Urban Decay Vice Lipstick

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick
Vice LipstickVice LipstickVice LipstickVice LipstickVice Lipstick

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/18/2018 11:22:00 PM

Well, this lipstick's packaging is less stellar than their old lipsticks (Revolution) which were quite hefty and weighted. The Vice Lipsticks are in a more traditional bullet style, and literal bullet casing (in my opinion) lipstick that I have gotten used to.

There's no discernible taste or scent. Many different finishes which may or may not work for you. It seems they released an entire collection large enough to rival Mac's lipstick collection. I have not tried the Mega Matte, so I cannot comment on this one, but the sheer shimmer, shimmer, and cream formulas are moisturizing and last decently well, and do not make my lips peel. There seems to be a lot of similar colours in different finishes, so it does get a bit confusing at times.

Some of my favourites are:
Comfort Mattes [ not really matte, sort of like a satin finish ] - Hitch Hike, Uptight, Safe Word
Cream - Ravenswood, Fuel, Fuel 2.0

Some of their names are a bit raunchy or derogatory but then again, it is Urban Decay.

on 10/31/2018 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 7.5/10

I love the Cream finish of these lipsticks, but I'm not a fan of the Metallized or the Sheer. I haven't tried the mattes or shimmers. I found the Metallized to be drying, and the Sheer to be too waxy. The Cream finish is lovely, though. It's similar to Maybelline's formula, but Urban Decay has a much larger shade range. I have the shades EZ, Mrs Mia Wallace, Firebird and Manic. Would purchase more.

on 9/8/2018 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've purchased two shades from this line so far, in crème formulas. Both glide on easily with your typical crème shine that wears down within about an hour to a matte look. Long lasting enough, leaves a slight color stain if you don't have a chance to reapply. Not drying to the lips, but stays put, no feathering. To the colors...

1) Ravenswood. Are you looking for a mid-toned MLBB shade? Neither too dark nor light, the beauty of this particular shade is hard to pin down, I can only compare to other crème lipsticks with a similar depth of color. It's not nearly as mauve as Revlon's Mauvy Night, not as reddish as Maybelline's Rum Raisin, not as brown as Revlon's smoky rose. It's described as a warm plum. Whatever - the shade is frickin' perfection, really pretty and wearable day or night. Great color payoff in one swipe.

2) Tryst. A hot coral upon application, it dries down pretty quickly to one of those super bright happy summer pinkish reddish orangey shades. LOVE. I had a similar color in a Lancôme lipstick which I immediately tossed, this formula is so much better. Not an everyday shade, but super vibrant and fun.

on 8/24/2018 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've bought several Cream lipsticks, but unfortunately the quality differs between individual colors a lot.

"F-Bomb" is great, sharp red shade for "I'm the bitch manager"-days. The color is perfect for my NC15 skin. It's a warm red but without a hint of orange. It's also the shade which made me sour towards buying new UD colors, because F-Bomb bleeds. It bleeds a lot. Even if I didn't eat or drink while wearing it and used a good lipliner, the lipstick transferred over the lines and colored my chin below lower lip. Not the look I was going for! I can't return makeup in my country, so I had to trash it on the second day. I'd give it two lippies, just for color. Won't repurchase.

"Ez" is orange.based cousin of "F-Bomb". It doesn't bleed, but vanishes as soon as I eat anything. It doesn't leave a stain behind, which is a pity because my lips look stupid lined with bright red when there is no lipstick left. Three lippies, won't repurchase.

"Crisis" is rusty, dark, brown red. The color doesn't budge, it doesn't bleed, and it stays stuck from dusk to dawn no matter what I eat.The only reason why I have so many Vice lipsticks in Cream is because I thought they all would be as good as Crisis! It's my reliable workhorse lipstick and the one I choose when I don't want to touch up my makeup during the day. Five lippies. I will probably repurchase this.

"Naked" is pale, nude, peachy shade. It's reliable like 'Crisis', and the color is ok, but it lacks something I can't quite point at. The shade is boring and plain, but it works for nude lip. Four lippies, wouldn't repurchase because I think I can find more flattering shade for same purpose.

on 8/15/2018 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought UD Vice lipstick in Wrong Number and Liar. Although the texture is very creamy and comfortable, unfortunately neither of them are very flattering on my lips because both of them settle into fine lines. As a result, my lips look dry and old.

on 7/20/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel like the formula for the Vice lipsticks varies greatly not only from texture to texture, but also from shade to shade. That being said, I do feel that these are consistently good across the board.

I most recently picked up "Faith", which is what I'll be focusing on today. This is a gorgeous metallic bronze with a slightly coppery look to it, and it's perfect for a summery, glowy glam look. I absolutely adore this shade, as it doesn't wash me out like a lot of bronze lip colors can. It's not too light, but it's also not dark enough to make it look stark against my light olive complexion. It also doesn't create any kind of yellow cast on my teeth, which I appreciate. In fact, my teeth look a little whiter when I wear this!

The formula is in the "Metallized" range, which is my favorite of the Vice lipsticks. It's creamy, yet stiff enough to last for a good long while on the lips without sliding around or migrating outside my lip line. I get five hours easy out of this shade if I'm not eating. It withstands drinking coffee and water and the occasional snack. I can't really expect any lip color to last through lunch or dinner, so no points off for that. It's also lightly hydrating, which is wonderful coming from a metallic shade, as I usually find lipsticks of this ilk to be rather drying.

The price at $18 is high if you're used to drugstore prices, but it's lower than most other high-end lipsticks while performing just as beautifully. The packaging is attractive, simple, and very sturdy.

I'm likely going to explore the sheer and sheer shimmer shades next, but I'll definitely continue to purchase from the Metallized range.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like cream lipsticks.4-5 years ago I bought a cream lipstick of Lancome and and it had gone immediately.After that I bought lipsticks from Golden Rose,which were matte but dry.So I was searching for a matte and hydrating.I bought today a cream lipstick from Urban Decay and I can't believe it.It is cream and matte.Amazing.I am very satisfied.The price is good.So totally recommend it.

on 4/7/2018 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The metallized versions are bomb with a great feel and relatively good staying power. The bullet is a little hard to open at first, hoping that with greater use, it gets easier. I would definitely repurchase.

on 3/13/2018 8:24:00 AM

I like these lipsticks a lot. The shade range is great and there are six (I think?) different finishes to choose from. These are so easy to apply, last quite well and aren't drying. Definitely worth a try!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have about fifteen of these lipsticks now in a variety of finishes, and while I think I have reviewed some individual shades, I definitely think I can speak to the entire range now based on what I have tried. The Cream finish is somewhat shiny, though not glossy, but in spite of that it wears pretty well because the formula itself is thick. The Metallized finish feels a little dry as it applies, but it looks really even and not patchy on the lips and wears very well. MegaMatte is pretty dry, though not uncomfortably so, and it wears like freaking iron. Comfort Matte is less dry than MegaMatte and basically has a satin matte finish that looks and feels great on the lips. The Sheer formula is the shiniest out of all of the ones I have tried, and it is the least long lasting, but the colors are soft and very work appropriate or great for people just getting into makeup/lipstick who want just a wash of color. If/when UD decides to expand into more finishes I'd love to see a combination of Sheer and Comfort Matte, like a "blotted lip" kind of finish where the lipstick is not super opaque nor super shiny. There are so many great colors in the range, and with the different finishes it is easy to find your perfect lipstick. The packaging is nice, though not especially fantastic or luxe feeling, but for the price it is great. My favorite shades are Backtalk, Menace, Hitch Hike, Backseat, 714, Bad Blood, and Liar (not Sheer Liar, the regular Cream finish Liar.) All of the Vice lipsticks I have are great though, so I recommend them highly.