Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color

Nudestix - Lip + Cheek Color
Nudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorNudestix - Lip + Cheek ColorOne week

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the sharpen stick format and the size of the pencil, as well how creamy the product is. However, I would probably only use this as a blush. On the lips I find these to be incredibly streaky and patchy and not long wearing at all. They move around so much and will not stay inside the lip line, even when applied with a lip brush. Best way to use is on the cheek blended out with a damp beauty blender or a brush.

on 3/26/2018 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am not a huge fan of lip products in pencil form. But I really like this lip pencil in the color Mystic. Mystic is a glossy nude shade. It has a shiny, satin formula that is just perfect for me. It does not bleed or feather on me, but it is not terribly long lasting and it dries out my lips.

on 11/8/2017 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a review for the original lip & cheek pencil formula (I love the intense matte formula and enjoy the magnetic matte formula as well and I typically only use these on my lips). I am typically not a fan of pencil makeup products. I've found in the past that I just dislike the general waxier, stiffer formula that they tend to produce since they have to hold their shape in a pencil form. However, after being swayed by a favourite youtuber (and seeing one of their 3 pencil sets which is 3 colours for the price of 1) I took a dive and bought some intense matte pencils. I LOVED them because the product almost melted onto my lips. It was a dream. Given the company is cruelty and paraben free, I went ahead and tried their other formulas, having some high hopes.

This was my least favourite formula by far that they have. I think this is the most similar to a typical pencil lip product. Stiffer, not a ton of colour payoff (at least in the shades I tried), wore off really quickly from my lips, etc. Not a fan. I've repurchased many of their lip kits for intense and magnetic matte formulas, but I won't be repurchasing any of these. Another small irritant, when you sharpen it, you can really smell the wood in the pencil. Probably not a big deal for most people but it strangely reminds me of being in elementary school with those cheap yellow pencils we used to use, and oddly enough it bothers me a fair amount. It's not the worst product in the world (hence the 2 lippies), but it's just very typical.

on 6/20/2017 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried about a dozen different colors in various finishes of this lip and cheek color but only one shade makes holy grail status: Mystic. It's the perfect MLBB nude for my fair/light neutral complexion. It has a nice glossy satin finish that doesn't dry out the lips even with prolonged wear. It goes with just about everything and I can apply this without a mirror and not worry about it bleeding or getting all over my teeth after a proper blot. I'm on my third one and it's the only one I need on when I'm on no-makeup binges or at work or want to balance a smoky eye. What I love about this shade is that it also works well on my cheeks for those travel-light situations. The other shades range from nice to just okay, but for some reason just not as perfect as Mystic (for me). Lasts from 4-5 hours with normal drinking/eating but applying this is such a breeze and keeps my lips hydrated so I actually like reapplying this often. The cons: pricey!! (I like the sets that include this shade for this reason as the minis are actually the same amount as the full size) and hate that you have to sharpen this. The shade wears down very quickly so you're really losing a lot of product constantly shaving this down. But I'm on my 3rd one and have 2 backups.

on 6/6/2017 11:51:00 AM

I bought the shade Whisper on a whim while searching for the perfect matte brown eyeshadow (found that as well in this line), and I am a fan! As a lipstick, the formula glides on easily, does not feather, and doesn't settle into cracks and lines as much as other lipsticks can do. I don't feel dried out at all, and the color is very nice on me (though it does tend to go a little purple on me--most lipsticks do for whatever reason). As a blush, the recommended three stripes gives me a faint, lovely natural flush, and unbelievably, not a peep from my rosacea either!

I DO feel like I'm paying a pretty penny for packaging, but I quite enjoy the packaging anyway. It's not very practical, but in some ways it's VERY practical at the same time, if that makes sense. I can always find it, I can find the sharpener (how many sharpeners can one person lose? I can tell you it's a LOT), there's an available mirror if needed, and the tins are good for other purposes when you're done with the product.

All in all, a product that pares down my makeup routine time, works very well, doesn't irritate my skin or my lips, and offers a very nice packaging? It's all win. I'll continue to buy, though I won't be buying if the price goes up any more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sephora offers a mini kit of this that includes three matte shades (Pixi - nude brown; Belle - plum nude; Purity - natural/flesh nude). They come in a metal tin with a sharpener and are super pigmented, smooth and long-wearing. These can be used on both the lips and cheeks and I like the size of these, great for travel. I don't typically like pencils that need to be sharpened but these are still a good product. I like the versatility of these pencils and how comfortable they are on the lips. Not as drying as some other formulas, and I didn't experience any feathering or bleeding outside the lips. Glad I purchased the mini kit, not sure I'd invest in full size as the price of one is the same as the price of the mini kit and I'd rather have 3 shades to play with. If you like this kind of product it's worth checking out.

on 4/19/2017 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a huge fan of pencil makeup but every once in a while I'll buy a stick so that I remind myself not to buy one again. I love lip/cheek products, and this is a nice color for my lips and cheeks. I have RIPE. The color is a beautiful apricot-peach with a slight touch of shimmer. If it were based on color alone, I would love this product, but the formulation doesn't work for me. After one week my pencil is a little tiny stub. I have to sharpen the pencil after each use, and I can feel it MELTING as I sharpen it. Even though a nifty little sharpener is included in the metal case that houses the pencil, shavings get everywhere. Even after sharpening, I have scraped the wood on my lips because the texture is much softer than average lipstick. The staying power on cheeks isn't terrible, as long as I'm not sweating or having an oily day. On lips, it lasts about 45 minutes (fading slowly), as long as I don't eat, drink, or speak. Maybe other colors have more firm textures. Still, I don't like this product enough to want to try any more pencils. The metal container this comes in can only fit a couple of pencils, and it's too bulky to add to a makeup carrying case. If I loved this brand, it wouldn't take long for my recycle bin to be overflowing with Nudestix tins and sharpeners. Even though these are recyclable, they seem wasteful; especially the sharpeners. How many sharpeners could one person need?

on 1/16/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Really glad I stumbled across these on Sephora's website during the holidays. I got a tin with three colors and a sharpener and they are very comfortable. I get good wear out of them despite the fact that they're rather moisturizing (even in the dry winter air) and they have no perceptible scent or taste to me. A little pricey but they're a good product and cruelty free, so worth it to me overall. Will definitely try out other shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

One of those great gems hidden in plain sight in Sephora. Got the shades Mystic and Sin.

Pros:
- great colour payoff & selection
- moisturising
- long lasting
- multi-purpose (lipliner + lip colour + cheek stain)
- comes with mirror and sharpener
- great for travelling

Cons:
- pricey

I tried this in belle and I just can't pull it off. The product itself is decent. Very smooth and non-drying. It stayed on a decent amount of time also. But this color did not work for my fair/ruddy skintone :(