Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil

3.0

Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Seed Oil, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Linum Usitatissimum (Flax) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Ethyl Linoleate, Hexylresorcinol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Salicylic Acid, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Flower Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Citrus Paradisii (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Flower Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Amino Esters-1, Amber Leaf Extract, Solanum Melongena (Eggplant) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Leaf Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Pearl Powder, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil.

on 8/10/2018 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Made me break out like crazy...had to return it

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My skin isn’t sensitive. That being said, I only got to use this for two nights. My skin ended up having a reaction, and I have so many small little bumps all over my face. They almost look like they’re “under my skin”, and they aren’t super noticeable, but they do make my skin appear much more textured in sunlight. It’s also itchy, especially along my jaw.

It sucks that I’ve had this reaction, I have never really had any issues with any face products in general. I had to stop using this and will be returning it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought the Sunday Riley Space Race kit to try out the Saturn mask, but was pretty curious about this oil as well. Most Sunday Riley products contain fragrant ingredients that are automatically a no-go for my skin, but the reviews of this made me think this could be one product that would work for me. Unfortunately, it didn't do much beyond make some small pimples itchy and swell a bit, or nothing at all. Considering how sensitive my skin is, the reaction could have been much worse, so I think there are enough soothing ingredients in here to make a difference for folks without such reactive skin. Didn't do anything in terms of sebaceous filaments on my nose or chin either way. I actually don't mind the smell, it smells like a nice herb garden to me, but I can see why some people have a strong dislike of it. The packaging was beautiful, but this just didn't seem to be doing much of anything for me.

This product was downright awful for my skin, i kid you not the morning after i tried this product my face had a lot of clogged pores. I decided to try it another night to see if this oil was the culprit and TA DA! it was, this time i tried it on some specific areas of my face and not all over it and again woke up with congested skin. Also it's very fragrant and I'm warning folks with sensitive skin to please reconsider.
Maybe it's marketed for more mature skin with acne problems? don't know
Also- the texture is awful, like an oily mess that doesn't absorb fully to the skin
JUST PASS

on 2/17/2018 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Even if this facial oil had worked magic on my skin, I wouldn’t be able to use it. Why, you ask? The stench. When speaking about beauty products I tend to use words like scent or fragrance. Even the word ‘smell’ isn’t strong enough to describe this oil’s aggressive stink factor. The mere fact that I’m immediately addressing said stench before speaking about the oil itself is pretty telling. Skunk. You get the idea.

I’ve used this oil as a spot treatment on my T-zone as well as on my entire face and neck. In addition to smelling disgusting all night, my skin felt incredibly greasy and wasn’t improved in the least. Perhaps people with very oily and acne prone skin will benefit from this oil, making the stink factor tolerable. I get occasional cystic acne on my chin for which this oil felt like complete overkill...and roadkill.

on 1/14/2018 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not worth the high price tag for me. When I use it at all, I could say that my skin and blemishes do look more calm, but I can get the same effect with cheaper items. My smell is also very..interesting.

This is my first time using my face oil and this is my first time writing on MakeupAlley too bcs of this product. Sunday Riley UFO made my face break out like craaazyy. actually i ever tried this like around 2-3 months ago and i did break out too. but i still wanted to believe that this oil should've done something amazing to my face, since many oily-acneprone skin people like me crave about it. so i tried again 2 days ago and now there are 5 cystic acnes on my forehead.... i think it just depends on your skin. for some people this clears up active break out and helps the hyper-pigmentation. however, for me, this just worsen my oily acne-prone skin. it gave me immediate breakout and did not treat the one that i wanted to heal. i'm still disappointed with this product bcs the value of the money thooo :((( it broke my heart even more hahah.

on 12/14/2017 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product was my first foray into face oils, and after using it for six months (give or take a week or two), I'm pleased with it, and I plan on continuing to use oils as part of my routine. That being said, despite liking this product, I don't think it will keep me from trying others. It isn't HG status.

I use this oil only in the morning, on still-damp skin (this really helps it absorb, and I only need 2-3 drops for my whole face and maybe one additional drop for my neck. I'm only just now getting to the end of the first bottle .5 oz I bought, so I'm not sure if I'm being extra skimpy or what!) I follow it up with SPF and go about my day. I don't find that the scent lingers in any particular way, but I don't mind the smell, and kind of like the very herbal/plant scent. I have dry skin that gets pretty frustrating during the winter (not helped by the climate here), and this keeps my skin feeling comfortable all day. I also appreciate that this has good acne fighting ingredients, and it doesn't hurt that the packaging is beautiful and hygienic.

However, for all the acne fighting ingredients, I have been getting the occasional hormonal/little cystic pimple on my chin, and haven't noticed any particular decrease in those since I began using this product. They haven't increased either, and the little white bumps that sometimes pop up on my forehead have essentially disappeared. I also, despite it making the oil more interesting and pretty, am not really sure how I feel about how green it is. I know there has been some debate about the source of the dye, and whether it is organic or not.

All in all, I think this has been a great introduction into face oils for me, and as a type, they are a product I plan on keeping in my rotation. However, I think once I use up my bottle I will look into an alternative, and see if I have any more luck with my few pesky chin pimples. If not, I am certainly more than willing to pick this back up again.

on 9/26/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well, after years of resistance, I finally drank the Sunday Riley Kool Aid. My general protocol has always been to rely on derm prescriptions for my (many) breakout issues, as I've usually found that most expensive skincare doesn't compare to a simple, cheaper Rx. However, after spironolactone cleared up my cystic issues, I found myself with a weird, persistent set of breakouts along my jawline. They weren't cystic, but they were big and constant and nothing - not spiro, topical Epiduo, or OTC retinols -
was making it budge. I changed my diet, I stopped wearing turtlenecks, I changed my hair products - nothing.

In a moment of desperation (nothing is scarier to someone who has eliminated serious adult acne than the prospect of it coming back), I bought the $40 half size of U.F.O. after seeing a few trusted YouTubers raving about it. I have been deeply resistant to Sunday Riley due to their crazy high prices, but I was willing to fork over the $$ if it actually did something.

Long story short, it worked. Very well. I don't know why this particular formula is what helped my breakouts, but here we are. I was VERY consistent with using this. I eliminated most other products in my skincare routine, and after washing my face with La Roche Posay Effeclar, put on a few drops in place of my typical moisturizer, straight onto my bare skin. You don't need a lot to cover your face, and I mostly just pressed it in with clean hands, avoiding my eye area. It does not smell great - a mix of herbs and tar is the best I can describe it - but I am more than willing to deal with that because it is effective. New spots stopped appearing after a week, and after two weeks of dealing with this bringing the existing stuff to a head, my skin is smoother than it has been for a year. I cannot tell you how nice it feels to not have a jawline that feels like it is covered in gravel. I don't have especially dry skin, so it was more than enough in terms of hydration for me. The oil made my skin feel firm, bright and glowy.

Product is beautifully packaged, which is nice for an acne product. Dropper is effective. The bottle is slightly deceptive in terms of how much product you get - it is fully encased in green glass that matches the color of the oil, and you might not notice that the actual space holding the product inside is much smaller than the bottle itself.

There is not a lot in the small bottle for $40. I am halfway through, a little over three weeks in, and I only use a dropper a day. This will not be a daily use product for me, moving forward, because it is not in my budget, but I will definitely bring it out when I am having skin problems. I don't think that this would be the most helpful against deep cysts, as those tend to be internal and hormonal. Highly recommend for persistent surface acne, a really great, impressive product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A few weeks ago a new foundation destroyed my skin within two days. Both of my cheeks and forehead broke out. Nothing was bringing down the inflammation until I tried this magical green elixir. I apply it at night without a moisturizer on top and find it adequately hydrating. I will continue to repurchase over and over again.