Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette

4.3

I really like the colors in this palette, basically imagine modern renaissance by Anastasia but more muted. I think the little heart shape pans are so cute and the packaging itself is sturdy and durable. I was sad to see this no longer part of the Too Faced line but I feel like thats how it goes when I find a product that I like. The colors blend well and have that nice chocolate smell signature to Too Faced products. I think that when this palette came out there wasn't much like it but now there are several palettes floating around with the same color range. Naked 3 is that nice Rose Gold hues and Modern Renaissance also has a similar shade range. However, if you like cute and different packaging this is for you!

on 12/2/2018 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I’m really glad I bought this at tj maxx for a discount. If I paid full price, I would have returned it. I find it to not be very pigmented. I struggle to build up color pay off and definition on my eyes. I’ve had the best luck packing the shades on with my finger then blending them out with a brush. I tried to do a smokier look and it ended up getting muddy. The darker shades are not pigmented enough. I was eventually able to save the look by dipping into another palette. I also struggle to keep it on my eyes. I find it fades. I’ve been reaching for my other eyeshadows over this. I’m curently using a wet n wild eye primer I’m not too keen on. I want to try using a different eye primer.

Chocolate Bon Bons palette by Too Faced is an absolutely adorable eyeshadow palette. It comes in a pink metal case and each of the shadow pans are shaped like a love heart (with the exception of Satin Sheets and Divinity). The shadows are mostly great quality but there are some duds unfortunately (Earl Grey and Blackcurrant), though the majority of the shades are excellent. Stand out shades include Satin Sheets, Totally Fetch, Cafe Au Lait, Molasses Chip, Cotton Candy and Almond Truffle. The majority of the shades are cool-toned, a nice change in a market dominated by warm palettes! Fair and cool toned girls will love this palette. You can definitely do a lot of natural everyday looks, subtly smokey looks and fun pop-of-color looks with this palette, making it a great palette to have on hand. It also has a delicious chocolate scent, but I believe the scent is milder than Too Faced's other scented palettes. I absolutely love this palette, it is great addition to my collection.

Pros

Packaging
Scent (vanilla-y, not overwhelming)
Molasses Chip (metallic gold)
Almond Truffle (light taupe transition matte)
Satin Sheets (gorgeous pink-toned gold highlight)
Totally Fetch (unusual hot pink—more usable than you’d think)

Cons

Cashew Chew (doesn’t show up at all)
Sprinkles (a washed out version of cotton candy, which is already light)
Cafe Au Lait (more glitter than pigment, fades fast)

Overall, despite so many people raving about these being very pigmented, they were middle of the road. I find Too Faced shadows difficult to apply—they don’t always blend well.

It’s a decent palette overall, but if it weren’t for the packaging/scent/marketing, I’m not sure I would buy it.

I am not impressed. I am not a big fan of the too faced formulas, since I always find them to sit a bit weird on the eye, almost like they are too powdery. There are some shades that I enjoy from the palette, like the two matte brown shades and the taupe, but I generally don't enjoy the rest of them. I also find that some of the shades would have been better off being other formulas, like the pink one maybe being a true matte rather than a satin and I find that the shimmers look awful on my eyes. I like the mirror and the smeel, but find the packaging a bit tacky

on 9/18/2017 7:05:00 PM

Okay, so if your like me the packaging was a totally turn off at first. Rectangles and hearts just don't mix (actual shadows), and it felt a little like kid makeup (sorry not sorry) but this product is great quality! I love this palette, smells amazing, and applies amazing, and long wearing! Only shades I pass on is the pink and grey, due to application problems!

This is not my first Too Faced palette. Since my skin runs on a little warm I had wanted a warm-toned palette. So I tried the Semi-Sweet first and hated it. Most of those colors were too dark and I could never get an eye look to actually look good. I tried the Peanut Butter palette next and didn’t like that either - most of the shades were so glittery - glitter fall-out everywhere! I was going to give up on Too Faced and then I was talked into the Bon Bon palette. I looove this palette so much. It's not the warm colors I was looking for, but with my fair complexion it's so much more flattering. So if you're more on the fair side I would recommend it. You might have to work a little for color payout for lighter shades, but I actually appreciate that – I’m not looking for super saturated color. There are only 2 shades I never use: pecan praline (too cool-toned gray for me) and Café Au-Lait, as there is a lot of glitter fall-out. I’ve even used Totally Fetch (if I want to slightly intensify the lighter pink colors or just bright a little warmth to an eye look) and Earl Gray (as a liner or to smoke out an eye look). I took off a lippie, as I think this palette is pretty pricey.

on 3/27/2017 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hate to be a Debbie downer... these shades do not work for me. It swatches amazing but... there's no pigment when you apply with a brush onto your eye. I was so excited about "cafe au lait" but it's just glitter fall out when applied. "Cotton candy" really caught my attention as a nice, cool tone pink. But I just can't get any pigment from it. I get the impression these shades would be great applied with fix plus or something, but it's so not worth the effort. There are many other great eyeshadow palettes with pigment that shows up when applied dry. There's nothing here that "wows" me.

This is a lovely product. It looks beautiful, it smells nice, most eyeshadows are pigmented and perform well. There are a few shades that are kinda dry, for example earl gray, pink fetched and black currant. All the other ones are amazing. What I like the most about it is that it goes beyond pink, you can create countless looks with it. I don´t know, however, if it would work for peole with darker complexion... For people who are debating between the Chocolate Bon bons and the Naked 3, I have a video that talks about it.

on 1/2/2017 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While some people criticize the packaging and heart shaped eyeshadow Pans to be tacky, I absolutely love the packaging! This is one of my first too faced eye shadow palettes and I unfortunately was not wowed by this, comparing it to UD naked 3 (as both seems to have rosy tones) Without an eye shadow primer, the shadows lasted me 3 hours (I have either oily or dry eyelids) and with an eye shadow primer (I use mac paint pot in painterly or too faced shadow insurance), it lasted for a good 5-6 hours before the color loses it vibrancy. Personally, I don't think the shadows' formula is consistent as there were hits and misses for me. A layer of film did form after a few uses on satin sheets and totally fetched. I had trouble getting pigment from totally fetched, sprinkles and cashew chews, but the other shadows worked just fine for me.