NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie

NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie

3.3

I got two colors—Silk Embellishment and Baby Doll. Both appeared in the tube as being pink toned, but on my lips SE applies as a very peachy salmon instead of the pale pink it looks in the tube and BD appeared as a pinky nude, but on my lips it’s a straight up beige, no hint of pink. Both colors are very unflattering so I was put off by that, but there’s the issue of the packaging. It has the strangest doe foot for the tube. It’s about an inch long whereas most doe foots I’ve seen are half that length. It picks up a lot of product—too much product. The formula goes on as creamy and takes quite a while to dry down. I’m not at all impressed and definitely have no plans to purchase any other colors.

on 11/14/2018 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• No transfer, no smudging/fading
• Pretty comfortable
• Don't dry down to a darker shade than in the tube
• Affordable
• Wide color range (great nudes)

CONS:
• The product gets very clumpy after a while
• Streaky, you need to apply several layers to get even pigmentation
• Wears off quickly from the inner part of the lips
• Gets crumbly if layered throughout the day
• Chemical scent

Overall, 5/10. I have the shade Corset.

on 11/12/2018 12:56:00 AM

I go the shade Teddy and Ruffle Trim. I saw some tourist girls from the middle east specifically asking the sales person at sephora to find the shade Teddy and she had to check the stock. I immediately got my hand on 1 tube and it does go nicely with light brown hair and minimal makeup. Ruffle trim looks like a warm peachy nude. It does have that Kylie lip tube semblance like a reviewer said. Ruffle trim looks like the current nude that is trending on every social media nowadays think KVD Lolita , you get the picture! Teddy is a grey based brown

Pros
The applicator is incredibly long and the applicator is ok
cheap
doesn't feather
lots of nice nude shades

Cons
Drying
accentuates lip lines
does not lasts with meals
has this chemical smell but wears off

Recommend?
Yeah its ok

on 9/20/2018 1:27:00 PM

The red-toned shades of this product are just insanely long lasting. I wore Ruffle Trim swimming and in the shower and it was still on my lips. It's also worth noting that the shades will look different on different people, for instance Ruffle Trim looks very red on me and is super flattering. My sister admired it and bought it only to have it show up more tan and more pink on her.

on 9/4/2018 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8.5/10

I have one of these, in the shade Ruffle Trim. It's a peachy-brown. I find that some liquid lipsticks are moussey and some are liquidy - this is one of the liquidy ones. I actually prefer that style of LL, I find them more comfortable than the moussey ones (eg. Soft Matte Lip Cream). This goes on opaque and dries quickly. It's comfortable and doesn't crack unless you apply too much. They're very reasonably priced and don't leak (something I've found prevalent in LLs and lip glosses).

I would purchase more shades.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product in Exotic. I love the SMLC in Rome but that doesn’t last long on the lips. This one does but it is drying so I put Vaseline as lip balm beforehand and it works perfectly. I wear this to mass and at communion, I drink wine afterwards and the people do wipe after you drink, right? They were surprised to see nothing had transferred to the cup. hahahahaha. Would rebuy.

on 8/10/2018 8:58:00 AM

I have this in exotic and I truly love the color, it is a go-to. However, it makes my lips pretty dry and doesn't really last that long for a liquid lip.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a fan of this product at all. The colors are great but the formula leaves much to be desired. It accentuates all the lines in my lips and dries too quickly. It wears in the inner lips but doesn’t let me reapply easily. It’s also very sticky. I should have known I wouldn’t like this. I’m more of a satin finish kind of girl. I only bought this because I thought it would be a light formula since it was supposed to be as if I have nothing on your lips. Good thing I only bought one to try...Bedtime Flirt. Color is gorgeous but the formula just sucks.

on 7/9/2018 5:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

i own 2 colours from this line, and i ADORE them. the colours are gorgeous, altough the formula is quite dry while applying it never bothers me while it's on my lips! it actually feels like i have nothing on my lips. overall, this is actually one of the best liquid matte lipsticks on the market.

This is a beautiful aesthetically pleasing product, i have bedtime flirt but whats strange about it is sometimes i love it and other times it just doesnt look nice? I think if you layer too much on it can begin to look grey but what i like to do is i like to get the Sleek Matte Me in the shade Birthday suit put that on and then put a thin layer of Nyx Lip Lingerie in bedtime flirt on top and its one of my favorite lip combos.
Scent, okay, stay on power, amazing. Nice product. Bit pricey but if theres a special occasion ill splurge on it.