theBalm Cosmetics Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush

theBalm Cosmetics Balm Desert Bronzer/Blush
Balm Desert Bronzer/BlushBalm Desert Bronzer/BlushBalm Desert Bronzer/BlushBalm Desert Bronzer/Blush

4.9

on 8/24/2018 1:40:00 AM

When I first saw this color in its adorable little package I thought, “Meh, meh, not for me”. But my MUA sisters rarely steer me wrong. So I bought it and tried it. Holy Mother of God! This is beautiful stuff. I don’t know how that boring looking colour morphs into such rich beauty on your skin but it does. This is the only blush I will ever need. I don’t consider too many products life long beauty finds but this will be one of them.

on 8/22/2018 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

YES! Finally a bronzer that actually looks good on my NW20 coolish skin with freckles. Doesn’t turn orange or muddy thanks to the red undertone. Since people with my coloring burn in the sun rather than tan, a bronzer that gives a sun kissed, slightly sunburned look is far more realistic. This is a highly pigmented bronzer so I need to use a light touch, but that will make it last a long time. A very slight satiny finish, not really noticeable when wearing. I have searched a long time for a red based bronzer and this is perfect. I find it looks so good that I don’t even use blush much of the time, just lightly dust this across my cheeks, forehead and chin tip. I know some people hate the Balm cardboard packaging but I like it as it is very slim in my makeup bag. FWIW another option for us pale ladies is the Pixi Subtly Suntouched bronzer, although that is very light and hard to build up to a real sun kissed look. This is a definite rebuy for me, in fact I’ve already ordered another for my travel bag. Check it out!

on 7/12/2018 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I am MAC NW13, and freckled, which I love. I adore this bronzer/blush for the inclusion of red in its color, which makes it so natural on me. The red is undetectable in the pan, but you will see it when applied. In the pan, it looks like an ordinary bronzer, not light, not dark, but mid-tone, belying its unique nature. I sometimes use it as blush with Chocolate Soleil to warm the complexion, sometimes as bronzer and blush. I redden in the sun as do most redheads, so this is the most natural bronzer for me. I use a light touch (all that's necessary) for great color payoff and my use is nearly undetectable in the pan. I suppose it could be classified as pricey, but the value steps in with how little must be used for lovely effect. BalmDesert is unique, and will always be in my makeup wardrobe.

on 3/21/2018 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this. The most beautiful bronzer on my skin ever: a brown/reddish color like you have been in the sun. Not yellow, not flat... It contains tiny tiny particles of gold flex which are very alluring and vivid. You can use it on the entire face without any problems; you will not look like a disco ball. I stays put all day and doesn't look powdery. It's the only product that mimicks the sun. On the dark side like a true bronzer ALWAYS should be. This must be the most expensive bronzer on earth: compared to La Mer, La Prairie and Sisley this is more expensive as it only contains 6 grams of bronzer. 6! In the end it gets cheaper as it is very pigmented.

on 1/12/2018 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this as part of the girls' getaway trio palette, and I'm loving how I can use this in the crease of my eyes (with balm beach blended in). It's great for doing monochromatic looks in that way, but it definitely is too warm to use as a contour. But it's great for a bronzer, because as others have said, it does have a natural sheen to it (not a shimmer). Makes me look healthy and sun kissed. And it's so nice having a talc and paraben free cheek product, because I think it looks more like pure color and not powder sitting on top of your skin. LOVE. The trio is also only a couple dollars extra for two more blushes, so I recommend buying the trio!

on 10/12/2017 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I’m NW15 and this is by far thr best bronzer I used for my skin tone.It gives a nice sheen like the reviewer perviously wrote.It’s not drying or looking muddy/dirty.It just gives a nice subtile glow to the skin.I wouldn’t recommend it for conturing since it’s really subtile and it would be hard to create shadings needed for conturing.But I recommend it for everyday use as a nice subtile glow.Another plus for me is that it doesn’t requre lot of time to put on,blending and so on...it takes me just a few seconds to put it in the morning.So yeah,my fave bronzer for everyday use.

on 8/17/2017 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Very pleased with this. Cooler toned, lovely texture & leaves beautiful sheen. Absolutely no shimmer or glitter, but has a natural skin-like sheen. I'm fair neutral, this just looks lovely. TheBalm does blushes and bronzers RIGHT!

on 7/1/2017 5:19:00 PM

This is a wonderful blush/ bronzer, and can definitely be used for both. I also have Bahama Mama by TheBalm, and while I like it, sometimes its a bit too matte and muddy for my skin tone. I'm nc25 ish, brn hair/ brn eyes, and have no issue wearing Balm Desert year round, I also often use it as a matte transition shade on my eyes..I have tons of TheBalm products, love that they are cruelty free, talc free and parraben free. Most of their products are $22-$30 for single pan blushes, powders and highlighters, and $45+ for most palettes, but you get a ton of product, all shadows/powders are super buttery and highly pigmented.. definitely recommend.

I'm not a bronzer person, but this one changed the game for me. It makes my pale NC15 looks healthy instead of muddy! It's definitely a multitaskers: I use it as a blush, bronzer and eyeshadow. And it leaves a kind of sheen on the skin, but not in a negative way, more as a glow within thing .It's a beauty! I couldn't recommend this enough.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I would categorize this as a medium dark, pinky-brown powder. This bronzer is really beautiful because it doubles as a blush--if you lay it down heavier as bronzer, you can diffuse it upwards to use it as a blush too. It's one of those multitaskers that looks beautiful in multiple ways. It's a lot like MAC Harmony in that it can double up as a blush/bronzer. Its super pigmented, so use a really light hand because it's fairly dark as well (it's probably the darkest bronzer I own)--but with a light hand, it brings a pinky/bronze look to the cheeks. Seriously gorgeous. And for reference, i am NC 25-30 and warm-toned. I would skip this if you are extremely fair, but I could see this looking amazing on light to dark skin tones.