St. Ives Ultra Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/23/2014 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally - a St. Ives apricot scrub that is less drying and less harsh. If you can find this version (not the "original" and certainly not the "blackhead reducing" varieties) try it on a patch of upper thigh or arm skin first and then proceed with caution. I have dry sensitive skin and "traditional" mechanical exfoliants are not my thing - but this one I can tolerate - and is actually good at the area "behind the nose" (the edges of the nose where pores can clog).

Not a HG but much better formula for me and inexpensive.

on 10/30/2013 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this product! Been using it for years now. This is not my everyday scrub, I use this about once a week... Keeps my face clean, smooth and young!

This product is absolutely rubbish I bought this a couple if days ago and I used it today and it has irritated my skin. My skin is now dry and it's feels like a rash on my face it is too rough for my skin

I accidently picked this up this product. I usually use, St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish And Blackhead Control. And since they look very similar, I got this one instead. I decided to try it out anyways. The one I usually use was amazing so I wanted to see if this one was too.

When I put started to put it on my face, I noticed a different between the products. This one was more of a liquidy type. When I usually use the other product, I leave it on for about four or five minutes until it dries. But when this one it dried very quickly. After I washed it all off my face, it was incredibly dry. I had to use a ton of moisturizer to even make it feel normal again.

I did not like how it made my skin so dry. And I didn't feel like it did anything to my face. I didn't like how it was all liquidy either. I will not be buying this product again.

on 5/27/2011 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Wouldn't use this on my face again, although it did a good job exfoliating. Not surprising given the huge, rough particles. I do worry about tearing my skin with this - the particles are so rough. It's great as a body scrub after epilating though!

on 6/12/2008 1:51:00 PM

I love this face scrub! I have been using it for years and will never use another! It's gentle yet effective. It also has a pleasant, not too over powering smell.

This is the only facial scrub i'll come back to as a standby time and time again. it has a great texture, velvety cream with not too many exfoliating grains, and it has a gorgeous almondy smell... it leaves my sensitive skin soft and glowing, without any irritation, even when used daily.

on 3/4/2007 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I started using the Apricot scrub years ago. I prefer to use this scrub on my body not my face. It can have a greasy feel on your face. This is a gentle scrub for the face but it might be for those with younger skin not skin that is sensitive, dry or older.

Miking plain baking soda with your cleanser might be more gentle.

I like St. Ives products. Inexpensive but they work.

In a nutshell, this product is not as effective as St. Ives regular apricot scrub as an exfoliator, nor as a cleanser. However, this product is alot gentler on sensitive skin, it DOES exfoliate a bit (altho for people like me with dryish skin who gets a bit flaky if not exfoliated enough, mixing this gentle scrub with a bit of the regular is quite effective and not as drying). It is great for not drying out the skin, so is recommended for people who have dry skin that should use creamy or moisturizing cleansers. I use Ponds cold cream as a moisturizer, and in winter it is great but in warm weather it is a bit heavy, and tends to block my pores and cause blackheads in the T zone. I also get enlarged pores by using moisturizers incl. sunscreen. This product has helped get rid of the blackheads, reduce the appearance of enlarged pores (which I normally do not have except in warm weather), and it does not leave my skin feeling tight. It is about as good a cleanser as I have found that is marketed for dry or sensitive skin, by not being overly drying, overly strong, or overpriced.
I can tell you this is an excellent make-up remover. Even around the eye area. It is not so 'scrubby' as to be somewhat painful around the eyes and eyelids like the original apricot scrub. I would continue using it if for no other reason than it being so good at removing all of my make-up without racoon eye remnants. As with all exfoliators, it is most effective when gently rubbed in circular motion for at least one minute. When I only did a quick scrub, the exfoliating properties were not very good. When I scrubbed longer, it was quite gentle, yet VERY effective. Paid about $4.00 at wal-mart. Is available at almost any drug or department store with a health and beauty section. It is the same type plastic squeeze tube as the original scrub, which is great, the only setback is that when you are almost out of product, you have to maneuver the tube a bit to get the final bit. To remedy this, when it is almost empty, I snip the crimped end of the tube off with scissors and get the last of it.
If you have skin that can handle the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub, I would recommend that one over this one ( for body and face NOT incl. the eye area). I used it for a long time, and still do. It has always been a fantastic cleanser, but as I near 30 yrs old, I find my skin is not as resilient and youthful as it once was, and this gentle cleanser is much better suited to my skin needs.

If the regular apricot scrub was too harsh for you, you'll live this one. This formula is much gentler and creamier. It leaves my skin baby-soft. It's a great product for an extremely reasonable price.