Philosophy My Philosophy: Compassionate

4.5

on 9/9/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love a warm & cozy vanilla scent for fall/winter. I bought this from a discount site after reading the description, and I was not disappointed. I love this scent! It's a simple, straightforward vanilla. Not as sugary-sweet as Philosophy Fresh Cream. It's fairly concentrated for a Philosophy fragrance (it's an eau de parfum) and it lasts all day on me. The first time I wore it, my 6-year-old daughter told me, 'Mommy, you smell good. Like, really good.' I was sold.

It has the typical minimalist Philosophy packaging, which I really like. I believe it's discontinued, as it's no longer available on the Philosophy website. Repurchase? Sure did, I bought a backup while it's still available, and I am tempted to try some of the other scents in the line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was eager to try this fragrance out and my local Sephora was sweet enough to give me a generous size sample. This is definitely a vanilla fragrance and I would recommend to any of my fellow vanilla junkies out there to try. In my opinion this is a clean and crisp vanilla, not a cake batter vanilla. This fragrance has now been discontinued. Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmande is a great dupe. I will not repurchase.