similar to another cult classic product. If you want to save money then just go buy Velvet Teddy instead.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

I had high hopes for this but it was dismal on me. I have a neutral/fair complexion with rosy pigmented lips. This looked grayish beige on me. Will stick with my Laura Mercier Lychee Parfait - that really looks like my lips.

About reviewer (483 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

As per Charlotte Tilbury style the lipstick is housed in a beautiful rose gold colored case. The case itself screams quality. The lipstick has a slight vanilla fragrance but no discernable taste. It goes on smoothly. I find I need a couple of swipes to get full, opaque coverage. I would call it semi matte. Although, not super moisturizing, it is not drying. It stays on about 4 hours, less if I eat or drink. The color is a nude, dusty pink on me. It is really lovely. On my skin it is a little cool. I hope it remains a permanent shade because of its versatility. It can be very laid back to high fashion. If I lose it or use it up, I will definitely repurchase. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I love pillow talk w pillow talk lip cheat & seduction lip lacquer. My perf nude! I just love charlotte tilbury makeup from the substantial feeling/looking packaging to the square tip for ease of application. #winning #keepingit

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

For my fair complexion Matte Revolution Pillow Talk is one of the best MLBB nudes I have found, and with the perfect matte finish. I am NW15 for reference, blonde with very pigmented lips, so nudes can be tricky on me because they tend to wash me out. Before Pillow Talk was launched this spring, I used to wear Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk lip liner and Very Victoria Matte Revolution lipstick. Comparing these two, I prefer Pillowtalk because with my skin tone it just looks more complex. The shade Pillowtalk has some more pink tones compared to Very Victoria which is more muted and mauvey with a hint of grey. The finish of all CT Matte Revolution lipsticks is perfection to me. Always having dry lips I hadn't come across many matte lip products that I could wear comfortably, and that would look flattering. Only exception being Tom Ford, however, the color range of mattes TF offers is somewhat limited. Other CT mattes I enjoy with my coloring are Bond Girl, Amazing Grace and Secret Selma. In all Matte Revolution shades, I much enjoy the soft and not overpowering vanilla scent, the genius square shape of the lipstick tip which makes applying without a brush a breeze and the glamorous rose gold art deco inspired packaging. Price went up to $34 recently, but in my view these lipsticks are a worthy splurge.

About reviewer (573 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool