Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5

Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5

3.6

AQUA (WATER), SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE CROSSPOLYMER, PANTHENOL, AHNFELTIA CONCINNA EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPANEDIOL, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6, PPG-26-BUTETH-26, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, CITRIC ACID, ETHOXYDIGLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid + B5 is supposed to hydrate. It is sticky on the skin. I don’t really see or feel a difference after a couple of bottles. I won’t buy this again. The only plus is that it’s cheap.

on 7/16/2018 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As a child, a cat scratched me above my lip and left a vertical scar. About 3-4 years ago, after my first whole 30, I lost about 10-12 lb and my face changed. Suddenly the cat scar combined with years of RBF gave me upper lip wrinkles. After using this serum for a week, those lines aren't as prominent! I am using 2-3 drops to cover my entire face, concentrating on my upper lip area and under my eyes- basically where the smile lines/crows feet develop. This is a great moisturizer but if you use the entire dropper full, it will be sticky and will pill. I have seen better results with this (and the buffet, vit c in silicone) than I did with retinol. I'm very happy I purchased this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am very disappointed. This is very sticky and doesn't seem to hydrate my skin (dehydrated) at all, in fact it makes it feel even more tight and uncomfortable. I was aware that it may not be as hydrating as say the NIOD or Hylamide serums, however I was willing to give it a try given the amazing price. Unfortunately, I think in this case you get what you pay for. I am going to mix it in with body creams so I use it up, however won't be applying it to my face or re-purchasing it in the future

I'm on my second bottle and use it every other night on top of the ordinary niacinimide serum and I love it. On the other nights I use .1% retin-a and have been using retin-a for about 10 years. I have noticed my pores tightening, my hooded eyelids aren't so droopy and my skin is texture is just improved. I'm not sure if it's the niacinimide serum or both but for the price I'll keep it in my current routine.

on 6/9/2018 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Okay so this serum broke me out and sometimes caused horrible pilling. It took me sometime to realize that this was causing tiny whiteheads because I didn't even think HA could break you out. Since then I've done some research and found out that low molecular HA can penetrate the skin unlike high molecular HA (though both of them are beneficial in their own ways) and therefore, there's a possibility that some irritants can slip in along with the low molecular HA. The Ordinary's HA includes both types and my personal theory is that the low molecular weight HA is what's causing irritation to my skin. Oh and on top of this, I found it notoriously unpredictable when it came to using this with other products. Some days I could continue with my skincare and makeup fine after this and other days everything just pilled horribly and I had to cleanse my face and start all over. Ugh! I tried using less, tapping instead of rubbing and it still didn't help. It sucks because I wanted to add a basic hydrating step in routine and this fit the bill perfectly while still being inexpensive. Oh well.

on 6/8/2018 12:58:00 PM

This stuff gave me BAD breakouts!!! Bought a setup suited for dry skin butt hell no. Took months to recover the skin. Contacted them and got a full refund which made my heart melt a bit. Advanced stuff full of shit. Go for eco instead.

on 5/29/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is a game changer! Makes my skin feel so much more plump and full. I prefer this over the Hylamide hyaluronic acid even though Hylamide is $20 CAD (my mum agrees). Here's how I use it on my oily skin in a dry climate:
After cleansing, I pat my face with a towel but only to get a bit of water off. I leave my face dampened but not soaking wet, and apply three drops of this and massage it in until my face is dry. I like to let it sink in for about 15 min so that my products don't all ball up.

The trick in a dry climate is leaving your face wet to prevent transepidermal water loss!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Super hydrating, does not smell like anything, sinks into the skin almost immediately, leaves a healthy glow, nice consistency – overall just a great product! And for the price? Just amazing honestly! However, I do not recommend using this on its own, since it tends to crack a little. Just put some moisturiser on after and you are good to go!

on 4/16/2018 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used and loved Paula's Choice hyaluronic acid and this is comparable at a fraction of the price. I layer it with PC's 1% BHA lotion, The Ordinary's squalane, and moisturizer or spf (I rotate).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So many people rave about it, but honestly, this serum did nothing for my skin.

I have dry, dehydrated skin and am a huge fan of HA. Typically, after using HA serums, I get plumped, hydrated and glowing skin right the next day.

The Ordinary version, however, did zero for me. If anything, it made my skin feel drier and didn't add any hydration. I've tried a ton of ways to use it, but alas. Personally speaking, this is a gimmick. But it still works for some people, so I guess it just depends on your skin type. Would not recommend it to anyone with dry skin.

If you want to hear an in-depth review on this and other The Ordinary bestsellers check out my article here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/04/10/Extra-Ordinary-Review) Hope it helps!