OPI Nail Polishes

OPI Nail Polishes

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Was suckered in when they first came out - a huge variety of shades and different finishes - I had to give it a go, but it ended up in huge disappointment.

They look great during application but they take forever to dry compared to most other brands I've tried and they never last more than a day on me. Worst part is that most of them need at least 3 coats to be fully opaque.
I would give it a higher score of it either chipped quickly but was at least quick and easy to apply (makes it optimal for occasions where you really only need it to last through one day or night), or if it took a while to apply but at least lasted longer (1-2 days is NOT enough considering the long dry-time).

Repurchase? Nope - so not worth the hassle.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I don't understand what magical people see in these polishes and why they are presented in all good beauty salon.
Don't take me wrong, they aren't bad, but I think that there are much better options out there.
Pros:
- huge color selection
- sold everywhere (any rare shade can be found online)
- streak free application
Cons:
- dark colors staining nails with most of base the coats
- it really takes time to properly dry them out even with fast drying top coats
- staying power isn't great (3-5 days on my hands while I could get up to 10 days with China Glaze)

on 12/28/2016 1:40:00 PM

My daughter was given the 4 bottle gift pack as a stocking stuffer and was after use immediately after use got a nose bleed, nausea, and stomach ailment...the following day she slept all day as I thought it was a bug, the day after that she had no energy at all. On the fourth day she was up and about ate was doing well decided to paint her nails again and the whole cycle started immediately after using this product. I took her to the doctor and the ingredient that is not on the bottles nor stated on the boxes is "triphenyl phosphate" and is labeld as TPHP.
I would suggest you pull these bottles off the shelf redirect your chemists and makers of the polish solutions to re-evaluate the product chemical structure, as it is toxic to humans and therefore the environment.
I am letting you know first before I take this matter to the CDC and EPA and any other agency that will stop the production of this nail polish.
MadMom

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

After biting my nails for many,and i mean many,years i was finally able to quit.As you probably have guessed,i am new to polishing my nails.OPI was the first polish I bought.So many great colors.It goes on streek free and lasts a long time.My nails look lovely now.I am so glad i tried OPI. Its the best!!!!

Best nail polish out there. This polish stays on longer than any other polish I've used. It stays a long time before chipping. The colors are nice, but most colors they make, especially the nice ones that aren't basic colors are not available in any stores. Why even come out with all these new colors if they don't sell them anywhere? The bristles are wide so it coats nails nicely. Sometimes the tops are harder, if not impossible to open more so than most other brands. Nice glossy finish. I prefer this brand to any other, but I use other brands more due to the lack of colors available. They are nice but still very over priced.

on 5/17/2016 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Mixed feelings about OPI nail polish. I own 2 shades: Big Apple Red and Dulce De Leche.
The red one, Big Apple Red, chips off the same day it was applied.
On the other hand, Dulce De Leche,(which is a beautiful color), lasts quite ok for a few days. I always add a top coat after the nail polish dries.

Overall, I don't really recommend OPI because it is expensive and the quality is not a match to the price. There are cheaper brands that last longer (I'm talking about Flormar, which to me is superior to OPI) or at least they don't chip after a few hours. Very disappointed that the classic red from OPI has such poor quality :(

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I got my nails done and picked an opi gel nail polish, after 2 days of getting my nails done the nail polish peeled right off. I went back and got them fixed and that same day the nail polish continued to peel right off. I'm very disappointed with opi nail polish. It needs to be able to hold, not peel right off.

on 3/31/2016 10:47:00 AM

I am quite disappointed with this product. I purchased and applied OPI Infinite Shine Lacquer & Gloss to my nails. The price was higher than I usually pay, but I was drawn to the color shade and the long lasting wear aspect advertised. The color shade was on spot. Unfortunately, within one day this lacquer was chipping and peeling from my nails. So much for long lasting wear. Due to my experience with this product I do not recommend a purchase.

on 3/30/2016 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OPI is my favorite nail polish brand. Not inexpensive but I love the brush and the formula is usually wonderful with few exceptions - the infinite shine range is a flop. Still, I will read reviews before purchasing but in general it's my go-to brand.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

For the most part I've found that OPI is an above-average brand for nail polish. The colors are great, most of the formulas apply nicely, I like the brush. But they seem to chip far too easily, especially for what's supposed to be a higher-end product. I've had $2 drugstore polishes that outperformed OPI in terms of staying power. I tend to buy them half price from the clearance section at places like Ulta because the 9.50 full price tag is a bit much for what I want to spend on polish; but there have been a few times when I shelled it out just because I really liked a color. So, overall I really do like this brand despite the chipping issue and I'll surely be buying more from them in the future.

Popular Polishes