Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 6/14/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like this a lot, but I don't love it as much as other people seem to. I don't get either the 'feathery' look or a 'bulky' look to my brows. For me, its a tinted brow gel pretty much like other tinted brow gels except I like the small applicator of the product. Product claims to be "all-in-one brow fluffer, filler, and shaper" but I find it only does 2/3 of what its supposed to. But it does those two things well so I'm giving it a 4.

Pro:
Small applicator head allows control when using
Holds my brows sufficiently (so fulfils grooming claim of product)
Colour (brown) works to add some definition without necessarily having to add powder or pencil. (fulfuls 'filling in' claim of product)

Con:
Not readily available and when buying online it was quite expensive for me in Aus ($40). I know this isn't applicable for those who have access to glossier but its a con for me.
I don't get any 'boy brows'. It doesn't thicken my brows unless I put multiple coats on but then it looks unnatural rather than feathery/fluffy and full.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing brow product!! Before discovering this, my brow routine included Maybelline's Brow Drama, a brow pencil, and then concealer. Now, all I need to use is Boy Brow! It reduced the time my brow routine takes significantly. It's amazing! I don't have thin brows, but they're not super thick either. It fills in my sparse spots, while giving me the "fluffy" brow look effortlessly. The brush is efficient, and is super small, which I like. The only downside is how much product you get, the tube is kind of small for the price. For $18, I'd like to get a little more product. But, you can use my link for 20% off your next Glossier purchase! :) http://bff.glossier.com/fFJMf

on 6/10/2017 8:23:00 PM

This is my HG eyebrow product. I'll never go back to Benefit or Anastasia again.

It LASTS AND LASTS. I have greasy skin and makeup never stays on my skin for more than a few hours. This stuff legitimately lasts for 16 hours. Doesn't smear, either.

It's kind of waxy, which I like, because it holds hairs in place.

Other eyebrow products have often made me break out in the eyebrows area (I have super acne-prone skin). I don't notice an increase in breakouts with this product.

Rest of Glossier's products are super underwhelming and seemingly basic, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Not much else to say here—I just love it and see no reason to continue searching for the perfect brow product. Seriously, it lasts sooooo long. if you want 20% off use this link: http://bff.glossier.com/fEw12

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think I'm in the minority here. Bought this in brunette. PRO'S: doesn't dry out at quickly as Gimme Brow by Benefit, Small brush, keeps brows in place fairly well CON'S: too warm toned, I don't find it to really have the same "fiber" texture like gimme brow just more of a tinted gel. I won't be repurchasing even though this is cheaper, Gimme Brow is more accessible and gives a better result/color for the same exact hold.

I have this in blonde, and it is absolute perfection. It is the perfect shade (most are too dark for me), and fills in my brows in the most natural way without being too intense. Has cut my brow prep time in half-- this is all I need now! Use my link for 20% off! http://bff.glossier.com/fBHqI

on 5/26/2017 11:01:00 AM

I am sold on this stuff - it's really sexy. I was previously just using a drugstore brand transparent eyebrow gel, and this stuff is a significant upgrade. It really makes my brows look thicker and fuller. I have brown hair but quite black eyebrows. I bought it in brown, and it works, but I think black would be better for me, so I'll get that next time. My one extremely minor complaint is, the little brush part itself is very short, and sometimes product accumulates on the end of it, and can blob onto my skin. I think this is more my lack of skills than the product itself. You can use my link to get 20% off your first order - please delete if not allowed! I did use someone's link to get 20% off my first order, so it does work ! http://bff.glossier.com/fz0E5

on 5/18/2017 11:27:00 PM

I love this product! I've been using the Anastasia Brow Power Duo for years and recently bought this product after reading so many great reviews about it. I will forever use the boy brow! I have asian black hair and the shade in Brown is perfect. The application is so easy and the product really lasts all day. I grade this an A++++!

on 5/14/2017 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Holy grail brow gel hands down. This stuff makes my brows look so amazing and natural, while adding tint and just the perfect amount of gel to make them look thicker. I've tried other brow gels before and they always get really hard and flakey by the end of the day, but boy brow doesn't! It goes on so easily and you really don't need a lot. My only gripe with this is the price you pay for the amount you get, it really is a small tube and doesn't last very long. But it's oh so worth it and I will continue to repurchase. To get 20% off your first purchase and chop down on that $16 price tag use my link!! http://bff.glossier.com/fvQwJ xoxo

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Long lasting, easy and fast to apply, looks great. Would buy again and rec to friends. Love this stuff.

on 5/5/2017 12:18:00 AM

UPDATE: I also got boy brow in the brown shade and I prefer brown so much more than black. It just looks more natural. FYI, I'm asian (NW20) with black hair. Second, after using this product for a while now, I will have to say it's kind of goopy so you just have to be careful about applying it. I apply it first toward the tail end of my brows, then the front so I don't catch too much product. I still like it more than Gimme Brow because I think Glossier's fiber effect is better.

I also have Benefit's Gimme Brow in Deep and I prefer this one much more. I have Boy Brow in Black (purchased in Glossier Phase 2 set). It's very similar in that it's a fiber gel. Gimme Brow was great in the beginning but then you lose a lot of the product because it starts to dry and clump. It's also cheaper than Gimme Brow. I can't use this product alone (same with gimme brow). I have to still fill in my brows with Anastasia pomade, then use Boy Brow to give my brows more depth and lengthen the hairs.

IN COMPARISON
Benefit's Gimme Brow: $24 for 0.10oz
Anastasia Brow Gel: $22 for 0.32oz
Glossier's Boy Brow: $16 for 0.11oz

PROS
Fibers give brows more depth and lengthens hair
Good price

CONS
Still have to use pomade to fill in brows
A little goopy