Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I bought this in black and it did thicken up my brow hairs quite nicely. Doesn't make them crunchy or stiff feeling. But for the price, I'm underwhelmed. It didn't hold up my thick brow hairs at all. It didn't even last through the morning for me. I'll be returning this for sure.

on 9/25/2018 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I used to be a brow pencil kinda girl because I love the pigmentation it gives, but now I realise that it doesn't always look the most natural and I've since graduated to brow gels and mascaras. Needless to say, I've tried quite a few of these sorts of products. So how does Boy Brow compare?

Pigmentation wise, this is pretty similar to the Essence brow gel... which is a fraction of the price and is more widely available worldwide tbh. And in my experience, these two brow gels are actually not very pigmented compared to say, the NYX cosmetics' brow mascara. I see a lot of people using a brow pencil before this brow gel, and I don't blame them because the pigmentation isn't the most opaque.

But it sure holds my brows in place though! On days I'm after the whole brushed up brows look, Boy Brow holds them up for a good few hours. Better than any of the brow gels/mascaras I've tried! The other ones I've tried are either too watery and thin to have any hold at all, or too thick that they weigh my eyebrows down straight away. Boy Brow, on the other hand, is watery but also waxy at the same time so it holds my brows in place nicely. And the individual strands of my brow hairs are quite thick too.

Will I get it again? Tbh, not sure because I don't really care for a brow gel that holds in place because I just want to fill in some of the sparse areas in my eyebrows and I prefer something pigmented for that. I'd rather just get the Essence one in this case because they look the same on my eyebrows in terms of how it fills in the sparse bits. For what this product is, it does a good job imo. But for something that doesn't even ship to my country, for me it's not worth something to go through heaven and hell just to get to when I can get something else 10 minutes from my house that looks similar to what Boy Brow gives me. I might try the clear version out of curiosity, but not because I think the product is particularly mindblowing for me. If you're looking for a product that holds eyebrow hairs in place though, in my experience this has been great! I just don't care for that personally.

on 9/23/2018 6:39:00 PM

Really like this for a natural look, which I am sporting most of the time these days. Makes my already pretty full brows look polished and helps keep them in the shape I want. Definitely way too small of a tube for 16 dollars, though. I use this in blonde, and I agree that it is a touch too warm for brows, but it’s not really noticeable once applied. The packaging is a little messy and the spoolie tends to pick up gunk, but I suppose that’s unavoidable for having a spoolie applicator. I will probably continue to purchase this just to get free shipping from glossier, but I’m sure there are many similar products out there that can get the job done with a better bang for your buck. I’m happy enough with it now to keep me from straying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I should preface this review by stating that my eyebrows are already full and I am a spoiled brat in the brow department. Somehow I still bought this product and expected it to change my entire life!!! and surprisingly enough, it didn’t. Ok, so I bought this in clear. It’s really an ok product by any means. It does not make my eyebrows really dry, sticky or rock hard. It does not move the colour I’ve used to fill in my brows (which is a big plus). The downside is: the tube is small, the wand grabs too much product, the hold is not quite strong enough and it does not provide sufficient separation. However, I bet it would work better (even great) for someone with finer eyebrows.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I fell for the hype and so glad I did! I use the shade blonde and it's the perfect color for my natural blonde hair (perfect neutral blonde). I've seen this compared to Essence Make Me Brow but IMO this product is MUCH better. It sets eyebrow hairs nicely without being crunchy, adds good tint, and a little bit of volume. After using it for 2 months, I was disappointed bc it dried out super fast. Luckily, I read somewhere about removing that rubber stopper and once I did there was a ton product left! I stretched one tube for ~5months with everyday use! Already repurchased my 2nd tube!

I am a huge fan of glossier products! This one is definetely one of my favorites! I have in the color blonde (which probably is not perfect for blondies as it is kind of dark, I have a dark blonde colored hair). My brows look fuller and better, and stays all day!

on 7/17/2018 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm in love with this product! I get fuller brows in great color (brown) in a quick and simple application.

I'm almost done with my first tube of Boy Brow and I will definitely order again. This does a wonderful job of making my brows look fuller. Great price for the value of the product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered this in June and have maybe used it 5 times. It took forever to ship to me and I had been so excited to try it. It’s a really small tube, however, the price just doesn’t justify it. The brush picks up way too much product and the gel itself doesn’t have the greatest hold. I’m disappointed that I wasted money on this.

on 7/9/2018 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

*update- I bumped this up a lippie because it holds up so well in high heat and humidity. Even if I'm sweating this doesnt smudge or disappear. Still not a do or die product for me but a good option in the summer.

This is a decent product the brown shade is a decent neutral tone and it does give good definition and hold to my brows. I love the tiny brush too. But let's get real,
this product is priced at more than $5/gram at 3g per tube. That's the same amount as a travel sized BTS mascara which is $4 cheaper. I expect this to last a month. I had a good coupon code so I bought 2 but I wouldn't buy this full priced. I have sparser brows so I still need to fill bare spots and this does nothing for that so it doesn't really speed up my mornings. I'd buy it again on sale but it's not a do or die item in my routine. Someone with fuller brows may get more out of it..

Popular Brows Products