4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I've used Clinique Quickliners for years, Lip Blush and Beige Plum, but I've grown tired of the shimmer in a lip liner, and they discontinued Beige Plum. So after trying Soar (too rose), Half-Red (too brick), Dervish (too light), I tried this and LOVE it. On my hand I was afraid it was too brown and too dark, but on my lips, it's wonderful. It seems to impart a neutral mauve/pink that darkens up my Viva Glam II perfectly. I also use Whirl, which is fine when I want something a little lighter, more pink, more natural, but I use this most of the time. I wouldn't say I use it really lightly, but one swipe is all I need. I'm so glad I gave it a chance, it's my new favorite.

About reviewer (401 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

from

4 years ago

This is Holy Grail material. I use this for my nudes to my vampy lips and everything in between. On my NC30 it comes off as a deep plummy reddy color. For a nude lip i use it with Velvet Teddy, for a deep mauve lip, I use Twig or Fast Play, & for a vampy lip Rebel or Sin for the perfect ombre vampy lip! It's so versatile, I absolutely love this liner!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

4 years ago

It looks absolutely stunning on my nc42-44 skin ????????????????

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBlack

4 years ago

It is what it says on the tin - Plum. A really nice, rich, deep purple-brown. It works well with a few of my lipsticks but my favourite pairing has to be with MAC Faux. It's like a match made in heaven! Having blonde hair I really struggle wearing dark lipsticks but I found this liner is my savior. It's really blendable with other colours and can totally transform a shade of lipstick into something else!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

This is the brown girl answer to all those "nude" lipsticks that don't match our nude. To all those pink lipsticks and glosses that are a bit too light. I recently purchased it and have worn this with faux lipstick, deelight creemsheen glass, jubilee lipstick and brave lipstick, all by Mac and all in the same week! Very versatile in bringing the bit of plum into the center of pinks and nudes so that you have a work appropriate color. On its own it is a bit dark for me. It looks like chestnut lip pencil in that regard. But oh what it can do for all those others. I will certainly be purchasing this again. Am NW45 for reference.

About reviewer (621 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

OK, so I recognize this may sound a little bizarre, but I use this lip liner to change the tone and darken lipsticks that are too light, too orange, etc. For example, I have Buxom lipstick in two timer and it is just too orangey and too light for my taste. With this lip liner, it is transformed into a sophisticated plummy neutral. And I am not even using the lip liner on my entire lip. Just blended on the outer edges. Love it.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I use this lip liner as an outline for mauve or rose lipsticks and blend it in.. Sometimes, I also fill in my lips with this and then go over them with nude lipgloss. You can also wear it under lighter lipsticks to darken them. It is a really pretty color for fall and winter and gives you a nice polished look.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

7 years ago

I love this lip liner soooo much. am nw45 in mac and this lip pencil is perfect for woman of colour. I just think the chestnut is too dark for warm skin tone. this lip pencil last all day and you can even wear it on its own. you get a lot of quantity with it as well

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

7 years ago

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this pencil. Holy Grail!!! I carry this with me everywhere I go. It turns drab into fab. For some reason this pencil pops my lips. It gives great definition and makes mostly all my lippies polished. I love this pencil! Nice job MAC!

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Relaxed, Other

8 years ago

Brown girls who like to wear pink lipstick/gloss- get this liner. It's not too dark, and it's not too light for pink lippies- it just makes pink lip products look better. It's hard to describe the color, but it's like like a brownish/ mauvy color. I use this with all of my pin lipsticks- Faux, Angel, Viva Glam Gaga, Laugh-a-Lot, Hot Gossip, and Snob. NC50/ Matchmaster 7.5

About reviewer (99 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm