NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie

NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie

3.3

on 9/20/2018 1:27:00 PM

The red-toned shades of this product are just insanely long lasting. I wore Ruffle Trim swimming and in the shower and it was still on my lips. It's also worth noting that the shades will look different on different people, for instance Ruffle Trim looks very red on me and is super flattering. My sister admired it and bought it only to have it show up more tan and more pink on her.

on 9/4/2018 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8.5/10

I have one of these, in the shade Ruffle Trim. It's a peachy-brown. I find that some liquid lipsticks are moussey and some are liquidy - this is one of the liquidy ones. I actually prefer that style of LL, I find them more comfortable than the moussey ones (eg. Soft Matte Lip Cream). This goes on opaque and dries quickly. It's comfortable and doesn't crack unless you apply too much. They're very reasonably priced and don't leak (something I've found prevalent in LLs and lip glosses).

I would purchase more shades.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product in Exotic. I love the SMLC in Rome but that doesn’t last long on the lips. This one does but it is drying so I put Vaseline as lip balm beforehand and it works perfectly. I wear this to mass and at communion, I drink wine afterwards and the people do wipe after you drink, right? They were surprised to see nothing had transferred to the cup. hahahahaha. Would rebuy.

on 8/10/2018 8:58:00 AM

I have this in exotic and I truly love the color, it is a go-to. However, it makes my lips pretty dry and doesn't really last that long for a liquid lip.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of this product at all. The colors are great but the formula leaves much to be desired. It accentuates all the lines in my lips and dries too quickly. It wears in the inner lips but doesn’t let me reapply easily. It’s also very sticky. I should have known I wouldn’t like this. I’m more of a satin finish kind of girl. I only bought this because I thought it would be a light formula since it was supposed to be as if I have nothing on your lips. Good thing I only bought one to try...Bedtime Flirt. Color is gorgeous but the formula just sucks.

on 7/9/2018 5:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

i own 2 colours from this line, and i ADORE them. the colours are gorgeous, altough the formula is quite dry while applying it never bothers me while it's on my lips! it actually feels like i have nothing on my lips. overall, this is actually one of the best liquid matte lipsticks on the market.

This is a beautiful aesthetically pleasing product, i have bedtime flirt but whats strange about it is sometimes i love it and other times it just doesnt look nice? I think if you layer too much on it can begin to look grey but what i like to do is i like to get the Sleek Matte Me in the shade Birthday suit put that on and then put a thin layer of Nyx Lip Lingerie in bedtime flirt on top and its one of my favorite lip combos.
Scent, okay, stay on power, amazing. Nice product. Bit pricey but if theres a special occasion ill splurge on it.

on 5/27/2018 1:50:00 PM

These are a bit of a mixed bag. I really do like the shade range here, as a pale lady it's hard to find decent nude shades so it's nice to find these decently-priced liquid lipsticks with a handful of super pale shades.
I am around an NW10 in MAC shades, and have neutral to cool undertones and dark hair.
I have Satin Ribbon, which is a cooler beige-tone nude, and Silk Indulgent, a very pale peachy pink. The applicator is a little strange, it is a fuzzy doe-foot type but is very straight and firm. It goes on without too much streakiness or patchiness and dries down quite quickly. When set, it has a slight tacky and resin-y feel and is very drying on the lips - you have to have well-moisturised lips beforehand as this will highlight every crack and flake on them. It is fairly resistant against eating and drinking although some of the lipstick near the centre will come off. The rest of it is actually quite awkward to remove - you need a make-up remover to dissolve most of it off, if you try to physically remove with with hands, teeth etc you will most likely scrape and hurt yourself trying to get it off.

So I'm not really enamoured with the formula. But, it's hard to find decent nude shades as a pale girl without having to drop £20 on some high-end product, so this gets points for the shade range. I'd prefer if they weren't so drying otherwise I would wear them much more often.

on 5/16/2018 10:38:00 AM

I bough Embellishment, French Maid, and Confident. I think these look different on me than the swatches I saw online. Embellishment was looking pretty rosey-purple on a lot of swatches i saw, but it’s rose-brown on me (which is fine, and more true to the tube color). My lips are pretty pigmented (red/brown) which probably influences the color. I dab a little bit of product on my bottom and top lip and rub it in with my finger. This way I get the color without the product buildup. You can use the applicator to apply/swipe this on and it will be a lot more pigmented.

This dried down ok. It’s been on for six hours now- I’ve had a greasy breakfast and it’s still going strong. I like this product range because the colors are really muted. Pretty happy with this.

Very drying on the lips.