3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 days ago

Although the citrus top notes are clear, heavy floral notes weigh down Happy too much to suit its name. Compared to other fragrances that stand out as bright and uplifting, Happy has some heft to it. It's a distinct and well-blended fragrance with decent longevity and sillage, but to me, the scent is reminiscent of potpourri. Pleasant enough, but not what I want to smell like.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

a year ago

I tried this again after many years and find it to be very simplistic. I mostly get little girl's lily of the valley, and not much else. Simple, sort of boring for me now, but inoffensive and easy to wear, certainly. and it IS happy, as advertised!

About reviewer (1714 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

a year ago

I'm in love with this perfume. Its a clean refreshing scent that lasts for hours may be a day. Every time I wear it, I love it more and more. Thanks Clinique

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

What a refreshing treat! I don't know if Happy changed, or I did. I used to HATE this fragrance, and even gave it a 1-lippie review on MUA a few years back as I found it to be sour, high-pitched, and annoying. But I got yet another of those 0.14 oz sample sprays in my recent Clinique bonus and gave it another go. I LOVE HAPPY NOW! Yes, it is very sharp and soapy when you first apply. But it dries down quickly to a delightfully fresh citrus-floral. I detect primarily tangerine/satsuma + fresh-cut jasmine & gardenia. There is not a hint of heaviness or sweetness to this. It came out 3 years after Estee Lauder Pleasures and reflects the same hyperclean spirit. Just makes you feel uplifted and smelling like you showered with a wonderful boutique soap. My little sample bottle has come in very handy when I've had to work a double shift at the hospital without time for a shower. Maybe the difference is that Happy is officially 20 years old now and qualifies as a true classic, not just a '90s trend that played out. As for it not being "sexy," well, I love those sexy thick Oriental and woodsy fragrances but my spouse does not. He thinks I'm sexiest when I smell clean and fresh! So sexy is in the nose of the beholder I guess.

About reviewer (225 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

1.0

3 years ago

This smells like your great-grandmas kitchen: all-purpose cleaner wafting above a vase of grocery store carnations. It's intrusive and sharp. It's like a squeeze of those plastic lemons on top of a scented candle. It's a wonderful dryer sheet. Generic. If this is "Happy", I'd rather smell angry.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Ok first off, I do not own ~ nor have I ever owned this scent. BUT a lady I work with wears this scent EVERYDAY. It is so lovely on her, and suits her up beat personality perfectly. I will not be working with anymore, and I am really considering making this my signature scent. I am just not certain, my style/ personality is quite as well suited as her was. To me, Happy is perfect for the bubbliest of the beautiful ladies!!! Uhmm yet I may have to try and fake it!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Other

HairBlack

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I think I was literally one of the first people to ever try Happy when it first came out all those years ago. I bought several bottles in my early to mid twenties, and then kind of grew tired of the scent...Fast forward many years later: last Summer, a lady walked past me and I was 99.9999999% sure she was wearing Clinique Happy (it is just a scent you remember and instantly recognize, at least for me) , and I decided to try it again. Obviously, the scent is all the same as I remember it...Very citrus-smelling, a great daytime and Spring or Summer scent, or possibly even a casual Summer evening. A light-hearted, 'happy' scent. Great to lift a mood. Obviously not a scent I reach for when the mood will be 'more serious,' I like a deeper scent for those 'more serious' moments and days. This also is I think best for younger gals, which I suppose is why I wore it in my early to mid twenties before tiring of it at the time. Although I think this is just a light scent that could be nice for any age, just a 'happy' scent! :) Dry down for me is the same as when first applied and I get a good 12 or more hours of wear out of this. Definitely lasts all day. But due to the strong citrus scent and some of the notes, this may not be great for the workplace or tight or close quartered areas, as I think some of the notes may trigger allergic responses. But for a day of shopping, coffee with girlfriends, attending an outdoor wedding, or a festival, etc; I think this is great for those types of places. It really does make me 'happy' when I wear this! :)

About reviewer (686 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

4 years ago

Happy by Clinique ... I had a massive crush on Happy a few years back . It's like 7 Up soda ...all fizzy and hyeractive . Sometimes it would turn into a harsh , fake chemical smell . In the end, my Mum's dog enjoyed it the most.... 'post bath .'

About reviewer (463 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

4 years ago

Just a so so, somewhat boring product. For some reason I can't wear this anymore. If it weren't so popular, I might wear it occasionally, but it's one I would tire of within a week. But for what it's worth, it smells pretty nice on my skin.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Decent product to wear on for the weekends or nights out with the girls. The first spray was a little heady and headache inducing, but the dry-down is a nice citrus scent that is invigorating. I'll finish the bottle but won't rebuy

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown