NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie

NYX Professional Makeup Lip Lingerie

3.3

on 4/16/2018 6:16:00 PM

Bought the shades “ Beauty Mark” which is a deep brown and “ Bedtime flirt” which is a mauve pink. I really liked these at first until after a while I noticed they felt really dry but sticky at the same times on my lips and they would crumble and was really hard to take off. Basically my lips looked like a butthole. I wouldn’t purchase again unless they was a new formula because the shades was really nice

on 4/3/2018 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love these colors but the formula is so crappy! It breaks apart so quickly in the inner lip. I have super dry lips and these just make them drier. I tried applying the thinnest layer and still it faded in the ugliest way. These are way too high maintenance for me.

on 3/12/2018 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I enjoy using this product, nice classy nude shade, glides on too creamy but dries on Matte, is matte like a high end brand of lipstick which I like a lot...packaging is cute and discreet so that I can pack it in my purse without bulk or messiness

on 3/3/2018 1:03:00 AM

I really like the color 07; I like nude lipsticks in anything. I wait for it to dry out, then put a little chapstick over the top (because it is very matte and drying), but then I find it to be one of the most satisfying lipsticks that I've had. But if I didn't layer, my lips would be way too dry. Because it is cheap, anyone can afford this look.

I have mixed feelings about this. I own Ruffle Trim and do wear it on a regular basis, but then, I only have two lipsticks, lol.

Pros:
-Great coverage
-Nude shades for everyone
-Lasts and isn't noticeable on me if it does wear off

Cons:
-Drying as all heck
-Accentuates lip creases/the chapped lips it will give you

I'm on the fence about if I would get this again or not. I wouldn't rule it out but in all likelihood, I would try a different brand or just regular lipstick, in other words circle around the lipstick block before I'd reconsider.

on 2/20/2018 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I received the Lip Lingerie in the shade Exotic. The cost for a tube is normally $7, but I received it for free as part of a Black Friday shopping promotion. Although it is a very cheap product, I can honestly say that I am glad I did not spend my own money on it. This liquid lipstick is a cream that dries down, but does not seem to quite fill in all of the space on the lips. It is not fully transfer proof on hands or on a drinking glass and it does not hold up at all against food. It also is weak against water. The applicator is also an odd shape and at an odd angle. While not everyone likes the typical doe foot applicator on most liquid lipsticks, the Lip Lingerie applicator will be more difficult for people to use. Although the product is cheap and the color is pretty, I would not repurchase this or recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this in Exotic, which can look either like a brownish burgundy or a burgundy plum, depending on your lip color and skin tone. It's a beautiful color, is affordable and cruelty free, has a fantastic wand and is highly pigmented.

The problem is that it makes my lips stick together like glue. O_O I literally have to wait for them to peel apart when I open my mouth.

So uh...no.

I tried putting Nyx's Liquid Suede Tea & Cookies on top of it since it's a different formula, but that doesn't work very well. Bummer, but at least their other products are great.

Since they're bunny savers by being cruelty free, they get 3 stars. Otherwise it would be 1 star for this product.

on 2/13/2018 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought and returned Ruffle Trim and Bedtime Flirt. Both formulas are very drying - my mother noticed how dry my lips looked, and she never notices things about makeup - and as a result, they accentuate lip lines. Wear time is fine, it just looks bad.
As for color, neither of them really works on my light-medium (NC25 level) warm olive skin tone: Bedtime Flirt was described by the same makeup-blind parent as “sort of undertaker purple?”, and Ruffle Trim is brighter and more orangey than I’d like, while somehow also taking on a greyish-purple cast in some lights.

on 2/9/2018 12:31:00 PM

I have this lipstick in shade scandalous, a really cool grey that somehow shows up slightly brownish on my lips. Ive only worn it a couple times and I feel like there is both pros and cons to this. Pros: It's not nearly as dry as I was expecting it to be (from reading online reviews), really, Im a picky person when it comes to lips feeling dry and to me this doesnt feel like it dries out my lips at all, it almost feels like im not wearing anything cause its so thin. t' completely tranfser proof and dries down sooo much quicker than the liquid suede. Cons: Its very thing so the coverage isnt as high as the liquid suede, it also accentuates lines more, so make sure to have well moisturized lips. Also, the formula is a bit thick, if that makes sense cause it does apply very thin, but the formula just somehow makes it hard to get out of the packaging, and so the applicator never holds enough product. It is also extremely difficut to apply, at least to me, that could be due to the applicator though.

on 1/16/2018 4:25:00 PM

Formulas really long lasting not a huge fan of the applicator it’s a straight wand w/o a slant, which makes it hard to apply with. Overall good product, exotic is the only colour I can wear though

Popular Lipsticks