Montagne Jeunesse Masks

Montagne Jeunesse Masks

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 6/1/2016 12:09:00 AM

I love these masks, I don't think I have tried one yet that I didn't like. I especially like the Dead Sea mud mask. My pores feel tighter and my skin feels so refreshed.

on 2/21/2016 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used the "stress relief" cucumber mask, expecting something soothing and cooling. What I got was something so chemical and pungent that it made my eyes burn and tear. I left it on for 10 minutes and peeled it off, my skin felt ok. It felt pretty much the same as before I put it on. I love the price, but honestly this product was not even worth the $1.50.

To Read all 177 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/9/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I can only review the Hydrating Coconut mask which is the only mask I've tried but I'm hooked on this guy! If you find the Coconut one at your local store grab it you won't be disappointed! When applied (on dry clean skin) the consistency is like a light cream. It has the creamiest texture I've seen from a face mask. Since this hydrating mask has clays in it, it does dry down a bit. But it is doesnt get tight like most clay masks. It feels cooling and comfortable on the skin (I almost forget I'm wearing a mask) It goes on white and changes to a translucent white color. Overall this mask is great to smooth and soften your skin. Definitely a good mask to add to my routine when I need a little pick me up

These masks are available at pretty much every Wal-Mart and drugstore in the country and are sold in single-use (I find you can get a solid two uses out of each but maybe I am using a thin layer) foil packets. The packaging is kind of freaky with the ladies on the front with their eyes sprouting fruits. Anyways, I like the price as it's only about two bucks with tax.

I have tried three this past month; the manuka honey peel-off, the green tea peel-off and the dead sea mud mask. The manuka honey peel-off smelled dreadful, which is really weird to me as most manuka honey products are so delicious you almost want to eat them. This one smelled syrupy and gross. It did leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized however you have to be very careful peeling these off. If you get any in your hair line or brows it will not feel good.

The green tea peel-off smelled much better but didn't seem to leave my skin looking or feeling any different.

The dead sea mud mask smelled like bathroom cleaner. It left my skin feeling soft and might have helped get some gunk out of my pores, however I don't think it's anything more than a typical exfoliation product would do.

Overall these seem to be pretty mediocre. The peel-offs are fun to take off and the mud mask seemed to make my skin feel smoother, but I don't think these are a must-have. I'm hoping to try more masks from different brands.

on 2/27/2015 8:12:00 AM

montagne jeunesse means "mountain of youth" in french, which is a pretty big call for a skincare product. while montagne jeunesse masks have never transported me to some magical fountain of youth, or even made my skin look more youthful, these masks are reeeaally good for a good solid deep clean and a little temporary skin brightening (not to mention the therapeutic treat-yo-self time).

i've been using these masks for years and have tried many varieties, and not a single one has irritated or upset my skin in any way. my particular favourites are any of the mud masks because mud is really good for your skin (minerals etc etc), however the peely ones are a lot of fun too.

as long as you don't have the expectation that these face masks will radically revolutionise your skin into the skin of an 8-year-old, then you will definitely not be disappointed!

pros:
gives your skin a good solid clean
heaps of yummy variety
small packets are good for travel/trying different kinds of masks
temporarily brightens your skin

cons:
apart from a bit of brightening and cleaning (and treat-yo-self time), these masks won't do a whole lot
i've never seen them available in anything bigger than a small foil packet! i think they would be great in a tube or something, so you don't have to keep on forking out for regular use

i love these masks!!! idk how to describe em but for only $1 theyre perfect.... i just wish the packaging was a small travel sized tube instead of a packet

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have no idea why I waited so long to try the Montagne Jeunesse peel-off mask, but I'm so glad that I finally did! It's wonderful! The scent is light and clean, and it feels great on. My skin definitely looked and felt smoother, once I peeled it off, and I've found that it even helps to calm the redness of blemishes. You can't beat the price, either! As others have noted, one sachet is good for two applications.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Over the years, I have tried different Montagne Jeunesse Masks and really have nothing negative to say about them. I love the variety of masks that they have. You can select from peel off, clay, fabric cloth, scrubs and self-heating masks in a variety of scents and formulas. They are inexpensive, easy to use and there is plenty of product in the package. I like to have a weekly spa night, where I apply a mask, and soak in the tub with bath salts. Last night, I used the Montagne Jeunesse Fruit Smoothie Raspberry & Mango clay mask. It had a pleasant raspberry scent. Are these masks " the miracle in a package" products? No, but they are nice little treats if you like giving yourself at-home spa style treatments.

I tried the green tea peel and I was not impressed. It said it would unclog pores and deep clean so I was excited because I have large pores that are extremely stubborn so I applied it and peeled it off aaanddddd....... Nothing. My skin felt a bit smoother, that's about it. I will say it was fun peeling it off though and I only spent a couple dollars on it.

on 10/29/2014 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love these masks. Been using them since I was a teenager. I have the blueberry one on right now! They clear mild acne very well. And smell amazing! And they are so cheap. It's like buy sweets! My favourite is the red warming sauna one..

Popular Masks