Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5

Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5

3.5

AQUA (WATER), SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE CROSSPOLYMER, PANTHENOL, AHNFELTIA CONCINNA EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPANEDIOL, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6, PPG-26-BUTETH-26, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, CITRIC ACID, ETHOXYDIGLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN.

on 11/25/2018 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for over a year now & I love it. Before using this I noticed that I was starting to get wrinkles around my mouth. That is something I would like to delay as long as possible! When I first used this I noticed immediate plumping which made the wrinkles disappear. After using it once a day for a few months I didn't see the wrinkles at all, even if I skipped a day. I'm not sure how that works as it is only supposed to have a temporary effect. I think my overall skin is just healthier and more resilient. I tried the Niod & the Hylamide hyaluronic acid versions & they seemed to have the same effect. I'm sticking to the Ordinary version as It does the trick and is a lot cheaper.

on 11/15/2018 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MY ROSACEA: I'm 45 and have had rosacea for 25 years. It's been getting worse since I hit my 40s. On top of redness on my cheeks, nose and chin, I developed little bumps, pustules and almost every pore near my nose and chin were enlarged, angry and red. In the winter I get small dry red plaques on my cheeks. I don't flush unless I try new products, drink alcohol or go outside in strong winter winds.

It was getting more difficult to cover my rosacea with makeup as my oily T zone developed a top layer of rough broken skin that my foundation accentuated. Last month I bought a bunch of new things to try base on reviews here and on YouTube.

I never write reviews, because most products never help, at best they just didn't make things worse. I've seen such improvements in the last month I had to come here and share.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR - PM routine:

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - 1 month
Ordinary Rosehip Oil - 1 month
Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 1 week
Ordinary Azelaic Acid - 1 week

RESULTS SO FAR:
I can't believe it, after 1 month the texture of my skin is the best since I was a teenager. It is smooth and hydrated and this is happening as the temperatures have dropped to winter levels!!! The bumps are reduced by 80%, my redness by at least 60% and my pores have shrunk and are no longer irritated. All of this for less than $30 CND. I noticed improvements as I introduced each new products, so it's not just one thing working, it seems to be the combo.

HYALURONIC ACID:
I noticed some people complained about pilling and The Ordinary folks said to apply less. This is hard to do because the serum is a fast drying gel, so I've only used this at night after cleansing. I then gently tap on the other products, letting each one dry a bit.

I've also used it on the backs of my upper arms where I have little bumps most of my life and they have reduced by about 80%

on 9/26/2018 10:25:00 PM

I wanted to love this, but no such luck. I only used a few drops so didn't have the stickiness or pilling others have noted in their reviews, but it broke me out. I have mature dry skin with very infrequent breakouts, so that is saying something. TO other products have worked great for me, especially The Buffet. But this one was a no.

on 9/13/2018 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product on a whim to see if it is as good as or better than other serums I have used. Unfortunately, it does not hydrate my skin at all. For the price, I really wanted to like this product, but for me it is a dud. I have used Skinceuticals HA serum and the B5 Hydrating Gel and Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Acid Cream which actually replenish moisture in my skin.

on 9/9/2018 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I’ve always been lucky in terms of my skin type and texture; it’s always been on the normal side with a bit of oiliness in the t-zone. However, as I advance into my 30s, I’ve taken to wearing foundation almost every day because my skin hadn’t been as radiant and glowy as it was a decade ago. Since using The Ordinary for the last few months, I actually feel comfortable enough to only use concealer on my undereyes and around my mouth and skip the foundation altogether! I use at night by patting it on just before I apply my night cream. It definitely helps my skin drink up the cream (which is awesome). My skin feels suppler and looks a lot more radiant than when I started with this product. I haven’t changed night creams or toners for that matter since I started using this so the changes are definitely correlating with this product. An important note is that one must use this for a few months to see results. While this can be said about most products, I started using this end-March and only started seeing my skin change towards the end of the summer. I’m definitely curious to try other products from this line. I like the no-nonsense packaging and the frosted glass bottle. The price is unbeatable and I only need a tiny amount per use so it will easily last me till its expiry date. I’ll definitely repurchase this (and a bunch of other formulas!) in my next haul.

on 9/5/2018 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This serum gave me Very bad breakouts!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I thought I'd struck gold to find a serum with Sodium Hyaluronate - a fantastic humectant, yet without silicones and at such a great price (almost impossible combination!), but it turned out to be a bit...well not quite what I'd expected.

I applied only a couple of drops to begin with as my skin is notorious for disliking too much moisture, however there were no issues and so I upped it to about 4 drops every AM and PM, followed by my usual moisturizer. The texture is like a cool, watery gel that you can almost feel your skin drinking up, and lo and behold, I did see a slight plumping effect which I guess is the S.A in it, acting as a moisture magnet. Admittedly though the effects were temporary, I found my skin looked exactly the same as it had prior to applying the second I washed my face. I didn't notice any of the acne scar fading benefits some other MUA'ers have mentioned but I wasn't really expecting it from this product either, going by its ingredients listing.

The downside for me was the chemical-like smell which don't get me wrong I'm all for unfragranced skincare, but this was a bit too strong for me, even once my moisturizer went over it. Maybe I just have a super sensitive nose! I wouldn't let the smell put you off. At this price at least you know you won't be out of pocket if you dislike it in any way. And although I'm willing to spend on good quality products, you can't help but totally love it when they cost as little as The Ordinary's range does!

Verdict: A reasonably good product but not for me.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Oops. I meant this review for the Niacinamide + Zinc. Sorry & FYI!!!
Give it time. I thought I didn't love it at first because it was a bit drying to my already dry skin, a little tacky, and in no way moisturizing. But in time, I noticed a difference in my pores and overall skin barrier!!! I noticed a difference when I take it out of my routine so I need to use it regularly-- even daily. I usually notice a difference in 1-2 weeks. Worth it!!!

Dries to leave a sticky film that I could feel on my face throughout the day, pretty sure this is why I ended up with clogged pores and break outs. Did not see any of the moisturising benefits I typically see with hyaluronic acid-based products.

Like a lot of other reviewers here, I found this piled under almost all other products, which is pretty useless given that it’s a serum and should be used under other products like a moisturiser or hydrating oil. Gave up and threw it away after using half the bottle.

on 8/9/2018 6:28:00 AM

I believe it is a great product for the price!. You really can't go wrong with this. When you first put it on your skin it does feel tacky but it absorbs pretty quickly and then the stickyness goes away. I don't feel it fully plumps my skin and that is why im giving it 4 lippies instead of 5. Overall It does a good job and would repurchase again :). I use it day and night as my first step before the rest of my products (vitamin c, moisturizer, spf, etc).