COVERGIRL Clean Matte BB Cream

COVERGIRL Clean Matte BB Cream

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PVP, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate/Vinylidene Chloride Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Sodium Benzoate, Synthetic Wax, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 3/24/2018 1:34:00 PM

This product gives excellent coverage and long wear matte finish. One of the best BB creams out there for oily skinned folks. Covers imperfections very well and blurs pores. Packaging is simple and practical. Love it!!! Alot better than the high end BB creams.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

With all the hype surrounding bb cream, I finally purchased one. Cover girl clean matte bb cream for oily skin deep is good but not great. It only comes in four shades and deep is the darkest. That's strike 1. Next,it doesn't contain sunscreen protection so that's strike 2! Plus, it is not long lasting so yup you guessed it that's strike 3. The bright side it is it does act as a primer and was under $10. I don't recommend this product as a light foundation for the three reasons above. As a woman of color, it's often hard to find products that work for my skin. It'd be nice if the cosmetic industry put more effort into providing products for us because woc are consumers. Anyways, I do however highly recommend this bb cream as a primer. After applying it under my pressed powder, there was no shine and looked good. I hope this review helps someone✌

on 2/28/2018 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Can't find this locally anymore-hope it's not discontinued. I'm still oily after all these years, and this stuff rocks! My skin looks flawless and it can still breath. My HG is actually ELDW but it is not doing any favors on my aging skin. This is a good alternative.

on 2/9/2018 2:25:00 PM

Have repurchased. Very happy with the shade match (am pale with neutral to pink undertones and lots of redness, 510 is perfect)
Lasts well, doesn't pool in my pores or get patchy on my oily skin.
I set with a magnifying powder, and am happy with its wear. My skin is oily.

Will definitely continue repurchasing. Easy application using my fingers and good coverage. Evens out my blotchy skin tone really well.

on 2/6/2018 1:11:00 PM

this is my go to every day makeup. I have combination oily skin with dry patches due to acne treatment and cold weather. this doesn't leave me greasy like a lot of bb creams and doesn't accent my flakiness around my nose either like some mattifying products do. for the price, it's a good buy. my only complaint is the lack of color options... can't seem to get one exactly my skin color.

on 2/6/2018 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I libe this

on 2/6/2018 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: ended up donating this after getting 2 cysts the next day. Not for me.

I had to delete and repost a review for this product now that I've retried it 5 months later. I first tried this in October 2017 and found it as an okay product. In the meantime, I've been wearing Rimmel's Match Perfection and Lasting Finish 25 hour foundations mixed as my go-to this winter. But the other day, I decided to weed out my extra products that have been sitting around - and this was one I decided to retry. GLAD I DID.

I first tried mixing Light and Fair but found that this product does oxidize. Enough so that I am now just using shade Fair and I'm an NC20-NC25 with my melasma. I normally don't have to buy the lightest shade of something. Either way - I apply this with a damp sponge over a primed face and I found that my skin looked so much fresher with this product vs. my Rimmel foundations that I have been using for the past year. I think that it has something to do with this being a BB cream, even though I don't consider it a BB cream (no SPF, no skin benefits etc..) but it seems to lay on my skin better than a foundation. My Rimmel foundations are great, but I think they were aging me and settling into lines perhaps? I noticed the difference in my appearance right away using this BB cream. My skin seemed smoother.

I'm using this right now and am going to test and make sure that it doesn't break me out. It does run a tad cool-toned, I am very warm/yellow undertoned, but I find that with setting it with powder/bronzer/blush etc.. you don't notice the undertone too much. It does give a matte finish, but I do find that it's exactly like most of my other foundations and I still need to blot around the 3-4 hour mark. But I love how it settles on my mid-aged (35 year old) skin. If no breakouts, I would repurchase.

on 1/10/2018 8:39:00 AM

I really love this bb cream, its matte and light weight BUT the lightest shade 510 is way too dark for me and I'm not even caucasian. Or maybe covergirl only caters american skin tones (white, hispanic and black) I have a very pale Korean skin. I'm hoping they'll release lighter shade range.

on 11/27/2017 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is very similar to the Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. I can only find Ready Set Gorgeous at Walmart so I'm not sure if it is being replaced by this product. Nonetheless, I have been back to checking out drugstore brands. They have been stepping up their game and I love to save $ especially if the product performs like a high end. I have this in Light/Medium. It's not 100% perfect with color matching but for price....not going to complain too much. I may try Light next. I'm NC25ish for reference. Decent for oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NOT DISCONTINUED! I got this recently from Kroger. Warning: this runs *very* dark. I hate to see what how really fair skin folks feel about this BB. I ordered 530 Light-Medium of Ebay it was hideous orange && v. dark. (Returned) I wear 510 Fair it’s a good match blends away to nothing like perf skin altou runs pink-y I’m yellow for my winter NC20 skin & I ordered 520 Light to mix with it to make my perf shade I can use the 520 Light when I get a bit of sun too. I’m glad it doesn’t have SPF bcoz that causes flashback on cam & my skin likes a bit of sun. This is moderate coverage. It looks like good skin! & not complaining but it doesn’t break me out. It stays matte pretty good nothing is perfect I’ve come across yet. This is HG for me! I’ve been using this for a short while but it’s my fave “foundation” hands down! Cheap, readily available & an Answer to my oily prayers! #winning mix this w some talcum powder in ur hand or fdtn palette it will last all day!!! #downtowntriplecrown #HGstatus