OPI Spare Me a French Quarter

OPI Spare Me a French Quarter
Spare Me a French Quarter

4.7

on 6/22/2018 8:56:00 PM

Lovely shade! From their Spring 2016 New Orleans Collection, OPI's Spare Me a French Quarter is slightly muted berry-magenta with a creme finish. It's not in-your-face but not quite conservative either. It's a pleasant and flattering color overall. Very wearable!

Great OPI formula too. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

I'd buy this one again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

A beautiful cream berry color that is opaque in one coat and applies easily. I think this is a must have for medium to feel slim tones.

This is a fantastic polish! I love a good berry and Spare Me A French Quarter did not let me down! It is a pretty berry shade with neutral undertones which looked lovely against my NC15 skin - bright enough for a pop of colour but not so garish that I couldn’t wear it to work. It is quite a classy shade. I got a lot of compliments on this shade. The formula was fantastic - only one coat is needed for full opacity. It applied easily without streaks or bald patches. It dried quickly and to a shiny finish. It also wore well, lasting around 5 days with base and top coat. I would highly recommend this to anyone searching for a good berry, or some great everyday wearable colours. A+

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely magenta color.Great for toes.It looks good on my fair pale skin.Went on like a dream.No streaking.One coat is fine but two bring out a darker more lovely color.The only reason i would not buy again is that i don't see myself wearing this all that often.It is a beautiful color.

on 5/4/2016 7:19:00 PM

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous color. It's part of OPI's 2016 spring and summer New Orleans themed collection. I think that OPI really hit it out of the ballpark with its this collection; there are so many beautiful colors. I'd describe Spare Me a French Quarter as magenta - the love child of fuschia and purple. It's similar to Flowerista by Essie (from Essie's spring collection of a couple of years ago), but Flowerista is a bit lighter and has more pink in it.
Application was wonderful - I could have gotten away with just one coat but as usual, I applied two.
P.S. Wear time is terrific. After five days, I just have a little bit of tip wear - quite an accomplishment considering how hard I am on my nails.

on 2/9/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Collection: OPI New Orleans Spring 2016

* I just uploaded a couple of photo comparisons of this one, with several other OPI polishes side-by-side:

Under a skylight:
Full Size Image

Next to a window:
Full Size Image

Seems to be a medium, muted, plummy berryish red-violet-ish color; so classy, beautiful. Not bright or in your face at all, but does wake up outside! I think I see some hot pink in the color when in the sun. So cute. Good creme formula, 2 coats was fine, no chips.

I would say it is great for all ages, probably all skin tones, all seasons, and all occasions. I would even wear it for an interview; it is that ladylike and appropriate. I'm thinking CoCo Chanel perfect.

You know how sometimes you want some interesting and appropriate color, nothing that screams "look at me"? Well this fits. Also, you'll ponder.... What is this color anyway? It is hard to pin down. I have others in this group: Just Lanai-ing Around, First Date At the Golden Gate, Wooden Shoe Like to Know. All of these are interesting "off" colors; subdued, lovely.

If the bottle broke, I would probably buy it again. If I could give it a numerical rating, it would be 4.5.

Maybe it is similar to Dim Sum Plum? I don't have that one, sadly, but other reviewers may comment to give us an idea. It is definitely lighter than Get Cherried Away (more purple) and Miami Beet (more red), and darker than The Berry Thought of You.

Popular Polishes