Deciem The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA

2.8

Aqua (Water), Alpha-Arbutin, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Propanediol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

On day 5th, my skin in total break out using this only. I thought it was because of the vitamin c, but tonight im using this only and wake up to see my face even worst! Definitely won’t repurchase this again !

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I think this is a decent product but you won't see miraculous results. At the same time, it doesn't have any of the side effects of perhaps more effective ingredients like hydroquinone. It has a good texture and is absorbed easily. Nice packaging although I wish The Ordinary had some variation in their bottles. I have so many products that it gets quite confusing.

on 5/29/2018 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great price but the claims for brightening are just not true. This did nothing for the acne spots on my dark tan skintone (nc42). I have used the whole bottle and nothing. It felt moisturizing, like a water based mask, its clear and quite slippery, but thats it. Packaging is in the form of a dropper which I like as its hygenic. If your skin is already clear and you want a boost this may work, but if you are looking for real results to clear spots, this is not it.

on 4/16/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a week in conjunction with the Ordinary's Azelaic Acid. I don't have a lot of skin issues, no acne or scars except a dusting of hyper pigmentation from sun exposure (I live in the tropics). Anyways so far after one week of use I can see the brown spots under my eye fading a bit. Got one for my mom (sun spots run in the family). Would repurchase.

on 3/30/2018 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I’ve used two bottles of this. It lightened and brightened my overall complexion, but on my darkest trouble spot, it has only had a minimal effect. Still it worked better than a prescription hydroquinone cream that my derm gave me — I used that for a year with no results whatsoever. I think it’s a good product, but don’t expect miracles. I used it in conjunction with the Vit C suspension, which I think also helped to lighten my skin. I had no irritation or breakouts. It absorbed well, and I used it as the first product on clean skin. I’m going to skip this for a month or so while I try some of The Ordinary’s stronger acids and peels.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I saw this product recommended to fade hyperpigmentation and decided to give it a try. I've used half a bottle and I have seen some results as far as lightening pigmentation, however, the hyaluronic acid in the mix is definitely more of a problem for me than a help. It's winter right now and the climate in which I live is very dry. Add that to my very dry skin and the HA ends up pulling what little moisture I have out of my skin. So I'm going to shelve this until the humidity returns in the summer.

Aside from the dryness caused by the HA, this didn't cause any problems for me. I don't have sensitive or acne prone skin, so ymmv.

I also think I may try a dedicated hyroqinone product, rather than alpha arbutin, which has to be metabolized into HQ in the skin.

I don't think this is a bad product, but I it's not blowing me away, and the hyaluronic acid in the winter is a problem for me.

My skin didn't like this product at all. It broke me out every time I tried to use it.

on 12/10/2017 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I looked up a lot of reviews before purchasing this serum and based off those, the product seems meh when it comes to its promise in fading away hyperpigmentation. However, I still wanted to try it anyway since I’ve tried so many things to fade away past acne marks (AHAs, BHAs, niacinamide, vitamin c etc) and none of them made a huge difference. THIS HAS.

I’ve been using this alongside The Ordinary’s rosehip oil for about 4 months now and both of those combined has helped my PIH fade away so much quicker. I could already see the difference in my acne marks with the rosehip oil alone, but they faded away faster with this serum. My acne marks used to take 3-4 months to fade away just 50% of the way. But now, 1-2 weeks is enough for me to see a 50% fading of my acne marks. By a month or two, the marks are completely gone! Bonus is this hasn’t broken me out either, so it isn’t undoing any of the work it’s done by giving me more acne and therefore more acne marks. My bottle is more than halfway done and I really don’t wanna have to repurchase soon, but when that time comes I’ll be doing just that.

I know this hasn’t worked out with everybody but if you’re desperate to fade away any unwanted marks and you’re curious about this product, I think it’s worth a try. The good thing about this serum is it’s cheap so if it doesn’t work, at least you didn’t spend too much on it.

on 12/5/2017 8:30:00 AM

I have to admit that I'm writing this because I'm annoyed that it is assumed that pigmentation that took years to develop will all disappear in the course of one bottle. It's not Instant Magic Fairy Dust (TM) - but for me what it is is effective when you commit for the long haul. I've now used this in conjunction with TO's Niacinamide and MAP daily for the last 8-9 months and my hyperpigmentation on my forehead and cheeks has considerably lightened and keeps improving. It's the first thing I use each morning and I will continue with it for the foreseeable future! My skin now looks way more even, and I'm way more confident even without makeup these days. Hurrah for no longer looking dappled!

on 12/1/2017 4:59:00 PM

This really works against stubborn pigmentation but obviously takes time to do it... most reviewers complain that after one bottle they saw little change? Well THAT is the way pigmentation works one needs several celular renewal cycles before the dark clusters start to fade. I am now on my 3rd bottle using it am and pm and results are impressive with no side effects or irritations. Sure will keep on buying.

Popular Face Skincare Products