Urban Decay Vice Lipstick

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick
Vice LipstickVice LipstickVice LipstickVice Lipstick

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/15/2018 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought UD Vice lipstick in Wrong Number and Liar. Although the texture is very creamy and comfortable, unfortunately neither of them are very flattering on my lips because both of them settle into fine lines. As a result, my lips look dry and old.

on 7/20/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel like the formula for the Vice lipsticks varies greatly not only from texture to texture, but also from shade to shade. That being said, I do feel that these are consistently good across the board.

I most recently picked up "Faith", which is what I'll be focusing on today. This is a gorgeous metallic bronze with a slightly coppery look to it, and it's perfect for a summery, glowy glam look. I absolutely adore this shade, as it doesn't wash me out like a lot of bronze lip colors can. It's not too light, but it's also not dark enough to make it look stark against my light olive complexion. It also doesn't create any kind of yellow cast on my teeth, which I appreciate. In fact, my teeth look a little whiter when I wear this!

The formula is in the "Metallized" range, which is my favorite of the Vice lipsticks. It's creamy, yet stiff enough to last for a good long while on the lips without sliding around or migrating outside my lip line. I get five hours easy out of this shade if I'm not eating. It withstands drinking coffee and water and the occasional snack. I can't really expect any lip color to last through lunch or dinner, so no points off for that. It's also lightly hydrating, which is wonderful coming from a metallic shade, as I usually find lipsticks of this ilk to be rather drying.

The price at $18 is high if you're used to drugstore prices, but it's lower than most other high-end lipsticks while performing just as beautifully. The packaging is attractive, simple, and very sturdy.

I'm likely going to explore the sheer and sheer shimmer shades next, but I'll definitely continue to purchase from the Metallized range.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like cream lipsticks.4-5 years ago I bought a cream lipstick of Lancome and and it had gone immediately.After that I bought lipsticks from Golden Rose,which were matte but dry.So I was searching for a matte and hydrating.I bought today a cream lipstick from Urban Decay and I can't believe it.It is cream and matte.Amazing.I am very satisfied.The price is good.So totally recommend it.

on 4/7/2018 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The metallized versions are bomb with a great feel and relatively good staying power. The bullet is a little hard to open at first, hoping that with greater use, it gets easier. I would definitely repurchase.

on 3/13/2018 8:24:00 AM

I like these lipsticks a lot. The shade range is great and there are six (I think?) different finishes to choose from. These are so easy to apply, last quite well and aren't drying. Definitely worth a try!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have about fifteen of these lipsticks now in a variety of finishes, and while I think I have reviewed some individual shades, I definitely think I can speak to the entire range now based on what I have tried. The Cream finish is somewhat shiny, though not glossy, but in spite of that it wears pretty well because the formula itself is thick. The Metallized finish feels a little dry as it applies, but it looks really even and not patchy on the lips and wears very well. MegaMatte is pretty dry, though not uncomfortably so, and it wears like freaking iron. Comfort Matte is less dry than MegaMatte and basically has a satin matte finish that looks and feels great on the lips. The Sheer formula is the shiniest out of all of the ones I have tried, and it is the least long lasting, but the colors are soft and very work appropriate or great for people just getting into makeup/lipstick who want just a wash of color. If/when UD decides to expand into more finishes I'd love to see a combination of Sheer and Comfort Matte, like a "blotted lip" kind of finish where the lipstick is not super opaque nor super shiny. There are so many great colors in the range, and with the different finishes it is easy to find your perfect lipstick. The packaging is nice, though not especially fantastic or luxe feeling, but for the price it is great. My favorite shades are Backtalk, Menace, Hitch Hike, Backseat, 714, Bad Blood, and Liar (not Sheer Liar, the regular Cream finish Liar.) All of the Vice lipsticks I have are great though, so I recommend them highly.

on 1/5/2018 3:48:00 PM

I have 3 of these lipsticks in 3 different finishes: Crisis (cream), Rejected ( metallized), and Brat (sheer). I love them all. Crisis is a smooth and creamy berry shade that lasts about 4-5 hours. It feels very soft on the lips and I have not had issues with it bleeding or settling into lines. Rejected is a shimmery medium pink and lasts about 2-3 hours. This one is very slightly grittier than a cream, probably because of the fine shimmer in it. It catches light beautifully! Brat is a smooth baby pink shade that almost looks like more of a gloss than a lipstick. It also lasts about 2-3 hours. This one is soft on the lips and is a super cute pale pink! Ulta and Sephora have been running some shades on sale on their websites lately for $9 so keep an eye out!

My HG lipstick brand, I have many shades and they're all just awesome. Pigment is great, they apply well and wear a long time for cream lips. Even weird colors like purples just apply like a dream! And they definitely have a shade for everyone.

ETA: i also have backtalk & Outspoken. I have Mad, LoveDrunk, Violate, DoubleCrossed & 1993 in mini form the other UD lipsticks I have are the older ones Revolution or w/e it's been awhile since I bought an UD lipstick I have 4 mini liquid Vice lipsticks too. Got them as a set both kinds. I'm loving the red color Crimson in the liquid vice fwiw it replaced my jeffree Star HoHoHo as a great red with LoveDrunk over the top of it. I think I'll buy more of these lipsticks even thou I'm more into MAC. These are nice but not $20 ea. nice they need to drop these down to $16 I do love UD thou. I've really got to quit buying lipsticks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have the shade in 'Cruel'. It is a beautiful, metalized red shade. I am cool-toned, and the lipstick compliments my pale pale skin. It's creamy, glides on easily but does come off if you eat something super greasy. I love it completely.