Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5

Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5

3.7

AQUA (WATER), SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE CROSSPOLYMER, PANTHENOL, AHNFELTIA CONCINNA EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPANEDIOL, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6, PPG-26-BUTETH-26, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, CITRIC ACID, ETHOXYDIGLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive combination skin with an occasional breakout in my chin area or on my forehead rarely. I use this as a spot treatment and preventative.

1. It is very drying, moisturise twice a day at least if you use it or your skin will peal and be flaky.
2. It does work to some degree, I've noticed less spots and some spots that I have are quicker to come to the surface and heal than before, however it doesn't stop all of them and I still get painful ones on my chin, but less often.
3. It foams a little bit if you rub it on too quick but it dries instantly so just let it be, once it's dry moisturise. In the morning moisturise again cause you will dry out.
4. Rinse off your face in the morning and use sunscreen cause this will make your skin very prone to painful sunburns.

Overall it is not the best out there but it's good, for 6 bucks it's worth it.

on 11/21/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very Good for Hydrating, but ooh, the piling when mixning with other products! This is Why I only use this at night. Inte morning I go for TO Matrixyl instead - same plumping, Hydrating effect, but easier to combine with foundation and face cream flavour of the day. Paula’s Choice is my brand for Hyalyronic Acid, no piling there!

on 11/8/2017 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the Ordinary. I just turned 30 this year and only recently have I started to use serums etc. because of this brand. I wasn't willing to spend the exorbitant amount of $$ that many serums and highly concentrated active ingredient products warrant because my skin is generally pretty good other than the occasional pimple here and there. Needless to say, my skin has never looked better or stayed clear for so long since I started using their line of products.

I have dry skin and so naturally I jumped on this serum. When I first used it, I noticed a slight plumping effect but it seemed fairly temporary and would go away within the hour. I wasn't sure whether I needed to use it for a prolonged period of time before I'd see lasting results, so I finished up the first bottle and repurchased the second (because for < $7 CAD, why the F not right?). Funnily enough, I see absolutely no difference in my skin from the second bottle. Not only that, it has started to pill all over my face after it dries down (even without makeup on!). I've tested all my other serums and skincare products and this is definitely the culprit. It's really strange because the first bottle didn't do it at all and it makes me wonder how much of this (and all the other products I use) actually stay on my skin after i've whisked away all the balled up serum bits. Unfortunately I won't be repurchasing this one. I have purchased the higher end Sub-Q hyaluronic acid peptide serum though that has rave reviews so hopefully that will work better for my skin.

on 11/14/2017 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Bought several products all at once as the prices are great. You cannot go wrong to try out. I wanted to find something to help reduce lines. This is think, as some have said "slimy" odorless, colorless and lasts. It did not work for me as I had hoped an HA would. I will finish but not repurchase, nothing wrong just did not see any changes in my skin tone or texture.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another HG from The Ordinary.
I use it in the AM, preferably combined with Buffet from the same brand. Then add moisturizer with SPF and/or a tinted moisturizer. This works really well for my dehydrated, sensitive, early 40's skin.
This is such an inexpensive little workhorse! I have switched it up with a few similar products to test and compare, including the Hylamide Booster Low Molecular HA, which is stated on the Deciem website to be an even more efficient form of hyaluronic acid this basic one. This works best for me and the low pricepoint is just an added benefit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I first bought this about half a year ago. My skin was absolute chaos at the time (it still is, but now I'm more aware of what I smear on it) and I tried this together with the Natural moisturizing factors + HA. I didn't see any difference, my skin was just as dehydrated as before using it. However, I only tried it for a very short amount of time and about 1-2 months ago I decided to pick it up again, this time in combination with other products that I've been trying and liking recently. At first I saw nothing but after about a week I noticed two of the (very small, as I'm only twenty) lines on my forehead were less visible. Thus, I've kept using it since and I really like it. I think the reason it didn't help before was that I was using a rather harsh cleanser at the time. It does pill if I put makeup over it and therefor I'm giving it a 4/5, I haven't tried waiting a bit before continuing my routine after this to see if that changes anything, as I'm usually in a real hurry in the mornings. I will try that when I have time. I have heard people say that this clogged their pores after a while but I haven't noticed that thus far and my skin clogs very easily. I will update if that does happen. I'm using it twice a day but I might start using it only in the PM, when the pilling isn't as big of an issue.

on 10/27/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Unbelievably shocked at the negative effect this had on my dry, dehydrated skin. I tried every technique to make it work (applying to damp skin, locking in with oil, moisturiser, everything), but no matter what I did it dried me out and I looked a decade older. Every fine line was magnified. I went in with high hopes and am incredibly disappointed.

on 11/2/2017 6:38:00 PM

I've tried several HA serums from different brands (K Beauty brands, LRP, Indeed Labs, etc) and am really liking this one from The Ordinary. The other brands I've used have had thicker consistencies and have been more jelly-like, but I have no complaints about this one. I usually mix in one drop of rose hip oil before applying the HA serum, and the oil blends beautifully into The Ordinary's HA serum. The serum also layers nicely with my other serums, lotions and creams, and I've noticed no difference in terms of hydration levels in my skin, which means that The Ordinary serum is working as well as the others I've tried. The real bonus here is the price- for $7 CAD, I get 30 ml of product, which means I can buy 2.5 of these for the same price as the one I was normally using before. I'm not able to buy these at a local store, so have to get them shipped- which would be a real problem in the winter and summer, with temperature extremes- so will have to purchase in the spring and fall, but so be it. Deciem's shipping is fast and problem-free, so a small inconvenience for great product.

on 10/29/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Overall it is moisterizing and it did not break me out. It is quite sticky and gloopy, but i liked it. I dont think it helps with severe dry patches. But for maintaining normal hydration it is fine.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I didnt like it.it made my face so tight and it has done nothing.my skin was flaky dry and ths made it horrible.but it was very calming and soothing after a harsh day.when it was half bottle left i added some pure rosewater and fennel seed extract in it.so it made the ratio of 25% hylauronic acid,70 % fennel and rose water.afther tht i used thm and i amazed that it is doing miracle fr my skin.it makes face radiamt and luminous and i loved it