MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Diva

MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Diva

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Steaoyl Stearate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

Diva is a very beautiful lipstick shade. It looks like a wine but as lipstick. :D It's too dark and vampy for my NW20 skin but I wear it when fits the occasion, for example for diner with friends or a night out. I love MAC lipsticks in general, especially the Satin, Matte and Retro Matte finishes. But in my opinion this should have a retro matte finish. It's "only" a matte finish, and that can lead to bleeding or uneven lines outer the lip with "Diva".

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is a very good shade but it is so intensely drying that my lips look like dried cranberries in texture. Balm barely helps and same with gloss. I really do think this is a dark colour that would suit anybody- the problem is the formula is unbearable. I have never been able to tolerate it longer than a couple of hours. Is MAC Matte formula becoming drier over time? I remember they didn’t use to make my lips so chapped. It also makes my skin around lips itch. The girl just below me is correct in her review- it even fades in an ugly uneven way!

My skin including lips is actually more moisturizrd and stronger than it was a few years ago because my skincare and supplements have improved it greatly. So the fault doesn’t lie with me having finicky skin/lips.

The Wet n Wild Megalasts do not do this so why MAc?

on 12/29/2018 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This lipstick comes in a beautiful berry shade, which is great for formal events or winter, but it dries out my lips pretty badly and looks patchy and uneven on them. My lips are generally quite dry and flakey, and this just makes it worse. After a couple of hours, it starts to fade unevenly :( I also find it difficult to apply on my lips without it getting messy even when I use a lip liner, but maybe that's just because I suck at life.

I wouldn't buy this again :(

on 11/11/2018 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros:
Beautiful, highly pigmented
The perfect burgundy red
Matte without being drying

Cons:
For a matte, it still has some shine to it

Overall: 5* - beautiful color, good staying power, wearable formulation

on 11/8/2018 7:11:00 PM

This is one of my favorite mac lipstick shades. It's a deep burgundy that is very classy and will make your teeth look whiter. It works very well on every warmed skintoned women, combine it with a golden set of eyeshadows (or maybe orange) and you'll have a great fall look. Formula is also nothing to complain: creamy for a matte and shows up in one swipe. I will keep purchasing forever, it's one of my signature shades.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A nice burgundy red, great for evening wear or for a bolder daytime look. Has blue undertones. Can be drying if worn all day, and some sort of liner is a must.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Absolutely gorgeous burgundy. Looks good on everyone. I found it to be a little bit more drying than your average matte lipstick.

My staple dark-red lipstick. Compliments my skintone very well and doesn't feel overly drying, although a little bit more moisture would sit fine with me.

This is a nice colour in the tube but goes on a little too vampy for me. I wish it was a Cremesheen and not a Matte because with such an intense colour, the drying really gets to me. It is the perfect fall colour though. I use it with Lip Pencil in Burgundy and Lipglass in Rebel. I wouldn't use it on it's own jut because it seems so drying on me but with these three products (and Prep + Prime lip under), the staying power is great through careful eating and drinking.

on 11/8/2017 5:42:00 PM

Favorite vampy dark red lippie. This is a hg for me. Nc20 nw20 fair asian skin. This plus darkout or burgandy lipliner by mac pro is the best combo. Its a bit drying but i would repurchase tho it has great staying power. Its my favorite lipstick along with velvet teddy and ruby woo.

edit jan 2019

This is becoming too uncomfy and drying. I love the color bht the formula is a no no. I am not a lipstick type of girl and i much prefer a more comfortable wear that dont need touching up. diva will fade very weird, mainly the center of my lips. I have been loving the Rouge Allure Ink(Melancholia 174) by Chanel.