3.5

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

2 months ago

I bought the shade Amethyst, which is a medium purple with a matte finish. I originally bought it as a dupe for Sugarpill's Spank, but was overall disappointed in its performance. It's very pigmented, doesn't stain, layers well and is fully opaque in two coats. That being said, it wore extremely poorly. It doesn't set so it remains tacky and it transfers significantly. I got about an hour of wear before it appeared to start drying up. At first it started just "dusting" off, causing fallout around my chin. Then it started chipping completely off in large flakes. The flakes were still somewhat tacky too and stuck to whatever they fell on. Very messy and awkward lol This applied beautifully, so I was stunned at its lack of wear time and sudden change in texture. I've tried it three different times as a lipstick, but the formula just doesn't work for me. I do use it as a base when I do facepainting, but it still flakes off in less than two hours, so I don't even really recommend it as an eyeshadow base. This was a dud for me and I definitely don't recommend its current formula.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

3 months ago

This is my HG lipstick, the one I can't live without. The price is unbeatable, a liquid lipstick which holds up better than my MAC ones for less than £8?? The one I have is in Sandstorm and is literally the perfect nude which pulls my smokey makeup look together and I love love love this, I don't think I'll ever stop using it.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2.0

8 months ago

I love NYX, but this ain't it. The colors are great, very pigmented, and they apply really smoothly. But they're satin finish, meaning they don't dry. Ever. They wear off and transfer so badly, and that's just not what I expect out of a liquid lip.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

10 months ago

The pigment in this lipstick is insane, I will give NYX that . . . It's a one-swipe-and-done deal with a varied color selection, pretty cool if you like a statement lip. For me, though, the turn-off was the formula's consistency. This does not dry down fully or wear off gracefully, and personally, I hate the feeling of smacking sticky lips together. Plus, there were only two colors that interested me for everyday wear: Soft Spoken, always a cool brown on me, and Tea and Cookies, which I liked for a while until I realized how bright Barbie-pink it actually looked. This was one of those products that made me want to transition back to bullet lipsticks, honestly.

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

a year ago

Decent price, good packaging, long lasting. My problem with this product is that it dried out my lips. I won't buy it again.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

1.0

a year ago

Ugh.... the worst liquid lipstick I’ve ever used. I bought the color ’Cherry skies’ hoping it would be a nice dupe for the Jeffree Star liquid lip in ’Unicorn blood’, but I was left disappointed. On me, the lipstick didn’t dry AT ALL, even with waiting for a good ten minutes. It left a glossy finish and the pigment seemed good when applied, but when I closed my mouth it disappeared right away from the center of my lips. Applicator is not the best either. I’m a little sad since the color is absolutely stunning. There goes my 10€ wasted........

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

2.0

a year ago

I have a few of these and the wear time is okay. It's lipstick to be quite honest, if you eat, it's coming off. Pigmentation is good and it's smooth. I didn't find that it dries out quickly either. My low rating is due to the smell. I'm not sensitive to cosmetic scents almost ever. This smells like hair dye on your lips and the smell doesn't go away quickly. The ammonia smell is so strong it made me sick. I wish these had worked out for me because the price is amazing but unfortunately I can't get over that scent.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

PROS: • Wide color range • Long wearing, rarely needs reapplication • No bleeding • No crumbling • Actual color is the same as the tube (doesn't get darker) • Comfortable • Affordable CONS: • Transfers but not too much • Needs layering for full pigmentation • Chemical scent Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Sandstorm. This formula is fairly similar to the Colourpop Ultra Satin formula, but more sheer and with less transfer. The biggest issue I have with this lipstick is that it can get on my teeth while it's drying (takes a while to dry down), I wouldn't dare to wear it in a darker color.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

These lipsticks are really good for their price. The formula is pretty good. However, it can be a little drying so make sure to put on some lip balm before putting this on. They have a great variety of shades and you can have a lot of fun playing with color. As for lasting power, it can last a long time and survive eating meals and drinking. But you probably will need to do a touch-up afterwards.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

2 years ago

Ahh.. Nyx.. I love and hate you. Liquid Suede in the regular colors for the most part, do not work for me. The mettalics DO work for me. They last long but the regular ones are a hit or miss. I will keep buying them to see which ones do. They have such a wide range and its affordable.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age30-35