4.6

price range

Reviews

from

a month ago

This is the perfect red for my nails during the holidays. It compliments my skin tone very well and the polish stays for a long time; I don't get chips until 5-7 days into wear. Love it and will buy again!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

5 months ago

Maybe it's the lighting in my living room but this actually looks like a deep orange. Opaque into coats, but you might need the three if you have long nails and don't want to see any nail line whatsoever. I would say this is a cross between a creme and a jelly formula. It doesn't dry a shiny as I would like but a top coat fixes that. I just needed to be careful with my application because it does drag and stain a little bit. There's nothing too special about the shade, orange leaning reds are pretty common. Unless the lighting in my living room does not lie and this actually is dark orange LOL. Not bad :) Update: In natural light this does look like a Santa red. It also chipped in one day.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

3.0

6 months ago

I have this in the Infinite Shine collection, thinking it would be close to my all-time favorite red, "Right Said Red" by Sally Hansen in their Complete Manicure line. True, I did have to put it on over another "mirror finish" "red" by SZLION [04; the bottle was bright red but not see-through so it resulted in being COPPER METALLIC]. It might work better on it's own; once I take off this combination in two weeks to switch to a camel nude for a wedding I'm attending, I'll give it another go. BTW, 2 tips on red nail polish: when removing, use 100% acetone remover, like salons use. Yes, it will make a mess anyway but will come off REAL quick. And use a good base coat; I LOVE Orly's Bonder Base Coat; didn't stain my nails all summer with all the neons I wore, or the last months when I've worn nothing BUT red polish.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Tan

HairBrown

a year ago

This is one of my absolute favorite OPI shades. Perfect for any season: spring, summer, fall or winter (I wore this over the Christmas period). No shimmer in here, no glitter and plenty of staying power. I also don't require a top coat as it's very glossy on its own. 2 coats of this and I'm good to go. Love the large brush which makes for easy application, however the only thing to be aware of is that under certain artificial lighting (i.e my office workplace) it can morph into an orange-pink shade, which for me is far from a problem as A) I find it looks equally good like that, in its own unique way, and B) keeps my office co-workers guessing - when they catch me outside on my lunch break... "How did she have one shade on inside and then stepped out in another!?" Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

a year ago

OPI's Big Apple Red is the perfect, true red. It's a Santa red, Valentine's Red, Stop Light red. It is slightly warm based on the Pantone scale, but not orange-y at all. It goes on well, self levels, 2 coats and a top coat wears well for almost a week. I don't wear reds that often, but I wouldn't be without this!

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

My favourite OPI red. Very classy, yet eye catching bright red with warm undertones. It gets over a week wear on acrylics with a top coat. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

5 years ago

Best red in nail polish, HG.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

5 years ago

If you want a cheaper, near identical dupe for OPI's BAR, Revlon Red 680 is pretty much an exact dupe, except Big Apple Red might be a note more orange.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0
from

5 years ago

Personally, I did not like this product at all. I have used many OPI nail polishes and they all seem to chip really easily even with a base/top coat. Additionally, they leave my nails stained with the colour once I have removed it. It takes a long time to get this nail polish off. I most definitely would NOT purchased this nail polish again because I think they are extremely over priced considering they are not very good. There are plenty of high-street nail polishes that are a lot better than this. I felt like I was just paying for the name and not the product itself (which should not be anywhere close to the price).

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

5 years ago

Big Apple Red looks reminds me of toffee coated candied red apples. Most reviews say the color is a bright true red but on my very pale yellow toned skin its a tomato red, and somewhat muted. Also pigmentation is of a slightly sheer crelly. Opaque in 3- 4 coats which is too much work for me. But I would like to try it as a single layer over a similar colored shimmery metallic or foil. I think it would glow. Wear is poor - chips on day 1 - 2. I usually get 3 - 4 days from an Opi. Stains the skin around my nails with red dye when I take it off. I've had better wearing and more flattering reds. So far I prefer Opi "The Color of Minnie" which is a pink-leaning true red with shimmer. I love how it contrasts against fair skin.

About reviewer (1264 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm