Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 3/21/2017 12:53:00 PM

I have seriously tried every brow product at Sephora and this beats them all! It looks so natural and makes my brows look fuller. They're VERY sparse. I use brown and my sister uses blonde. Her eyebrows are almost clear and it actually makes it look like she has eyebrows!! LOL The brush is tiny, so I feel like I can actually get to al the hairs. I just wish you got a little bit more product, but I guess maybe it would dry up too fast or something. Whatever the case, I will always repurchase because I love it. I'm not sure if you're allowed to share coupons here, but here is one for 20% off your first purchase: http://bff.glossier.com/fgIvK. It's not my code, just the one I used on MY first purchase. Please delete if not allowed!

I LOVE THIS. On those weeks where i've had my brows done, this is the only product I put on my brows. It makes my eyebrows just slightly darker and it doesn't chip off ugly on my eyebrows. I like using the black version the most because I'm asian with dark hair but I've also used the brown ver and it looks pretty much the same. I will say that it runs out pretty easily and it's really expensive for its size in my opinion. Still would re-buy though! I like how it doesn't add fibres to my eyebrows like the gimme brow by Benefit does so it's really natural and I appreciate that.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Forumla:

Love this formula. The formula has a mostly dry consistency, which I really like because I hate wet brow gels (like ABH). I especially hate brow gels that don't set, and this sets but it isn't stiff. It is most comparable to Benefit Gimme Brow, which has a very similar formula. The one difference is that Glossier product as a whole doesn't dry out in the tube quickly like Gimme Brow does, so lasts way longer. This is why I would choose Boy Brow over Gimme Brow.

Colour:

Brown is the only colour I have tried. I like the colour, it isn't my favourite. I have dark brows and want to keep the colour ashy. Glossier Boy Brow isn't a warm toned colour, but it isn't the most ashy I have found (ABH is more ashy, but a worse formula and I would rather have less ashy brows than put up with a crap formula). I live in Australia and can only get it when my sister goes to the US (which is frequently) I would get her to pick up the next darkest shade but that is black so I am thinking that could be wayyyy too dark. A Taupe or a Granite colour would be nice? So maybe thats a downfall. Not a great shade range (ABH best shade range).

Packaging:

Love it. Glossier packaging is minimal and chic. Lots of people think it feels cheap? For me that isn't an issue, it feels weighted and has a nice silver lid. Great wand as well, very similar to Gimme Brow. Grips the hair and coats all brow hairs, small enough to get nice and precise. It is the best.

Price:

A good price for a high end feeling product. As compared to other gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

I think Glossier is a better product than Gimme Brow, and they are marketed as a similar thing (volumizing brow gel, similar wand etc). It is also considerably cheap in AUD, and has a little bit more product.

All in all, Glossier is probably my favourite coloured brow gel. At the moment I have moved towards clear gels (NYX is my favourite) but for a bold look or an evening look I will always do a coloured gel and this is what I am choosing. Its a shame that its so hard to get is Australia.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Another Glossier product I wanted to love.

There was a lot of hype around this product so I finally caved and purchased this in black. I love that the tube is so tiny and that the brush is also very tiny. I have sparse brows and need to fill them in everyday. This is great for holding the hairs in place for me—like a hair gel. It was horrible for filling in my brows hence 3 stars.

The coloring was right and the product itself I liked. When you applied it, looks like little hairs and after it dries, it does not budge (pros and cons here). However, I cannot use this by itself. It makes my brows look even sparser than is because it cannot fill in where the hair does not grow.

I find that if I combine this w/ my NYX Brow Pencil, they make the perfect duo. NYX helps me to shape and fill in extremely sparse areas. Then going over my brows with this gives it a bushier/fuller look without looking too unnatural.

With that being said, for $16, will not purchase again. I can get by just fine using NYX and Clio Tinted Kill Brows—both cheaper than Boy Brow combined.

Hands down the best brow gel I have ever used. This grooms, fills in and provides hold to my long, untrimmed brows. I love how this beefs up my brows in between tinting them, and I like that it doesn't clump or get crunchy and stuff.

on 2/26/2017 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Got this in black. I have very oily sensitive skin and this boy brow works just fine. Little goes a long way. Do not fade, budge or anything it just stay where it is all day. Im impressed. However, price is a bit too high for only 0.11oz product you got.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brow gel is awesome because it has tiny fibers in it that make your brows look thick but not crunchy or gloopy. I have thin dark brows and dark brown hair and I was worried that the darkest black shade would be too dark but it's not, it makes great. The brush on this is tiny and it makes it easy to get that feathered look. This is probably my favorite glossier product but I will say it's a tiny tiny little tube for the price of 18 dollars.

on 1/14/2017 2:58:00 PM

As someone who prefers a natural look, the Boy Brow is a product I love to use on an everyday basis for its functionality. It lightly tints, shapes, and holds your brows in place without being heavy, artificial, or sticky. One con is that it comes in only three shades, since the blonde is a bit too light while the brunette is far too dark for my brow colour, but I see that more as a personal problem. The packaging and applicator are easy to take in your purse or pack for travel, since everything is together in one tube. Overall, this is a great, low maintenance product that I would definitely recommend to anyone searching for a new brow tamer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've had mixed results trying Glossier products. This one was a miss for me. I was looking for a product to fill in my eyebrows. I like the idea of a mascara-type brush, but I honestly don't see much of a difference after I applied it.

on 12/23/2016 10:15:00 AM

So first things first, this tiny tube came in a GIANT box stuffed with the pink Glossier bubble pouch, a product sample, stickers, and a poster (why? what would anyone do with a poster?) in addition to the actual product. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have lower prices (or a larger tube) than all this shiz...though my daughter enjoyed decorating her toy farm with Glossier stickers.

Aside from that, I do like Boy Brow. Probably more so than most other brow products I've tried. I have full, dark brows that just need a little grooming and taming, so my needs aren't that serious. I also prefer a more natural looking brow. I got the Black shade. This has a thick waxy texture that's not too waxy, goopy, or slippery. The brush is the perfect tiny shape. It wrangles my brows into place all day with minimal effort. I'd say it does add some fullness, but the biggest benefit for me is that all day hold with no crispy texture or weird shine. The Black is indeed a nice soft black with no warm tones (glorious) - the possiblity to go overboard full on Groucho Marx is there but I think the Medium would've been too light. I just make sure to wipe off the excess before applying.

Biggest pros: actual all day hold, easy application, good shade, soft & natural looking
Biggest cons: price, size

The price wouldn't bother me so much if there weren't so much visual evidence as to where my money is actually going...the product itself is pretty great though, and I will most likely repurchase.

Popular Brows Products