Montagne Jeunesse Masks

Montagne Jeunesse Masks

4.3

Not tested on animals

Having combination skin, I spend a lot of time taking care of it and making it look presentable. I don't have a lot of money so a few months ago I decided to try these really cheap masks (a little gift set of 5 was reduced at co-op for 1.99£) and I absolutely fell in love with them. The mud masks are my favourite because they leave my skin feeling moisturized, though the peel-off masks are great to reduce the oiliness and even help with blackheads. The only one I haven't particularly liked (I tried it today for the first time, so it might get better with time) was the Red Hot Earth Sauna mask. It felt amazing while it was heating up and my skin looks really clean, but it's been half an hour since I've rinsed it off and it feels a bit itchy. Maybe it's just not the one for me. There's one for every person, you'll just have to try a few and choose the one that works best for you!

on 1/2/2017 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The redness faded within minutes, and as I said most things turn it red for just a little while (side effect of porcelain complexion). Got it at Walmart for a buck!

on 12/20/2016 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These face masks are cheap, easy to do, and have a bunch of different types to try out! I love switching up my masks instead of having to commit to a a big jar of one type.

They remind me a lot of the Shoppers Drugmart Life brand ones except these ones push natural ingredients, cruelty free, being vegan or vegetarian, and sourcing ethical ingredients.

I've tried the mud masks, the peel offs, and the eye patches and I haven't disliked one yet!

on 8/7/2016 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These masks are my favourite of all time. They're cheap, cruelty free and work. My favourite is the self heating masks, so far. There's a mask for every type of skin/problem you could imagine. Incredible for some me-time.

on 6/1/2016 12:09:00 AM

I love these masks, I don't think I have tried one yet that I didn't like. I especially like the Dead Sea mud mask. My pores feel tighter and my skin feels so refreshed.

on 2/21/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used the "stress relief" cucumber mask, expecting something soothing and cooling. What I got was something so chemical and pungent that it made my eyes burn and tear. I left it on for 10 minutes and peeled it off, my skin felt ok. It felt pretty much the same as before I put it on. I love the price, but honestly this product was not even worth the $1.50.

on 11/9/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can only review the Hydrating Coconut mask which is the only mask I've tried but I'm hooked on this guy! If you find the Coconut one at your local store grab it you won't be disappointed! When applied (on dry clean skin) the consistency is like a light cream. It has the creamiest texture I've seen from a face mask. Since this hydrating mask has clays in it, it does dry down a bit. But it is doesnt get tight like most clay masks. It feels cooling and comfortable on the skin (I almost forget I'm wearing a mask) It goes on white and changes to a translucent white color. Overall this mask is great to smooth and soften your skin. Definitely a good mask to add to my routine when I need a little pick me up

These masks are available at pretty much every Wal-Mart and drugstore in the country and are sold in single-use (I find you can get a solid two uses out of each but maybe I am using a thin layer) foil packets. The packaging is kind of freaky with the ladies on the front with their eyes sprouting fruits. Anyways, I like the price as it's only about two bucks with tax.

I have tried three this past month; the manuka honey peel-off, the green tea peel-off and the dead sea mud mask. The manuka honey peel-off smelled dreadful, which is really weird to me as most manuka honey products are so delicious you almost want to eat them. This one smelled syrupy and gross. It did leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized however you have to be very careful peeling these off. If you get any in your hair line or brows it will not feel good.

The green tea peel-off smelled much better but didn't seem to leave my skin looking or feeling any different.

The dead sea mud mask smelled like bathroom cleaner. It left my skin feeling soft and might have helped get some gunk out of my pores, however I don't think it's anything more than a typical exfoliation product would do.

Overall these seem to be pretty mediocre. The peel-offs are fun to take off and the mud mask seemed to make my skin feel smoother, but I don't think these are a must-have. I'm hoping to try more masks from different brands.

on 2/27/2015 8:12:00 AM

montagne jeunesse means "mountain of youth" in french, which is a pretty big call for a skincare product. while montagne jeunesse masks have never transported me to some magical fountain of youth, or even made my skin look more youthful, these masks are reeeaally good for a good solid deep clean and a little temporary skin brightening (not to mention the therapeutic treat-yo-self time).

i've been using these masks for years and have tried many varieties, and not a single one has irritated or upset my skin in any way. my particular favourites are any of the mud masks because mud is really good for your skin (minerals etc etc), however the peely ones are a lot of fun too.

as long as you don't have the expectation that these face masks will radically revolutionise your skin into the skin of an 8-year-old, then you will definitely not be disappointed!

pros:
gives your skin a good solid clean
heaps of yummy variety
small packets are good for travel/trying different kinds of masks
temporarily brightens your skin

cons:
apart from a bit of brightening and cleaning (and treat-yo-self time), these masks won't do a whole lot
i've never seen them available in anything bigger than a small foil packet! i think they would be great in a tube or something, so you don't have to keep on forking out for regular use

i love these masks!!! idk how to describe em but for only $1 theyre perfect.... i just wish the packaging was a small travel sized tube instead of a packet