Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.4

on 11/26/2016 2:45:00 AM

This smells like your great-grandmas kitchen: all-purpose cleaner wafting above a vase of grocery store carnations. It's intrusive and sharp. It's like a squeeze of those plastic lemons on top of a scented candle. It's a wonderful dryer sheet. Generic. If this is "Happy", I'd rather smell angry.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think I was literally one of the first people to ever try Happy when it first came out all those years ago. I bought several bottles in my early to mid twenties, and then kind of grew tired of the scent...Fast forward many years later: last Summer, a lady walked past me and I was 99.9999999% sure she was wearing Clinique Happy (it is just a scent you remember and instantly recognize, at least for me) , and I decided to try it again. Obviously, the scent is all the same as I remember it...Very citrus-smelling, a great daytime and Spring or Summer scent, or possibly even a casual Summer evening. A light-hearted, 'happy' scent. Great to lift a mood. Obviously not a scent I reach for when the mood will be 'more serious,' I like a deeper scent for those 'more serious' moments and days. This also is I think best for younger gals, which I suppose is why I wore it in my early to mid twenties before tiring of it at the time. Although I think this is just a light scent that could be nice for any age, just a 'happy' scent! :) Dry down for me is the same as when first applied and I get a good 12 or more hours of wear out of this. Definitely lasts all day. But due to the strong citrus scent and some of the notes, this may not be great for the workplace or tight or close quartered areas, as I think some of the notes may trigger allergic responses. But for a day of shopping, coffee with girlfriends, attending an outdoor wedding, or a festival, etc; I think this is great for those types of places. It really does make me 'happy' when I wear this! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG fragrance. I'm actually wearing it now, freshly spritzed. Smells SO GOOD. It's got a clean, crisp, fresh scent. Feminine but not too musky or too floral. Perfect for me. My husband is very sensitive to perfumes and he's bought me this one several times. The first gift he ever gave me was a large size Clinique Happy with a peach bow around it. I love the way I smell, and I get compliments all the time when I've got on my Happy. This is definitely my signature scent.

Oh yeah!!! This is a lovely perfume. See im not a huge perfume fan but this right here makes me happy!!!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Whether you like this scent or not it can be described in two words... PLAYED OUT. The lady at the front desk has a deluxe sample size and as soon as I took a whiff of it I realized, "So THAT'S what I've been smelling on everyone and their grandma since the 90s.

Top notes - Fresh apple, plums and bergamot mixed with the fresh-air accord
Middle notes - freesia, lily, rose and morning orchid
Base notes - Musk and amber

^^^ For anyone who is wondering the notes but in all honesty most of us have probably smelled this on at least one person at least once in our lives.

I like this lil scent it really does feel happy and feminine.

on 8/4/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to love this, I love citric fruits like lemon and passion fruit, which is my favorite fruit, I come from the tropic and the orange color of the bottle makes me happy because it reminds me of the sun. But I ended up disliking it, the smell is too strong and it smells fake to me, not like a natural citric smell as I was expecting. A friend of mine hated it and couldn't stand it, since then I'm afraid to use it. I don't like it on myself, maybe it's just bad chemistry with my skin. I want to use it up, so I'll try using just a little each time.

on 3/8/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I give it a try but i don't like it.

on 2/7/2015 10:23:00 AM

I really liked this when I tried it in the store, but after I bought it I hated it. It is really strong, and just one light spray seems to be too much. You know how when a scent is "right" you barely notice it on yourself? Well- I notice this one almost constantly, and not in a good way.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Clinique Happy is a citrusy, easy, breezy, fragrance. I wear this fragrance on occasion, but have never purchased a bottle because I usually receive this in a GWP.

The first spritz, is a blast of citrus. Drydown is a citrus (smell orange and apple) with a light touch of musk, and a hint of florals in the background.

Last year noticed a baby doll head smell during middle notes and drydown, but it's a mild baby doll scent. I don't always smell it, but am chalking it up to hormonal changes .I am at that age. However, still enjoy wearing Happy because it's a light, fresh, "happy" fragrance. It is a sunshiny day in a bottle.

Popular Fragrances