OPI Nail Polishes

OPI Nail Polishes

4.2

Best nail polish out there. This polish stays on longer than any other polish I've used. It stays a long time before chipping. The colors are nice, but most colors they make, especially the nice ones that aren't basic colors are not available in any stores. Why even come out with all these new colors if they don't sell them anywhere? The bristles are wide so it coats nails nicely. Sometimes the tops are harder, if not impossible to open more so than most other brands. Nice glossy finish. I prefer this brand to any other, but I use other brands more due to the lack of colors available. They are nice but still very over priced.

on 5/17/2016 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Mixed feelings about OPI nail polish. I own 2 shades: Big Apple Red and Dulce De Leche.
The red one, Big Apple Red, chips off the same day it was applied.
On the other hand, Dulce De Leche,(which is a beautiful color), lasts quite ok for a few days. I always add a top coat after the nail polish dries.

Overall, I don't really recommend OPI because it is expensive and the quality is not a match to the price. There are cheaper brands that last longer (I'm talking about Flormar, which to me is superior to OPI) or at least they don't chip after a few hours. Very disappointed that the classic red from OPI has such poor quality :(

To Read all 426 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I got my nails done and picked an opi gel nail polish, after 2 days of getting my nails done the nail polish peeled right off. I went back and got them fixed and that same day the nail polish continued to peel right off. I'm very disappointed with opi nail polish. It needs to be able to hold, not peel right off.

on 3/31/2016 10:47:00 AM

I am quite disappointed with this product. I purchased and applied OPI Infinite Shine Lacquer & Gloss to my nails. The price was higher than I usually pay, but I was drawn to the color shade and the long lasting wear aspect advertised. The color shade was on spot. Unfortunately, within one day this lacquer was chipping and peeling from my nails. So much for long lasting wear. Due to my experience with this product I do not recommend a purchase.

on 3/30/2016 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OPI is my favorite nail polish brand. Not inexpensive but I love the brush and the formula is usually wonderful with few exceptions - the infinite shine range is a flop. Still, I will read reviews before purchasing but in general it's my go-to brand.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

For the most part I've found that OPI is an above-average brand for nail polish. The colors are great, most of the formulas apply nicely, I like the brush. But they seem to chip far too easily, especially for what's supposed to be a higher-end product. I've had $2 drugstore polishes that outperformed OPI in terms of staying power. I tend to buy them half price from the clearance section at places like Ulta because the 9.50 full price tag is a bit much for what I want to spend on polish; but there have been a few times when I shelled it out just because I really liked a color. So, overall I really do like this brand despite the chipping issue and I'll surely be buying more from them in the future.

on 12/1/2015 11:24:00 PM

I love the OPI brush. It's big and easy to use and makes the application faster and more even. My issue is just that, for some colors, when the polish dries and within the next few days of wearing, the color changes (usually becomes darker than original). That is a bit disappointing. Have any others experienced this?

on 11/6/2015 4:57:00 PM

I love OPI nail colors. I love that they are highly pigmented. I love the brush and cap. Very easy to apply and hold. Two coats of color gives me a deep color.
Like some here, my OPI mani will chip within hours. At 10.00 a bottle, that made me mad.
So I've done a bit of experimenting and my OPI at home mani has been holding up well.
After removing old polish, I scrub my nails,with soap and warm water to remove traces of polish remover. I dry the nails, then go over them with alcohol, then blast them with my hair dryer.
Then I'll apply a coat of OPI, then dry the coat with my hair dryer on low. I've discovered this has helped me cut waaay down on the ridiculous drying time with OPI.
Then I'll repeat with second coat.
After that, I've started applying Sally Hansen Miracle Gel top coat. Only one coat, or you'll get bubbles.
I might go out in the sun to cure it, or use my hair dryer with the infrared heating on low.
This sets the polish quickly and I've been very pleased.
I've seen some reviews about chipping and polish thickness, and wanted to share what's been working for me with OPI.
Like some of y'all I had the same issues with OPI. Ihad it chip in under an hour before. Grrr.
Hope this might help someone.
Forgot to add...I know this sounds labor intensive for a mani/pedi, but my mani has lasted two weeks so far. I'm going to have to remove it not because of chipping, but because if nail growth!
My pedi has lasted almost a month. I had surgery and have been unable to do my toes.
I've washed dishes without gloves, cleaned mirrors...I've been pretty rough on this mani and I'm really suprised it's lasted this long.
It's a first for me....and I think mostly it's that Miracle Gel top coat abd the nail prep.

on 8/20/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The colors are beautiful and there are many to choose from, I'll give them that. It's always easy to find an OPI polish in just the color you're looking for... but the drying time is terrible. Easily the worst of any I've tried and I've probably used a dozen brands! It's a shame that these are the most popular polishes at the local nail salons because I end up having to pick a color I'm not crazy about (or bring my own) because the majority are OPI and I'll end up with smeared, smudged nails. China Glaze, Essie, and even a lot of the low-end brands dry faster. What good is it to have polish that's pretty and chip-resistant if it smears an hour after it's applied? Drying sprays don't help much, and UV-activated topcoats just make your nails feel less tacky so you think you can start gently going about your business and... oops, huge smears. Seriously, if you have artificial acrylic nails and don't have all afternoon to sit there doing and touching nothing, go with Essie, or absolutely anything else. On natural nails the dry time is slightly better but it's still longer than the alternatives.

I recently received a couple of bottles of OPI polish as a gift, and needless to say I was reminded of why I only buy Essie polish. I HATE holding the OPI brush handle, using the wide brush itself, and the gloppy formulation of the polishes. I don't understand why so many people like this brand...it's average at best. I find the formulation of Essie polishes to be far superior, the handle and brush are more comfortable and easier to use, and the longevity of the applied polish lasts so much longer than OPI. Not an OPI fan.

Popular Polishes