Physicians Formula #Insta Ready Concealer

Physicians Formula #Insta Ready Concealer

4.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.92, Zinc Oxide 3.95Inactive Ingredients: Water, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Decyl Isostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Cetyl Peg/ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Silica, Isostearyl Isostearate, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Butylene Glycol, Bis-peg-15 Dimethicone/ipdi Copolymer, Peg-2 Soyamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Maltodextrin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been trying to find a concealer that is not crease, cracking or cakeing (without putting face powder on top of it), but can cover my panda undereye. And this product does it all. I've tried so many brands and find a few that meet the requirement, but with the price, this one is definately the winner. I regret that this brand is not available in Asia...
Feel the same as other Reviewers about the packaging, but I depot and bring it in my purse in a small quantity (hate brands that charge steep price for packaging, because they end up in the trashcan anyway).

Oxidizes.. turns orange and I bought the lightest one. Also creases badly and is cakey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The coverage is amazing! This works well for my acne-prone skin. It does not break me out. My blemishes tend to get very red and this covers them up without the need of a colour corrector underneath. The redness of my blemishes do not show through after just one layer of this stuff. This also covers up my dark circles better than the Maybelline Age Rewind. I have no problem with the packaging, but the price is a little too high. Overall, I'm very impressed. This appears to be a very underrated drugstore product. Would definitely purchase this again.

on 2/5/2018 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This concealer is perfect for under eyes and spots. I have minimal spots but this covers what I have perfectly. For under eye it is not drying and doesn’t settle in my lines. It stays all day. I put it over foundation and top it off with a setting powder. I just use blotting sheets throughout the day and it stays put. It is liquidy not creamy so I just apply it with my fingers or a small sponge. I will buy this concealer again

I found this in a clearance bin at the local Walmart and decided to see if I liked it, and if I didn’t I could still use the little beauty blender sponge it came with. Seemed like a win win. I don’t wear liquid foundation so I need concealer that works to cover blemishes and under eyes while blending out and remaining natural looking, since some concealers look obvious if not used with a liquid foundation to blend in with. This worked amazingly well, and blended in perfectly with my skin tone and covered well all while maintaining a natural look. I’ve used it with liquid foundation, powder foundation, and only a light dusting of powder to eliminate midday oiliness and it worked perfectly any way I chose to wear it! It’s definitely a HG liquid concealer in my opinion.

on 12/28/2017 3:29:00 PM

I have combination/dry skin. Initially, I set this with powder thinking it might be too oily, I was wrong and ended up with a caked up mess. I like to use this on its own, it doesnt crease very much and it really really brightens up my under eye area, which I really need because of the gray/red undertones I currently have. I got this as a gift, but the price is really good for the value. I dont like the pump, you have to be very careful, otherwise you will end up with too much product spilled out. I apply this with a beauty blender and it applies beautifully. I will repurchase this concealer.

Just bought this after reading these reviews. I had planned to go to Sephora and shell out $30 but ended up getting this for $8 at London Drugs. I am quite fair skinned and bought the Fair formula. It’s a pretty good match, possibly a little dark since I use it under my eyes and I usually prefer it lighter than my skin tone. But I digress... the concealer is quite amazing. Very good coverage and as others said, very similar to MAC pro longwear. So minus 1 star for two reasons. One, the colour selection sucks. Two, the squirt bottle SUCKS. I’m finding it very difficult to even get the pump to work and when I do, I get a full pump out which is waaaay too much product for me for just under my eyes. So quite wasteful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am absolutely STUNNED by how good this concealer is! Where are the good reviews for this product?!?!?! Whoever wrote that this is a "gem" is RIGHT!! I bought it on a whim from Ulta (and got it for 50% off when I bought PF's mineral wear cushion foundation-- which I LOVE and reviewed separately!), and I NEVER expected it to be so good!! I'll preface this by saying that on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being worst, my dark circles are hovering around an 11!!!!! LOL I mean they are really, REALLY bad. That being said, I have tried EVERY high end concealer you can name, and my HG was La Mer's radiant concealer-- the one in the compact. But now they've RUINED that concealer as they put it in a stick form which is not NEARLY as good! So because of that, I was "on the hunt" for something else. Cle de Peau's is ok, but a bit drying. And while Tarte's "shape tape" gives good coverage, it's REALLY perfumey and accentuates fine lines I don't even HAVE yet!!! So imagine my surprise at this one. Here it's SUPER cheap (esp. for how much you get!), it comes with a mini beauty blender (which is a pain to clean, but applies this concealer REALLY well!), and the shade match of "light" is PERFECT for me!! But most importantly, it gives AMAZING coverage. To me this concealer is SO MUCH BETTER than Tarte's "shape tape" because it DOESN'T smell, the shade match is better, and the coverage is just as good WITHOUT looking so cakey!! Plus it's HALF (or less than half!) the price!!!

Of course there are 2 problems though. One, PF just does NOT make enough shades. This only comes in fair, light, and medium-- that's it! How could there be no dark?! Crazy!! Again, I was really lucky that "light" matched my light olive skin perfectly (I wear Light in PF's cushion foundation as well-- and can even make Natural, Beige, & Light/Medium work too!). But others will not be so lucky. And two, the pump bottle IS annoying because it's hard to control how much comes out (I pump it on to the beauty blender it comes with and then apply). The only good thing is that the cap screws off, so you CAN get it out that way-- especially when you're towards the end of the bottle and it won't pump anymore. So there is little waste because of that at least.

I'm definitely going to purchase Bobbi Brown's new concealer for dark circles (I got a sample size of it in "sand" that matches me really well) when I run out of my old La Mer one, because that one reminds me MORE of La Mer's than PF. However, for "every day" wear, this concealer is PERFECT. Along with PF's cushion mineral foundation. I seriously wear Physician's Formula makeup WAY more than my more expensive makeup now (Chantecaille future skin, La Mer concealer, etc). Because it does a good job for SO MUCH LESS!!!! I can honestly say that PF is the ONLY drugstore brand I've ever liked at all! But this is an OUTSTANDING concealer that more people should be talking about. Instead everyone is raving about "shape tape" which I have, but is HONESTLY not as good! So if you can find a shade match in this, you'd be CRAZY not to get it!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a great hidden gem! Surprised that not more people have reviewed this. I bought this on a whim at CVS a few months ago, used it the next day, then completely forgot about it. I have since rediscovered it, and am so glad I did!

The bottle and texture of the InstaReady reminds me a lot of one of my favorite concealers, MAC Pro Longwear. Similarly to the PLW, InstaReady is a high-coverage liquid that never feels greasy like other highly-pigmented concealers and foundations (I'm looking at you, Kevyn Aucoin SSE!). I like to apply it with a BeautyBlender sponge (doesn't even have to be damp...it still blends beautifully) or a foundation brush, and it covers my bright red acne scars really well.

I *might* even like the InstaReady more than the PLW because I was able to find an almost-perfect shade match! I wear MAC Pro Longwear NC20 even though it runs a teensy bit orange on me (so it's especially "off" in the wintertime). I once tried the NC15 but immediately returned it as it was too pale and chalky on me. In the InstaReady, I wear the Light shade, and it blends perfectly into my skin. The downside is that there are only 3 shades available.

The reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the pump. I love a good hygienic pump, but *both* the InstaReady and the PLW dispense way too much product with just one pump, and the pump mechanism feels a little wonky (ie. almost like the spring will break if you're not careful with it). I have to press it down slowly, almost halfway, to try to control the amount it's dispensing.

on 6/22/2017 6:15:00 PM

I was looking for a concealer with sunscreen and seen this one at the drugstore. I figured more concealers would have sunscreen since u need sunscreen under the eyes to prevent fine lines/wrinkles,an added boost to sunglasses. I found that it does cover under eye circles really well and its not to thick in consistency. It blends in great with the little sponge it comes with but for more coverage I think a concealer brush works best,and set with just the smallest amount of powder since a lot will make it cease like mad! The pump is nice it does dispense a lot of product but I think it's a good amount to do both under eyes or blemishes/ marks.The glass bottle reminds me of the Mac prolongwear concealer. This is a really good drugstore full coverage concealer, would recommend!