beautyblender blotterazzi

beautyblender blotterazzi
blotterazzi

2.9

on 3/1/2017 7:23:00 PM

I forgot I got this thing in the set I mentioned on the Beauty Blender review... It's just stupid to me. I forget I even have the thing. It doesn't really do anything special for my nose which is where I need it to absorb shine... I don't know. I'll use it when I remember to and will report back if my mind changes. So far I feel like you could blot with a 99 cent sponge and have the same results.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product totally works and does what it's supposed to. It feels high quality in my hand. BUT, it gets floppy and used up quickly and isn't as easy to wash as it claims. Just doesn't feel the same after washing it. So, for the price, nah.

on 2/12/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Bought it just because I thought it was cool because I prefer my own blotting papers (I get mine from Party City-there are so many beautiful colors of tissue paper to choose from, then I cut into rectangles and place in a small snack size ziplock bag to carry around) but the Blotterazzi for me is a portable powder puff! I love it for that and it is perfect because I have a powder (Hourglass ethereal light compact for example) that does not come with a puff and sometimes it's not convenient to use a brush, so problem solved. Plus could be used as a blender for other makeup since it is just a flat beauty blender. I never use mine wet anyway. I have the blotterazzi pro (the black sponges) and I highly recommend it for this alternative use because you can take it with you and it's safe in the compact. Awesome. Would purchase again because it lasts a while if you care for it properly, and you get two sponges.

on 9/14/2016 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

First, I'm not judging this for soaking up oil - there is no magic trick (or product) for that. That has to do with skincare, using the right primer, and setting properly for your unique skin type and issues.

That said, I am combo-oily with surface dehydration outside of my t-zone (super oily t-zone). I am testing the new Anastasia Stick Foundation in Caramel right (with mixed feelings thus far) now alongside a few other new foundation products of the creamier variety (other sticks), and found that I was being forced to start using powder again to set my foundation and blend my surface texture better (using NARS and some other foundations that didn't require setting had spoiled me).

I also don't have the patience to "bake" and hate how a powder brush often disturbs the rest of my perfectly applied makeup, which is the opposite of setting it.

Enters Blotterazzi! This little thing (I have 2 - both sent free with other purchased items) applies my silky pure silica powder like a dream without disturbing my makeup and leaving me looking airbrushed and polished! I love these things for finishing my look!

So, if you want this product to work a miracle, help it out. Sprinkle some silica powder all over it (or dip in some evenly all over at least half of it), and set your makeup with it and continue to use the same one with powder residue all day for oil control and perfecting your face throughout the day. I promise it will work and you'll look fabulous!

5 Lippies for that!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this in set from Macy's for $40. It came with two beauty blenders, a micro beauty blender, a small solid black cleanser, and the blotterazi. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the handy compact, but even it did, I don't see myself using it that much. Considering it's the same price as a beauty blender and the same material, just buy another beauty blender. It will perform the same way and get into those awkward corners that the blotterazi has trouble reaching, such as around your nose. You could bounce a dry beauty blender on top. I don't think is a necessary product to have.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Have been seeing a lot of negative reviews saying that it doesnt mattify the face. But thats totally not what it claims to do so I guess its only fair to review based on what it claims to do. Go watch the blotterazzi video on youtube by too faced to understand its uses if you are wondering what I'm talking about.

pros
- does what it says it does, does not disturb the makeup when used (basically blends your makeup as its just a mini beauty blender!)
- compact and hygenic packaging (comes with a separator between the 2 sponges)
- has a mirror, great for the touch ups

cons
- pricey for simply a thinner beauty blender (i got it for free so i have no complains)
- does not mattify the face so its kinda pointless if you are trying to get all the oil away

I received this as a gift from my cousin after wanting to try it out. I find it very useful to apply mattifying powder with this! It blends the makeup and tops it off with a beautiful layer of powder. Usually when I use blotting paper then go in with powder it will make the makeup looks blotchy so i actually really appreciate this. But if you already own a beauty blender and do not mind carrying it around for touch ups then I dont find this really necessary. Hope this review is helpful:)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE: I took others' advice and washed the blotters before trying them again. I really didn't see much difference in oil absorption; a blotting sheet or even a tissue is still way more effective if you ask me. I see some other reviewers enjoyed the fact that this blotter didn't completely mattify their skin, leaving it more natural-looking and radiant without being too shiny. I can see where they're coming from, but I want to kill that shine completely. I want my skin to have all the luminosity of plaster--and this product simply can't do that for me.

It also failed pretty hard as a makeup applicator, EXCEPT in the case of loose powder. Used damp, this is pretty good to bake with, as it's basically just a Beauty Blender that handles like a powder puff. So if you happen to be stuck with this and can't return it (like yours truly), it *is* pretty good at pressing powder into the skin.

-----

I really wanted to love this product. It not only seemed like SUCH a good idea, but it also seemed impossible for it NOT to work. The Beauty Blender is made of, like, the most absorbent material on earth; how could this thing *not* absorb the oil on my face? I don't know, but it didn't. I tried and tried and tried, but as a blotter, this thing just plain didn't work on me. I'd dab it, press it, wipe it (with no makeup on, of course) on my face and see no reduction in shininess whatsoever. I will try using this as a makeup applicator to see if I can make it work for something, but what a waste of 20 bucks. I'll take my toilet paper and tissues any day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Before you use them you need to wash and dry them otherwise they wont soak up enough oil. I use them to blot midday they reduce shine without adding a chalky layer also this somehow works to keep my foundation fresh looking i use them under my eyes on the creases. This works great because it doesnt disturb foundation at all it makes it melt together again beautifully.

on 9/2/2016 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is not a rice paper equivalent. I find this will have blot out oil in the T zone and help reblend your previous applied makeup. Need to keep it in itself tin to help keep it clean. More eco friendly that rice paper sheet and it is reusable and washable.

on 7/20/2016 5:03:00 PM

If you're looking to use this to blot off your oil, look elsewhere. It reduces the shine, but realistically it does not remove any excess oil. I did one half of my face with the Blotterazzi and the other half with a blotting sheet. The Blotterazzi side wasn't just still oily, but it was still tacky. The blotting sheet side was no longer tacky nor shiny. The only benefit of owning this product would be to reblend creased makeup throughout the day.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools