Cake Beauty The All Powderful Tinted Dry Shampoo

Cake Beauty The All Powderful Tinted Dry Shampoo
The All Powderful Tinted Dry Shampoo

3.5

on 12/28/2017 10:27:00 PM

I purchased the version for dark hair. It made my hair my oily. It was really messy, the powder was everywhere. I would stick with klorane dry shampoos.

on 12/14/2017 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very excited to get this product, but I guess I had set my hopes way too high. I purchased it after making a switch to cruelty free products. First thing I noticed was how easily messy it gets; maybe I just got a dud but product spills out even when I close the lid shut. As for performance, I find that I have to use a lot of product to see a dramatic difference; I prefer to use it on days where my hair isn't entirely oily and just needs a bit of a pick me up. If I use it when my hair is incredibly oily I end up using too much product and it builds up on my scalp and makes it a bit itchy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to dry shampoo for traveling, I always do carry on only so the less liquids the better. I found this completely by accident but I've been impressed with it! I've seen a few reviews stating the mess factor but to be honest even on my first attempt I never experienced that. The lid has three different openings, a wide lip, a narrow triangle shaped opening, and a sifter opening. If you're worried that powder will get everywhere use the sifter opening for more product control and use before putting your clothes on.

While it doesn't take much product to get rid of the greasy/dirty hair look this is the first dry shampoo I've ever had that doesn't last all day. If I apply first thing in the morning by dinner time my hair starts to look dirty again so I need to reapply. Not a super big deal though so I will continue to repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I enjoy this Cake Dry Shampoo - I've only ever tried spray dry shampoos, this is my first actual powder dry shampoo. I purchased the color light-medium brown. I wish I had purchased the darker color.

I feel like if you have fairly greasy hair you do have to use quite a bit of product, which sucks because you don't get a ton of powder and it's not cheap. It also didn't really help to cover my gray patch, it more just stained my scalp. It does blend in nicely with darker hair.

I found that it doesn't add any grit or volume, which I personally love. It leaves your hair less oily feeling and smooth. I don't think I would repurchase.

on 3/14/2017 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I travel a lot for work. So much so , that checking a bag is just too much work. Overall I have packing down to a fine art - however there are a handful of airports that are incredibly picky over how much liquid you can bring with you - others are lenient. This is a godsend.
It can keep my hair darn near perfect for at least 4 days. It smells amazing , and doesn't have the white residue that others have.
Best - you need VERY little.
I was worried about the mess factor of no spray , but this powder is an amazing texture so there is very little mess.
Not sure that I will ever use this at home , but for traveling - this just may be my new best friend !!!

on 3/8/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This corn starch based dry shampoo comes in 3 shades - light, medium (for light to medium brunettes) and dark. The dispenser is a smallish powder shaker tube. I purchased on sale at SDM for 13 dollars, regular price 19. I actually went back for a 2nd can after testing it out. I can see this working out for travelling, but I'd store in a zip lock just to prevent spills anyway. I think the amount of product for the price is decent even at full price.

The tone I got was medium, as I have medium golden brown hair, maybe about 5% silver grey peeking through. I sprinkled a small amount in my palm and worked it through my hair and scalp as per instructions and it really did work quite well for me. It didn't make my hair dull and blended seamlessly. I've tried a few aerosol dry shampoos without much luck. I mean I liked the Klorane one, but my skin and scalp hate isopropyl myristate. I did try a few variations on DIY powder dry shampoos but they all made my hair dull or chalky looking.

This is the 1st dry shampoo I have really liked. It is fragranced and doesn't seem to bother my skin any. The scent is not overwhelming, but is gourmand. Not sickly sweet, but sweet. It smells like sugar cookies to me. With a little cocoa and spice. I'm not an overly gourmand scent lover but I do adore vanilla scents, and this smells kind of like Demeter Sugar Cookie to me, but better. I usually use dry shampoo the day before I plan to wash my hair, but with this, if I had to, I could stretch another day out of it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials