MAC Cosmetics Lip Liner- Burgundy

No Image

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this lip liner recently to wear with my dark berry/brownish vampy lipsticks and it is a perfect choice. I kind of feel it falls into both categories and is so versatile.

It looks great with Studded Kiss and Diva, is quite pigmented. Texture is neither too creamy, nor too dry. In other words it is perfect. You can see swatches and more here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted). I am very glad that I picked this up and would highly recommend this liner to others.

This is perf w MAC Media lipstick! My only really "dark" l/l's are Burgundy & MAC NightMoth. I've been wearing this w Media & MAC O which are lovely combos as well as wnw Cherry Bomb. It is this rich russet reddish brown brick color. NightMoth is def darker & a lot more black/purple. I got this because I heard it was worn by Kylie Jenner but I am wondering if that's true coz it is quite different than her Soar l/l but I'm rarely disappointed by MAC! This is no exception. I'm so psyched by the Fall colors, this is a def must-have if you like vampy sexy deep colors.

I do like this colour but as usual, I do think It's over priced and I'm sure I could get a dupe somewhere in this world but still I love it.

on 3/21/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfect match for my mac matte Diva lipstick on my nc44 skin tone

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

One of my go-to lip liners!

It makes a perfect combination with MAC DIVA or DARKSIDE but looks fantastic on its own.
If you're having trouble looking for a perfect matte lipstick, honestly just buy this and all your problems will be solved.

Extremely long lasting, just like a stain!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this liner to go with Diva lipstick, and it matches perfectly! It's a matte, opaque, pigmented deep plummy red color. You can use it with whatever lipstick you want, but would go best with burgundy, deep reds, and plums the best. MAC liners (along with UD) are my favorite, and you can't ever go wrong with them. I will repurchase!

on 1/16/2012 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Perfect. It's everything I wanted. I ordered this online since Mac cosmetics are hard to find where I live.

Color:
True deep burgundy color. It looks just like wine. Perfect for fall and winter. I have super fair skin and dark hair/eyes and this accentuates it perfectly and gives me that Snow White-look. I don't use dark or non-sheer lipstick otherwise since I think it's "too much" but this is just beautiful. I skip the eyeliner and use blush very sparingly to even things out.
I think this would look good on most women from very fair to very dark.
When dry, it looks darker, a bit more brown, when moist (with a lip balm) the brighter red comes out).

Application:
I use this by itself, no lipstick. I take the tiniest bit lip balm and rub it over lips, then use the liner on lower lip (two-three streaks, no more) and blend, pressing lips together.

You get a lot of product, it's a long pencil. If I ever run out I'll buy it again because it's just perfect except for the lasting power wich could be a little bit better, but maybe its the lip balm that makes it come off easier. Still love it though.

on 3/11/2011 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this pencil! Great pigmentation, and isn't drying. The only critique I have is that the color gets darker when on dry lips.

on 12/28/2010 3:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought this on the back of reviews in MakeupAlley and I wasn't disappointed.

It's got very good lasting power (things don't seem to stay on my lips for very long at all normally) and doesn't dry my lips out (another problem with many lip products for me normally).

There's no feathering at all, but it can have a tendency to settle into the lines of your lips a bit if you are using it as an all-over colour and you put too much on.

The colour is a perfect dark reddish wine, without looking too goth or dramatic (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). It's great for lining dark red / plum / or even pink lipsticks, but I also like to wear this on its own with a bit of balm / gloss over the top.

on 10/29/2010 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Right on. This is just what it says - a burgundy. True, rich, opaque, dark, cool burgndy. Ideal under similar toned lipsticks like Dark Side, or just as an outline to sexy goth fuschias like Rebel. Will repurchase.

Popular Lip Liners