3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

18 days ago

My skin: 41, normal/combination, leaning normal/dry in the winter, combination in the summer. Prone to acne and dehydration. Usual morning routine: splash of water, Hada Labo Gokujyun Premium Lotion, Vit C serum mixed up from The Ordinary L-Ascorbic Acid powder + The Ordinary Resveratrol + Ferulic Acid + Vichy Mineral 89 serum, then sunscreen. So I've been using Skin79 Non-Chemical Sunblock for a couple of years now, and it really works for me, especially in the summer. It has a bit of a white cast, but I'm pale, so I can live with that. It's a very matte silicone-based formula, though, and sometime in the fall I felt like I had to start adding an extra layer of heavier moisturizer under it in the morning, or my face would feel kind of tight and dry. I prefer keeping the number of steps down in the morning, so I decided to get a more hydrating sunscreen for the winter, when I'm always much more dry. Enter this product. I switched to physical sunscreens a few years ago, when I got a hold on my acne. I felt that some chemical sunscreen agents clogged my pores and caused acne, they also sting my eyes, and I want to be able to wear sunscreen around my eye area as well - that's delicate skin that needs protection, too. I couldn't be bothered to figure out exactly which ingredients caused eye irritation and clogged pores, and the physical sunscreen I settled on worked on both counts, anyway, so I just stuck with it. Sunscreen is tricky to figure out, so many of them contain alcohol or feel heavy. I have good experiences with CosRX, I've liked everything I've tried from the brand and they have a lot of great products for acne treatment, so a moisturizing sunscreen from them felt worth a shot. This is a combination sunscreen, it has both chemical and physical filters (octinoxate, tinosorb s, ensulizole, amiloxate and titanium dioxide, quite low on the list) but it lacks avobenzone, the one I think may be the main culprit when it comes to stinging and clogged pores. That checks out, I find, because I haven't experienced any stinging in my eyes when wearing this, and it doesn't seem to clog my pores either. It's also very moisturzing, so I'm happy with it, it does pretty much what I wanted it to do. The texture feels nice, creamy and light, very moisturizing, not heavy. I wouldn't say that it's greasy, but it is so moisturizing that the more dewy and hydrating foundations I normally gravitate towards in the winter (MAC F&B, Pixi H20 tint) slide around a bit on top of it. It's fantastic under drier, more long-lasting formulas, though (primarily Estée Lauder DW Light, the new version). I might try powdering down the sunscreen before applying foundation. I don't experience any white cast at all with it, but I'm pale. It's a solid moisturizing sunscreen. I don't really need spf 50 in the dead of winter in Sweden, but I can get away with lighter application, and that's nice. I really like it, and I will repurchase.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2 months ago

This is a solid product. Nice scent, albeit a bit thick, no cast, applies evenly, sinks in. But there are more products in US drugstores near me that work just as well, that I don't have to order from abroad. Otherwise, it's perfectly fine.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

6 months ago

I impulsively ordered this recently when my face was chapped and flaking after trying some new products that were too drying for my sensitive combination skin. I needed something that was calming, and this stuff is great. It smells fresh and leaves a nice finish, not drying or shiny. Price was about $15 for 50ml, which is reasonable value for me. The best part is that I really think this helped with the dryness and I noticed the chapped areas resolved after only one use. Obviously I was using other products to help as well, but this sunscreen has been a pleasure to use and I very likely will repurchase.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

6 months ago

I have been using this sunscreen for a few weeks, which is long enough for me to write an informative review on it. I will start off by mentioning the scent: it smells like an aloe body-lotion. It's an enjoyable scent, and it isn't strong whatsoever. It's texture feels similar to a lotion too, which spreads easily. It's a chemical and physical sunscreen which doesn't sting around the eyes for myself. It doesn't have a white cast, and it leaves a slightly glossy-finish after waiting 20-30 minutes of applying it (if you have acne, you might not like the finish). It's also smoothing on my skin, and makes my skin appear doll-like. It doesn't seem to break me out, and it doesn't seem to react with my sensitive skin (it minimises redness, slightly). Some issues I had with this sunscreen is that it seems to clump slightly, especially when I apply this liberally. If I use this with a thinner layer, it doesn't appear to have this issue; I am not sure of how much of this sunscreen to apply, in all honesty. I put a a pea-size amount on both cheeks and my forehead (so three pea-sized amounts) and spread it, in which seems to lead to slight clumping. I might stick to using a lesser amount, because this issue doesn't occur then.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I really like this sunscreen. I don’t find it to be overly scented. I really can’t smell it much at all. This is a thick, lotiony product. I had been using Biore watery essence, but started to notice that it is quite drying, probably due to its high alcohol content. This does have alcohol, but it’s pretty low on the list and this stuff is quite moisturizing. In fact, I haven’t even been using a moisturizer under it. I’ll probably need to when it gets colder but for now I don’t need to. AND it doesn’t break me out! That’s been a big struggle for me because literally everything does lol. That’s why I stuck with Biore for so long. It’s pretty cheap and I’ll definitely be repurchasing it because sunscreen is an essential product.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

This is my favorite sunscreen on the market! It has nice soothing feeling and is not greasy. It also has a high SPF. It is nice and lightweight underneath my make up.Wonderful

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Another nice one from COSRX ????. By Asian standards, this ss is rather thick, more like a cream than a lotion. This goes on smoothly and doesn’t leave a white cast after it is absorbed, take like 2 minutes to set. I tried wearing liquid and powder foundation over this, and had no issues, some sunscreens make my makeup ball up or look patchy. By the way, I wore this to the zoo, in the 34 degrees celcius, reapplied only once. My friend used sunplay’s spf 80 sunscreen spray which she also reapplied at the same time as me. And at the end of the day, she got burnt. I didn’t! ???? Love love love!!!

About reviewer (199 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3.0

2 years ago

I love trying some of the Korean Beauty brands that are out there and Cosrx is one brand that I have successfully used to find some great AHA and BHA exfoliants. I now use sunscreen on a daily basis to prevent aging as much as possible. I love that the CosRX Aloe Soothing Sunscreen is SPF 50 PA+++ which means that this has higher coverage than the standard SPF 30 sunscreens, and the PA+++ indicates that this has a very high level of broad spectrum coverage as well. This does contain denatured alcohol but it is 11th on the list, still this feels lightly hydrating, but non-greasy. The CosRX Sunscreen also contains a little bit of fragrance but it does dissipate rather quickly. If you have very dry or very sensitive skin you might want to pass of this due to the alcohol and fragrance, but I have sensitive skin and did not have any issues using this sunscreen. My video review can be seen here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9yYkGNtDfgA"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9yYkGNtDfgA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

It’s a light moisturising sun screen that sits well under my face moisturiser and makeup. Leaves a nice sheen, doesn’t make you look too oily. But I thought the product would be a bit bigger. From the websites I’ve looked on, the bottle seemed bigger than expected. Oh well, still works well ????

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

It's a white cream sunscreen that does not leave a white cast after application. I generally agree with what everyone said below - it's hydrating, does not mattify the skin. It spreads super easily too, so I don't need to slather it on and end up with a thick sticky layer. I don't find it too thick. It just feels like a cream moisturizer. There's a light scent to it, nothing too irritating. I was using Biore's Perfect Face Milk, but the high alcohol content of that product left my face too dry and flaky sometimes, so I thought I'll switch to something less drying. Living in a humid and tropical climate, I think the creamy texture of the Cosrx sun cream takes some getting used to. It doesn't do anything to control oil, so it'll be good to have something that does somewhere in your routine, else your face would be too shiny in a few hours. It has a slightly dewy finish. Not pricey too. As a lazy bum, I'm trying to find a sunscreen that I can remove completely with just a basic cleanser instead of having to use a makeup remover to do so, especially on days where I'm not wearing makeup. Hopefully, I would be able to so with this. It feels like a wash would remove it, unlike the Biore one, which can last through sweat and oil. Will update again. Update: can be washed off with cleanser, but will need to wash twice (both times with cleanser) If I only wash once, there’ll be residue left and result in some small pimples. Also, I noticed that it can pill under concealer. Thats especially noticeable towards the end of the day. Taking away one lippie for that, and going to change my sunscreen because of it.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35