Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

Coco MademoiselleCoco MademoiselleCoco Mademoiselle

4.3

on 2/19/2017 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My first thought on smelling the EDP was 'it's a more girly Angel!' Since I've never been able to decide whether I like Angel or whether it smells like what I imagine a nuclear explosion would be, this is a nice alternative. I actually like the drydown best, once the slightly-overwhelming patchouli note chills out a bit and the sweet, creamy florals step up.

on 10/30/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been waiting for the day to get this and now i finally have it! I love all of chanels perfumes, but this one is different from the others, still very classy with a woody yet mandarin/orange like scent. It makes me feel ten times better just spraying it on. It's my 'citrus princess' as i like to call it. It makes me feel special just wearing it. If you aren't into citrus, maybe you should try another chanel perfume, but for those who love woody yet citrusy scents, I'd fork out the money for the citrus princess. You deserve it right? ;)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Long term fan of Chanel Coco and I love it for fancy nights when I am going to go out. Gorgeous perfume and I get so many compliments while using it.

on 5/2/2016 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My HG fragrance. It is very feminine and classy. Definitely not a super young fragrance, and subtle enough to wear to the office. The price is high for what it is, and the largest bottle is, typically the best deal.

on 4/8/2016 9:38:00 AM

Beautiful scent , packaging and perfume bottle , working in fragrance this is very popular,

But i think people forget just how strong chanel can be and therefore use it incorrectly and hate it .

I love love love Chanel perfumes, they smell amazing and last such a long time. And best of all, they don't go all weird and change scent on my skin like some do!
From Mademoiselle I smell hints of a citrus type base (light), followed by musk and vanilla notes and finally a rose aftertaste is left.
This is truly the best perfume Chanel have made, by far. Love it !!

on 11/27/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

First off Chanel fragrances are hands down my favorite high end perfumes, they always have the best longevity and quality and this one is no exception. I had my eye on Coco Mademoiselle for atleast 4-6 months, it's very expensive (92 dollars for 1.7 oz) and I always would talk myself out of buying it but finally I caved and I'm so glad I did. It's become one of my all time favorite perfumes. It's completely different than what I usually go for but now that I'm maturing I think my taste is changing. I would describe this as an oriental citrus floral. It's very sophisticated, very feminine and very expensive smelling. This is probably something you would wear for a wedding or a special occasion or date night but I love it enough that I wear it as my every day fragrance. I've heard some describe this as "old-ladyish" which I personally have never felt this fragrance was too mature or old-ladyish in the slightest. It's kind of in the middle of the road between the original Coco and Chance Eau Tendre. It's not as dark and daring as the original Coco but more grown and classy than the Chance line which is very spring/summer fun fragrances such as Eau Tendre. It's very appropriate for women in their 20s-40s although age doesn't really matter. The citrus, patchouli and Tonka bean are what are most noticeable to my nose with this fragrance. For me the best part about this perfume is the lasting power and the silage. I wore this in Sephora the other day and a woman walked by me with her daughter and said "that girl smells really good". If you don't spray too much, it's not overwhelming, it has a presence but it's not loud and obnoxious. This is by far the longest lasting fragrance that I own, I will smell like this from the moment I spray it to the next morning when I shower again. I sprayed this on a coat of mine and for days I could still smell it on the sleeve, it also stays in my hair like no other. That alone to me makes the perfume worth the price tag. Also the bottle is stunning and looks so pretty on my dresser. I know this fragrance is very popular and A LOT of women wear it, so if you want something unique and out of the box this might not be for you but I don't care if I smell like every other woman at the mall, the scent is that good. All in all this gets a 10/10, this will definitely be a staple fragrance for me for years to come.

TLDR:
Notes: Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Mandarin Orange, Turkish Rose, Jasmine, Mimosa, Ylang -Ylang, Vetiver, Opoponax, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Musk.
What I smell the most: Patchouli, Tonka Bean, and the Citrus notes.
Described as: Oriental Sweet Floral
Prices: 1.2oz ($77) 1.7oz ($92) 3.4 ($122)
Packaging: 5/5
Best suited for: Special Occasions
Night time or Day time: both
Longevity: 5/5
Silage: 5/5
Found at: Dillards, Ulta, Macys, Sephora online, Saks 5th Avenue

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

So I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and I love it. It seems to be a love/hate product (my mom cannot stand the smell, she gets annoyed if I wear it around her), but I am firmly on the "love" side. It's a rich, spicy, powdery scent. Coco Mademoiselle is still mature and sophisticated, but I find it more youthful than some of Chanel's other perfumes (No. 5 is my grandma's signature perfume and I just cannot disassociate the two, although I know some younger people love it). I find the smell doesn't linger as long as some of my other perfumes, but I tend to use it more if I'm going out at night, so that doesn't matter to me as much. It also has a more romantic feel to it, which I love!

on 12/11/2014 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scent. Its way too popular though and I'd not buy it again simply because Yves de Sistelle Sanderling is a cheaper, amazing smell alike (it's actually better, IMO) :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Tested Coco Mademoiselle, once again, magically hoping drydown would be similar to the first spritz.

Top notes are a sophisticated, feminine, citrusy floral. Stunning. Drydown; however, is another story. I begin to smell the patchouli more, and more. As the patch comes forth, I can smell it overriding the citrusy floral. This stunning fragrance dries down to a dirty hippie smell. SO disappointed.

If I could find a fragrance similar to Coco Mademoiselle, minus the patch, or at least much less patch, would be so happy.

Rating this with two lippies because top and middle notes bode well with my body chemistry.

Popular Fragrances