Neostrata Bionic Serum with PHA and Lactobionic Acid

Neostrata Bionic Serum with PHA and Lactobionic Acid

Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Lactobionic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Arginine, Retinyl (Vitamin A) Palmitate, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl (Vitamin C) Ascorbate, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for 1 year, try and try and try again with a hope that it might be helpful oneday. BUT, I think this product is NOT SUITABLE for acne-prone skins. According to www.cosdna.com, there is "Retinyl Palmitate" and "Butylene Glycol" in the ingredient list and these 2 cause acne and irritation.

So, it should be underlined in the product description that this shouldnt be used for acne prone young skins, however website of the Neostrata wrote it helps to cure acnes with %68. This is totally wrong. It creates even more acne and redness.

Also I could not see any difference in my skin texture. I think its harms are much more than its benefits both for your face and budget.

I dont recommend it for 18-35 years-old acne-prone oily skins. If you have not acne-prone skin and your face is mature, it may be benificial. But this is only a low probability since it does not create any difference on my eye zone or forehead which are the zones without acne.

Also, packaging is not suitable for acidic products. A small metal coverage under the pumper melted down after 6 months because of %10 PHA content. Another negative feauture, it is the most greasy, sticky product I have ever used. Once you put it on your face, your face starts to stretch and feels sticky as glue. So you can't wear makeup or anything else on it. You even cannot touch to your face and cannot spend more than 50 seconds while putting it on your face. If you try to increase this duration, your fingers starts to stick to your face and cannot move anymore (I have never seen such a serum/cream whatever product so far).

Lastly, its price is abnormally high for this useless, difficult-to-apply and acne-making product.
My opinion, I dont like it and never buy again.

on 1/16/2015 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have come back to this product after trying many other serums. I love it. It leaves my skin feeling firmer and seems to have helped soothe my rosacea. I'm going to have to stock up before I return to Europe!

EDIT:- nope. I've changed my mind. After a couple of weeks, I developed a very sore rash. I don't know what did it, but I've binned this product.

on 12/15/2011 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in a kit recommended for rosacea. I wanted to try other Neostrata items since I love the ultra moisturizing night cream. Yes, this goes on slightly sticky but it dries quickly and forms a film that is not drying or flaky. I don't use this under makeup, only at night because of that. In the morning my face looks noticeably improved with my red marks from breakouts diminished and my skintone more even. I have had an occasional breakout and it may be because of this serum so I have cut back to every other night. Undecided if I would buy again since I've only been using for a couple of weeks but I like what I'm seeing so far.

on 8/23/2011 1:53:00 AM

It seems didnt work for me. When I first open the bottle, the pump is broken ... It is very sticky to apply. I used it for one month and didnt see any improvement. This serum is on pricy side and I am not impressed by its performence at all.

My skin feels good after applying the serum at night.
Amazing.

Initially i disliked the sticky feeling. But these days, I diluted one squirt of the serum to 3 sprays of Evian/Uriage spring water. Feels just as good and not so sticky and easier to spread on the face.

on 11/20/2012 1:13:00 AM

Faithful use of this serum. Applying it overnight, my skin feels smooth and visibly clear.
Amazing.
If you find it too thick and sticky, I dilute the serum with Uriage Thermal Water so that it will spread easier.

on 8/30/2010 8:06:00 PM

UPDATE: Taking off a lippy. This created a whitehead/clogged pore purge the likes I've never seen before on my face. Practically every pore on my chin got clogged. Still dealing with the aftermath a month later. I think I can't handle the Retinyl Palmitate or the oily texture of this product.

Sigh. It seems like Neostrata works for everyone but me. I tried their Ultra Smoothing Lotion, which irritated me like nobody's business, and now I can say the same about the more "gentler" (supposedly) bionic serum. Caused redness and irritation-based little whiteheads/bumps. Can't believe they recommend this for rosacea. There is something about Neostrata's formulations that is super irritating, and I am using it on the least sensitive part of my skin! And the worst part (besides the fact that this is hella expensive) is that neither product ever cleared my acne, might have even made it worse. Even the pump sucked, broke on me twice, hard to pump out a small amount. Onward, to Garden of Wisdom, as I search for my HG acne fighter.

on 11/14/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it brighten my face up on the first time i use it. face feel pump up no clog pores. a little expensive for 30ml.will buy it again.

on 4/27/2011 5:55:00 AM

Absolutely hated this product. It was fairly expensive, felt sticky and horrid on the skin, and also broke me out! Maybe it is better for mature skin but something in this really disagreed with my skin. Will never touch this again...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

wonderfull
Vit C,E,A with good amount of a gentle exfoliant and the least preservatives and additionals,so simple and pure,the best thing that skin needs.
I reall love it and it helped with my acne,im 25 and I use it 3times per week at nights,It works great

Popular Face Skincare Products