Clio Kill Cover Pro Artist Liquid Concealer

4.4

Bought this as I need a concealer with high enough coverage for my dark circles and has good lasting powers in hot weather and on oily skin. This has high coverage where just one thin layer (dot and spread) is enough to cover most blemishes and almost all of my dark circles. It is moisturising enough to not emphasize texture and lines while still being long lasting. Shade range is limited (targeted for east asians). 2 is a pink-based shade and 3 is a yellow-based shade for fair skintones. This is on par with Nars creamy concealer if the shade suits you. (just a tiny bit more drying)

The packaging is simple and plastic used is of high quality (premium feel). Applicator gives right amount.

Price is on the high side for drugstore. However, for the good quality, this is my holy grail concealer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Korea, for when I get hyperpigmentation or blemishes that I needed to cover. I wanted something VERY covering, with a texture that could be a little sticky-stretchy, not oily/moisturizing, because I wanted a concealer that would actually stick to blemishes. I had no intention of using this concealer under the eyes, as I need something totally different for my eyes (lighter, moisturizing, peach-toned).

I bought nr 2 in this concealer (which has 4 colors, I think), which is a yellow-toned color, which I can use on blemishes when I'm between NC15-25, but the concealer itself is probably something like NC15 in color. It covers well - I'd say a little better than any other concealer I've tried. The most heavy coverage concealers I've tried are the MAC Pro Longwear (broke me out and very annoying bottle), Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer Foundation (not a concealer per ce, but has the coverage of one, but didn't stick well to blemishes due to its dry finish, and didn't last well) and MUFE Full Cover Concealer (could have more coverage IMO). I've also used Dermablend, tried out the Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer and a bunch of others, which I didn't find satisfactory in terms of coverage.

What I really like about the Clio concealer is that it sticks to blemishes, doesn't make them look dry and doesn't enhance the look of the uneven texture. As I said, it has a slightly stretchy-sticky texture. I don't mean to say that it's sticky - it DOES dry down, and powder doesn't cling to it, but the concealer can be blended well without breaking up. The texture is thin and light, but has a very high coverage at the same time. It is also longer lasting than the other concealers I have tried.

I have tried to use it under the eyes, but I had no expectations for it to work there, and it didn't: it creased into my fine lines and made my undereyes look dry. This was as expected, as my skin is too dry to use heavy duty concealer under the eyes. If you're one of those that can use MAC Pro Longwear, Tarte, MUFE or other heavy concealers, you'd probably like this though.

To sum up: this covers well, lasts well, is easy to work with and works with my skin tone most of the year. The price is good; especially considering the way I use it: only on blemishes. I would not recommend this for under the eyes, but I would definitely recommend it for under the nose, on blemishes, and most other places.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great coverage and staying power, especially for its relatively low price point! A concealer that seriously only needs one swipe/dot in an area to cover my discolouration with little to no budging throughout the day — without creasing, too! However (and I know it's almost useless to say this about Korean makeup products), it does have room for improvement where its shade range is concerned.

I like the thin texture and high coverage. It is very spreadable due to the thin texture. However the colors are too limited and Super light toned . I am a very fair skinned Asian, but in a golden medium tone . The lack of colors compromises the extent the product can cover my dark circles. Overall it's good and very high quality but the range of Color is too light . Edit: I found the texture to be thin but with high coverage. And because it’s so spreadable it’s quite hard to do make up on a hurry. I prefer Maybelline fit me texture though this is stil a very good product

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good coverage, nice texture, good price

Ginger is a bit yellow for my skin, but since I've very yellow, and things are usually too pink, I'll take it : )

It accentuates fine lines a bit but is not drying. I put a thick layer on my SEVERE dark circles and then pull a little product from there to cover blemishes, scars, etc. Then I slightly blend out undereye (without removing any on my darkest spots) and give it some time to dry. It seems a bit shiny at first but has a near skin-like reflective quality when it is dry. I was pleasantly surprised. Much faster to apply than CdP and just as reliable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I can only agree with yokki when she compared Clio Kill Cover with MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. Clio Kill Cover comes in a liquid form with an applicator or in a small pan as a creamy formula. I picked the liquid version, since my main use for this are my Dracula level dark circles and I tend to get dry around the eyes.

Let me tell you this: you get immediate full coverage with this one without the layering, it is long lasting and the creasing into the fine lines is very minimal (read: barely there), it's my new favourite concealer, I also use this around my nose to cover the redness and haven't tried it on spots yet, cause my skin is behaving lately but if this is able to cover up my super dark circles with one stroke, covering spots shouldn't be a problem. The shade #2 works great for me and I'm super fair (NC10 // Illamasqua 2.5 // Missha, Laneige 13). The only bad news about Clios Kill Cover is the limited colour range (a common issue with Korean brands), meaning there are no available shades for deep skin tones. I got mine from ebay for 13$ with free shipping.

Bottom line: highly recommended.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Clio's Kill Cover Concealer delivers what it promises. I also use Mac Prolong Wear concealer, and these two are definitely comparable. I might prefer Clio because it is easier to apply than Mac, and requires less product to achieve full coverage. For color reference, I use both MAC NC25 and NC30 in prolong wear concealer and the color 04- BO is a perfect match for me.

Pro's;
- full coverage with one swipe
- long lasting on my normal skin
- easy to apply
- good amount of product with 7,5 ml ( Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is 6 ml for reference)
- good color match
- cheaper than MAC, I bought it for 12 dollars with free shipping from ebay
Cons:
- can be drying on dry skin, you need to good eye cream underneath. (Although I did not have such a problem with it)
- only 5 shades available
- you need to buy it from ebay or other online Korean cosmetics sellers

For MAC Prolong Wear lovers, you gotta try it. :)