St. Ives Ultra Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/13/2010 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only reason why i wud never buy this product again is because ppl say these apricot scrubs lik tear your skin cuz of hard edges but if it werent for that reason, this is pretty nice for such a small price. the original one's formula is waaay harsh for my skin making it flakier and dryer after i use it so i use this one and this one makes my skin soft. for those who do not mind the idea of sharp edges haha this formula is great. the little exfoliating pieces also seem less harsh than the original, but i may just be imagining.

on 4/10/2006 2:37:00 AM

I love this product. It works great on my skin, you don't expect a scrub with granules to be that gentle, but it is. It gets off blackheads and unblocks pores and leaves my skin feeling super smooth. I use it every other day and it's kept my skin clear so far.

I have sensitive skin, dry on the sides but prone to oiliness on the T-zone and blocked pores, and this product does the trick in normalizing my skin and making sure my pores are clear at the same time.

I used to use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, but I found that it didn't work as well for me as St Ives. It didnt clear my skin as well, and I still had many bumps and blackheads even after months of using it. Plus, Daily Microfoliant is many many times more expensive than St Ives!

I have a friend who swears by the 'regular' version of this scrub, and uses nothing else to clean her face. I was debating between the medicated version (with salicylic acid) and the gentle version and I am glad I got the gentle version because on hindsight, I think the medicated version would have been to harsh on my skin. I've tried the regular version before and it was too rough to be used every other day for me.

I will definitely buy this product again after it finishes, although I can see that it will take some time, one tube of this scrub really goes a long long way. Fantastic product at a great price.

on 11/17/2004 12:30:00 PM

This scrub made my face break out :[ After three weeks of use it's the only thing I've added to my skincare routine, so it's definitely the culprit. I liked the gentle granules; a lot of scrubs are too rough for my skin. Very inexpensive product - $4 Cdn for a 150ml tube. But I don't think much of a product formulated for sensitive skin that makes my sensitive skin break out! Won't repurchase.

First of all, I bought this because my medicated scrub was finished and I want to buy something which is more gentle to my skin. I have chosen this because it claims 'ultra gentle'. Yes, it is gentle on my skin and it do it's scrub work TOO gentlely. I love the lovely citrus scent. After this, I bought the 2nd tube of medicated scrub. I gave this tube to my sister because she is sensitive skin and the GENTLE scrub is work on her.

love this!! my skin feels refreshed and clean but not taut after use. love the great smell too! this is also less abrasive than the medicated apricot scrub, which i use twice weekly. its pretty cheap too! what not to like?

on 6/20/2001 5:27:00 PM

My alternate to my avon clearskin scrub, this also has microbeads made of poly-ethylene for gentleness and smells wonderful. I use this every other day to exfoliate and keep my skin rosy.