La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Eye Contour

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra Eye Contour

4.2

Aqua, Glycerin, Squalane, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, Butyrrosperum Parkii, Butter, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinimide, Dimethicone, Pothmethylsilsequioxane, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryldimiethyl Taurate, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Acetyl Dipeptide-1 Cetyl Ester.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am reviewing the U.S. version that is labeled “Toleriane Ultra Yeux/Eyes”. I am not sure if the formula is any different from the similar product sold in other countries.
I like the packaging, designed to ensure the product stays air free, it’s like a plastic baby bottle liner that collapses as it empties, but some product will remain once it’s no longer dispensing and it’s diffcult to open and get out.
I find it to be just a bit more moisturizing than the toleriane ultra, which is also great to use around the eyes. I think if your skin does well with the toleriane ultra then the eye version is worth a try. I find it has been helping to keep my undereye from drying out on top of reducing crepiness on my upper eye lid.
I like to use the toleriane products when my skin is acting up and in need of a little tlc. My only complaint is they are not always hydrating enough for my very dry skin, and I need to add an additional misturizer on top.

on 3/24/2018 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

If your eyes are extremely sensitive to almost all eye creams in the market, then this would work for you. I tried from the most expensive to the cheapest brands of eye creams, but within seconds of applying them they immediately irritate my eyes and make them sore.

This however does not irritate. It does moisturize though, but not enough. Wish the texture was a bit thicker as it is way too light.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was really excited about this - great packaging, good value & seemingly non-irritating ingredients. However I was very disappointed because after a few days I was left with multiple red spots around my eye area. Very strange, especially as it is supposed to be for sensitive, intolerant skin. Needless to say I stopped using immediately. Thankfully, I was able to get an exchange & swapped for the Bioderma Sensibio eye cream

on 1/7/2018 6:49:00 PM

One of the best eye creams for younger and sensitive skin. I keep it in the fridge and use it in the morning. Contains one of my favorite ingredients niacinamide and has the best packaging.:)

on 9/12/2016 4:15:00 AM

I'm in my early 20s and have a few creases under my eyes that become very noticeable when my undereye area is dry. This eye cream helps a lot in terms of hydrating the skin. I wouldn't say it has done anything to the creases or fine lines specifically, but it does keep the skin moisturized for the entire day. The little pump bottle makes it excellent for travelling and is easy to control the amount dispensed.

on 8/27/2016 4:07:00 AM

I'm 50/50 about this product. It's just okay.

I bought the Toleriane Ultra Eye Contour when I had dry eyelids this winter and desperately needed to restore the moisture. Too much eye shadow use combined with cold weather had left my eyelids dry and flaky. Sadly my lids were not relieved with this product, even when I applied this numerous times during the day for numerous days. I ended up using vaseline on my lids, and that barrier method worked very well in restoring the balance.

I found this product works nice as a primer directly under my eyes before I apply foundation. The formula did not irritate my sensitive eyes and skin, so that was good. There was no scent either, which was nice. But as a moisturiser I think this product fails. Also the cream was quite expensive, and you don't get that much product.

I probably won't buy again just for the reason that it didn't do what I wanted - rehydrating my eyelids after a day of makeup.

on 4/25/2016 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

ADORE THIS! Makes my undereye plump and smooth. I feel better putting this on. It also reduces puffiness!

on 3/16/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love at first try! Soothing gel-cream consistency. Moisturizes and calms skin. I use a retinoid (Differin) around my eyes and this soothes my delicate skin if I've gone overboard with that. Great under makeup too. Hygienic packaging. Great price for this quality. For quite some time I had felt that French pharmacy brands were lagging behind in the field of eye creams. Some love Avene's soothing eye cream, I felt it was not advanced/sophisticated enough - it felt like any Avene cream. This LRP Toleriane cream is something completely different. Love it so far.

on 2/21/2016 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin around my eyes. This is a lovely moisturiser that has helped with fine lines and doesn't cause a reaction. Thumbs up!

on 1/22/2016 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My skin is very sensitive and I experience a lot of dryness in winter. This winter things got so bad I can't even use micellar waters to remove eye makeup any more (I switched to a cream cleanser, also by LRP), as they were drying my eye area even more.
I started using this and two days in my eye area was already balanced and moisturised. No more dry patches, redness or soreness.
It just saved my eye area, really.
I use it twice - morning and evening.

It comes in a nice pump bottle - you have to be gentle when squeezing or too much could come out due to the runny texture, almost like a lotion. Funny story - the first pump squeeze to open it up was a fail, it splattered everywhere. I don't know if I had a dud bottle or if it's a problem with the first pump squeeze in general so be warned.

Other than that, immensely happy with this, would repurchase definitely.