Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.7

on 8/17/2014 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

So many reviews of this already and they all differ. Personally I love this, but stopped wearing it at the height of its popularity as it felt like every woman I passed had it on.

I've recently gone back to Coco Mademoiselle and it seems to particularly spark attention from men, I receive many compliments when wearing it.

Some people complain about the Patchouli but I think it works well in Coco Mademoiselle.

For me it is a great all round perfume, chic and modern.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love this fragrance! I'm not sure how ANYone could dislike it..
Its so fresh and sexy... Lasts ages,and I always get compliments when I wear it... My husband loves it! I've rebrought it 4 times now and its very unusual for me to do that.
But its always one I go back to. Smells very expensive and sophisticated... Would suit absolutely anyone. Nothing matches this in my opinion, I never tire of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This fragrance was released when I was at uni, and 21 myself. I remember something about it being created as an approximation of what Coco herself would have worn at 21, if she were a modern women. She wouldn't have worn this, of course, as it's too tame and generic, but in the case of Coco Mademoiselle, that's not an insult.
I live in London and I smell this in 'the City' (the bankers, lawyers, business part of town) which always surprises me as it's (i) a little young, and (ii) not exactly a power scent. I suppose it's worn by anyone wanting to be a little coy.
And my ex's girlfriend wore it. You need to be aware that most people will have memories of this scent. My housemate wore it. Me, I've had three bottles over the years - one, bought by my parents, so it's special to me. Oh, and another ex boyfriend's sister wore it, though she now wears Infusion d'Iris. So, you need to be able to own this scent or you might bring someone else to mind.
It's very well-blended, and candied above any other note, though I get grapefruit, orange and vetiver almost as much as the sugary patchouli. I've worn it in the edp and edt; the latter is aquatic and a little more bitter.
I wear Chance more often than Mademoiselle, because I enjoy the weird masculinity of the former (and they are quite similar) and it's less worn, at least in London, I think. They're both exemplary offerings of the sweet patchouli genre and effervescent, joyful scents to wear.

on 3/1/2014 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have worn this fragrance since 2002, umpteen bottles later and I still adore it. I wear other fragrances but always have a bottle of this, it makes me feel comfortable, great for everyday and going out. I love the fact that it's feminine but also has a masculine air to it. I still get compliments on it after all these years and can't imagine ever getting bored with this fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have had only samples, but really love this scent! The edp is too strong for me, so I prefer the edt. I will be purchasing a bottle soon to add to the collection :)

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

LOVE this perfume. So elegant yet fun!!!!! Its on my gift wishlist lol!

on 5/6/2011 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

New classic. Floral, woody, androdg. A dab will do. Worth the price, smells spensive!

on 6/14/2010 5:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This fragrance is nothing short of a masterpiece.. not to say that I don't prefer other scents more though, I do, my favourite is TM Angel, followed by JPG Classique and Pink Sugar, but at one point I did think I had found and wanted this to be my signature scent. While I don't have the perfume any more I have the body spray and body oil. The reason I am writing this review is that I recently smelled this on a girl I work with and it smelt soo good on her. I absolutely love Chanel and as with all of their products find this perfume absolutely timeless and the quality is outstanding. I also find coco mademoiselle to have excellent silage and staying power. It is sexy but ladylike at the same time, sophisticated but also still a youthful scent and flirtatious yet suitable for work etc. It's very feminine too. I recognize this when I smell it on someone yet I have to admit that it smells different on everybody too. The only thing that made me go off of this fragrance years back was that I felt I could smell oranges, and once you pick up on something you sometimes can't help but notice it constantly from then on. But there is a really nice "warm" quality about this scent which is so comforting and smelling this for the first time in years on another girl makes me so want another bottle of this again, but I know that I have way too many perfumes to warrant this :(. It makes me feel very 'safe' and expensive, whereas when I wear something like BS Fantasy I just feel a bit tacky. I am seriously going to try and use up some perfumes so I can warrant buying this again, in my opinion everyone should own at least one perfume by Chanel in their lifetime.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Oh if I only had a job to go ahead and buy this I would. It it a beautiful scent. A friend of mine wears it and it smells incredible on her. It smells young, fresh, and sophisticated. I only wish so many people didn't wear it. That maybe the main reason why I'll never take the plunge and buy it. As weird as that sounds, I have met more than a dozen people who wear this fragrance. Actually, you may want to multiply that by at least three if you add co-workers, teachers, mothers of potential boyfriends, family of friends and my pediatrician a few years ago...I don't like to smell like everyone. I just don't feel it. I do think this would be a great starter fragrance for a teenager or a person in their 20s. Coco Mademoiselle is really captivating fragrance overall.

I LOVE this perfume!

The bottle looks beautiful and the smell is amazing.

Everybody who smells it on me do compliment me on my perfume choice!!!
It is really the best perfume I've ever had !!!!

Popular Fragrances