3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 days ago

I obviously bought into the hype since I purchased this product ... but my overall impression is that this product is very meh. Kinda clumpy at times - which is not great given I don't lack for eyebrow hair. Likely won't purchase again.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2.0

a month ago

I find this product extremely average. Maybe even below average? I was all into the glossier hype but this is seriously a let down. It basically just brow gel in a small quantity, with a tiny brush. Other brow products form Anastasia and Bobbi Brown have such better applicators and overall product quality. I truly don't understand this one and wouldn't buy again.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

EyesHazel

2 months ago

I definitely enjoy this product. My brows are a bit thin and sparse naturally and I have tried a lot of different types of brow products like really thin pencils and powders, and I have also tried the essence make me brow gel as well. A lot of people have said the essence is a dupe for this but to me it’s not. I use the blonde shade in essence because I thought the dark shade looked like a dark brown and it’s very warm looking and doesn’t match my natural brow color. I think the undertone is suitable for someone with a strong warm tone to their hair but mine is more neutral/ light brown at my roots. I have the glossier in the brown shade which seems to be slightly deeper than my own brow color (light brown, cool) but it is subtle enough to be natural. The brush on both products tends to have too much product for my taste so I always wipe it off on the side of the tube or use a tissue so it doesn’t get clumpy. Anyway, it’s probably the best product I have found for filling in my very light hairs on the inner portion of my eyebrows. Those hairs are practically invisible and my brows look like they are someone farther apart than normal but most brow products in this area make it obvious that I filled them in. This product looks really natural as long as you don’t overdo it and overall the only thing that would improve it for me would be to have a thinner opening so the product can get wiped off automatically. It doesn’t really set your brows like other brow gels do. They are still flexible which I think is a good thing because the more set brows are, the less fluffy and natural they tend to look. Overall if you are looking for that type of product I think you will be disappointed in this. I haven’t tried the elf version of this but I definitely plan on it because this is kind of expensive even though it’s really good. I took off one star for the price and the fact that I have to waste the gel for it not to get clumpy.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 months ago

Honestly I find this to be the best version yet of a coloured brow gel! Adds volume and colour, with just enough tint I don’t have to add anything else, and a small enough brush it doesn’t get heckin’ everywhere! They should absolutely expand colours but the blonde works super well for me!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesGray

3 months ago

I really didn't want to like Glossier with all the hype but I love groomed brows and tried this after at least 5 friends told me I had to try it. And, of course, they were right. It's basically perfect for me. It darkens my brows but never my skin, even when I make a mistake, unlike most pencils or pens or coloured brow gels. It's never crispy or harsh looking, like brow gels. And it's never sticky like most pomades. It really just looks like your brows are miraculously denser and naturally well-groomed. I wish the package were a little more elegant but for a product this good I don't really care.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

3 months ago

Gimme Brow by Benefit used to be my go to, but Boy Brow knocks it out of the water. It is such a great product. It keeps my eyebrow hairs in place, no matter what I'm doing, and I always look like I've just had my eyebrows done because of it. I'm nearly done with the tube and the little bit I do have left still manages to keep my eyebrows looking good. I like how light it is, even the tinted one. This, to me, is a holy grail product. I will use it for as long as it continues to exist.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinDry, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

4 months ago

I use this every day. I think other reviewers give a good rundown of why it's great (hold, color etc.) but I just want to add that this product really holds up to sweat. I'm a bike commuter in Los Angeles, so I can get pretty sweaty sometimes on normal days, but this does not budge. I tried a couple drugstore versions but they would smudge and generally just looked more cakey/clumpy like mascara. This is more like a pomade and very natural looking. One tube lasts me 3-4 months, and you can remove the little black tube cap to get a lot more product out after that (albeit messily). If you're ordering from Glossier for the first time, you can get 10% off with my referral code: https://re.glossier.com/cca1963d

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

4 months ago

I am so torn with this, it's very natural looking, it adds a bit of volume and hold without imparting too much colour BUT does it do something that other more eco products don't? Use my code for 10% off your first Glossier order https://re.glossier.com/4fc512cb I have mid brown eyebrows and lighter hair (always have done) and the blonde colour is a good colour for me (often blonde is too light and brown is way too dark) It is also a faster and more natural looking alternative to eyebrow pencil and then setting gel/vaseline or similar - for these reasons I would buy it again until I find a good alternative. 3 lippies - I removed for packaging which I would prefer to be bio plastic and one for the size of the product for the ££ you pay. PS it comes in a good value set with two WINNER products (mascara and cloud paint - I have also reviewed these)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

4 months ago

I LOVE this. I don't know how it does it, but this makes my eyebrows look so naturally perfected and 'bushy' which is the look I like! Amazing for someone who hates an overly defined or 'insta-brow'. Well done, Glossier - this is genius! My only criticism is that the product is tiny so it doesn't last long if you're using it everyday. It would be great to see the company come out with a larger version and make this more a 'travel size' option as I've only been using mine for 8 weeks and it's already dry as a bone. This is a minor negative however and does not affect my overall rating. Truly one of the best eyebrow products I have ever used and I have already repurchased another! Believe the hype.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Medium

9 months ago

Wanted to love this product but I didn't! I already have full natural eyebrows so I bought this in clear. Didn't want to get the brown gel as my eyebrows would look like 2 caterpillars on my face lol! The brush is really really nice but the clear gel just didn't do it for me, kind of no different to the rimmel brow gel which isn't bad for a fraction of the price. If you're looking to thicken up thin-ish eyebrows buy this with a colour (not the clear) and it should work for you!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair