wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

Filtered by age: 44-55
wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious PetalsMegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.7

on 10/7/2018 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This highlighter is fantastic. Picked it up at CVS on a whim while considering the purchase of a high end highlighter palette and saved myself a good bit of cash! The light color is perfect on my lily-white skin and the product stays relatively well on my brushes. I find it to be subtle which is good because at my age I don't want my face to look like a glitter bomb. I use it on my widow's peak and cheekbones and it looks lovely. The packaging sucks, I have a hard time opening it so I took off a lippie. For the price though, this is a great find.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had second thoughts about buying this, but when I saw how nice it looked in the package, I thought what the hay. I am so glad I decided to take the plunge and buy this. I actually have this one, the bronze one, and the lavender color. Looks really great on my face, doesn't have that cheap glittery blow back and just blends in like crazy, while somehow giving that "lit from within, healthy skin look." I absolutely love these and don't let the cheap price fool you, these are finely milled, as fine as silk and belie their inexpensive price tag for look, wear and beauty. Love these!

on 2/26/2018 6:04:00 PM

The right amount of pigment, easily bendable and leave a beautiful sheen without looking glittery. What is not to like...? Absolutely love it....

on 12/17/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because WnW is not all that widely available in Canada, I was especially delighted to see this highlighter at the Pharmaplus near the school where I teach. I grabbed it, anticipating a nice option to my pricier highlighters. Sadly, this applies much darker than I expected and than all the swatches/reviews I'd seen online. I'll still use this, I guess, but it just doesn't give the effect I was hoping for.

on 12/14/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I picked this up at Walgreens for $2. Its a lovely golden powder highlighter. Its buttery smooth and very easy to apply with a brush or just a finger. It would look beautiful on tanned skin too. Sadly, its a tad too shimmery for my normal-dry skin (LOLA). I'm using BECCA liquid products which are more glowy than shimmery.

on 11/5/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me just pile on the love for this product. I have a horrible makeup sin to confess: I did not use highlighter until about a month ago. I decided to try highlighting to give my complexion a much needed boost, and after researching, decided to try this one as a cheap alternative to The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer (which I have a generous sample size of, thanks to Ipsy).

Wet n Wild is cheap makeup, so the packaging is not going to be spectacular. However, unlike their eyeshadow singles which I have to use tweezers to pry open (lest I gouge my nail polish, which I will NOT do because I'm a nail snob), this opens easily and stays closed securely. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course as you can see by the picture, there is a lovely floral imprint on the product, which enhances the aesthetic appeal. Who doesn't like buying pretty makeup?

The texture of the product is buttery, soft, fine textured and smooth. My brush picks it up very easily and it distributes evenly. If you use a heavy hand, you can get a disco ball/Cullen effect if that's what you're going for, but with a light hand and proper blending, this gives just the right amount of "glow" to my complexion. My skin is approximately NW25-30 in tone, and this shows up on me as a sort of champagne/candlelight color. It is simply lovely. I set my make up with setting spray, and this highlighter does not fade or come off for 12 hours. I love it.

The price point is excellent, the quality is excellent, and since this little gem is reportedly hard to find, if you can get your hands on it, buy a back up (I did).

on 8/11/2017 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely gorgeous. Can double as eyeshadow. Gives me the perfect glow when applied above blush along my cheekbones. Very pigmented with just a swipe of my brush. Definitely a keeper, and it's cheap!!

Love Precious Petals (closer than my skin shade) but also Queen of my Canopy just a slight darker. Essence also makes great ines the cream to powder ines and the powder one. Excellent products for such excellent prices! Can be beat!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

WOW! I was finally able to pick one of these up in Rite Aid after searching for it in every Wet 'n' Wild display I came across and not finding it. I saw this being used on several different YouTube MUA's and they all raved about the pigmentation and "bling" factor.

This is an amazing product for the price. It is a rose gold highlighter and you need just a small amount for the "glow" to show. Very smooth and nicely pigmented. I am fair (Light in IT Cosmetics CC cream) and this works for me. I apply it lightly to my cheek bones and temple and just a touch on the cupids bow. it imparts a very pretty sheen and can be subtle or OOT depending on application. Packaging is the usual Wet 'n' Wild plastic packaging w/ a clear plastic lid in a black plastic case, but they did put some very pretty embossing on the product. But, for the $4.99 price tag, I can live with it. It's about the product, not the packaging and considering I have purchased far more expensive highlighters and left them in a drawer, I'm very happy with this one.

on 5/20/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had wanted this for a while. This is sold out in drug stores in my neighborhood (actually the WnW shelves always have very little stock left) so I had to go a bit far afield to find one. An inexpensive champagne rose gold highlighter suitable for my mature, matte loving, NC 30-35 combination skin. It's relatively subtle when applied with a light hand, can be mixed or layered with various other cosmetics and lasts. Am getting to the age where my love of matte texture isn't always the most flattering, so this is a welcome addition. I most often follow the recommendation to apply highlighter under foundation (a variation on Wayne Goss technique of mixing luminizer into foundation or tInted moisturizer) for a more subtle glow.

I also bought the other colorway: Crown Your Canopy (which I also reviewed under the general listing for Megaglow highlighter). CYC is darker, warmer, more burnished, equally lovely. On me, it's a subtle warm bronze luster (actually more subtle than Precious petals). Warm pale skin tones might find CYC too orange.Over primer, these highlighters last and dont leave obvious glitter residue (my issue with NARS orgasm and south beach multi stick). There is fall out and kickback/dusting, but for the price, and due to the ease of blending, I don't mind. Given how sparingly I use this, one pan will last a long time.