Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Cleansing Gel

No Image

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Propylene Glycol, Peat, Charcoal Powder, Sargassum Fusiforme Extract, Lava Powder, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Allantoin, Panthenol, BHT, Sodium Hydroxide, Xantham Gum, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Mica, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.

Nothing special. My eyes were getting swollen underneath and my skin felt dry and tight after each use.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a black colored cleanser with lactic acid and salicylic acid in it. I have combination skin and this leaves my skin feeling clean but also dry and tight feeling. It actually looks like my constantly clogged pores are improving adding this into my routine. Also this has a mild, barely there scent which I prefer. I think this is better suited for oily skin types rather than my combination skin type.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

A nice cleanser that does not dry the skin out. My skin really does feel unclogged and clean yet hydrated. Its very light and there is no offensive scent. It rinses off really clean.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am slowly making my way through most of Peter Thomas Roth's cleansers. I initially got a small bottle of this as a points perk at Sephora and then got a larger one (4.2 oz.) in a gift set from PTR. You might think that this cleanser is for oily skin but it is actually designated "for all skin types" and even with my dry skin at this time of year, I can use this. To my utter surprise, it really does make a difference in the look of the pores and "sebaceous filaments" around my nose. While it's not my "go to" cleanser for this time of year, I can see myself using this daily once the hot, humid summer arrives. It's not irritating despite being such a thorough cleanser. It just does a really nice job of doing what it says - cleansing and "dissolving pore clogging impurities".

on 12/28/2016 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I agree with the other reviewer. This provides a nice glow and helps a lot with congestion. My face feels smooth and soft after washing. It can be a tad drying if I use it every day but nonetheless it is a good cleanser for oily skin, especially break out prone.

on 4/12/2016 1:51:00 PM

I love this cleanser so much it just might replace PTR's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel as my new HG. I like PTR's products and have been using them for several years now. I was curious to try this new cleanser and I have to say that I am really impressed with it!

This product keeps my skin smooth and bright and clear. It's black when it comes out of the bottle but the color disappears when it gets mixed with water. Lathers up nicely and rinses off easily. No discernible scent. Makes my skin feel extra clean, but never dried out. Not really suited for makeup removal though, I use something different for that- either an oil cleanser or a creamy foaming one.

For reference I have skin that is combo-oily, clog-prone, not sensitive. This cleanser turned out to suit me perfectly. Makes my skin feel so fresh, and it really keeps the breakouts at bay.

As I said before, my current HG is PTR's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel (the orange one) which contains glycolic and salicylic acid. Whereas the Irish Moor Mud Purifying Cleansing Gel contains lactic and salicylic acid. And I think that's a crucial difference between the two products, my skin really likes lactic acid. It's one of those ymmv things but as an ingredient, lactic acid just makes my skin GLOW. There was a noticeable brightening effect after just a few days of using this cleanser. I still love my orange cleanser, but this black one is really giving it a run for its money!

I would absolutely buy this again. Recommended!