4.3

price range

Reviews

1.0

5 months ago

So basically I bought this because it was so hyped up. It claimed to keep your skin clear but unfortunately it did the opposite for me. I have normal to dry skin and this completely striped all the natural oils from my skin, leading to these tiny irritation bumps. It took me months to fix my skin with so much moisturiser and hydration. I always try to see the good in things, so I decided to try it again (stupid of me). This time I only put it on my problem area, like my forehead and chin but the same exact thing happened. I would also like to add that the smell is disgusting and I could barely sleep through the night because of it (I'm being a little dramatic). There is 14 percent alcohol in this toner, so that may be why it feels so tight and dry after applying. Alcohol can also widen your blood vessels on you face which causes you to age faster. I could see this as a good product for people with extremely oily skin and with severe acne and many cystic pimples but if you are looking for a good toner to keep your skin glowing, fresh and clean, I would recommend the Simple toner (it also has witch hazel). Do not buy the TN Dickinson's witch hazel toner!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3.0

10 months ago

Its a good toner for minimizing pores. It has a scent that smells like an alcoholic beverage. After using it for 2 weeks it has a burning sensation on my face. I think my skin is just too sensitive for this product.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Tan

HairBrunette

a year ago

Sensitive skin "Must-Have". My Go-to product for cleansing, toning, freshening, removing excess oil, dirt and on minor skin irritations. Soothes, cleans and tightens pores without irritating or drying out my delicate, sensitive skin! Great for treating scalp issues- on patches of flaky, dry (chemically burned) scalp and dandruff. Good for soothing minor scrapes, skin abrasions, blisters and irritations. Non-irritating to very sensitive, dry and easily upset skin-Non drying! But (as with all toners) avoid the eye, don't use on eye area (obviously). A toiletry staple of mine for 10+ years. Other products just don't work as well and certainly are not as generally useful overall and all around helpful. It's inexpensively priced, comes in a large bottle and it lasts for ever, years (won't go bad or loose potency/effectiveness!).

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

3.0

a year ago

This dried out my oily skin during the summer but it did help a bump on my chest in 3 days. This is more for a spot treatment than a toner in my opinion.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBrown

a year ago

This is a great product, been using it for years. Sometimes I'll pickup the Dickinsons in the yellow bottle (pore perfecting toner) and other times I'll get this. Frankly, I see no huge difference between the two, both work great. Price is very affordable, bottle lasts a long time and it has many uses. I'm interested in trying Thayer's as that gets good reviews as well, but will continue to come back to this as it works well and is non-irritating.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

1.0

a year ago

I had a free sample of this witch hazel to try out during the summer time & I wasn't too impressed by it Bc I have very oily skin & using this as a toner didn't seem to cut the oil from my skin! I was hoping it would be a better alternative than all the numbered clarifying toners by Clinique! Bc Clinique's toner are simply glorified alcohol & with hazel! But just plain witch hazel had seen to make my face even oiler & left a residue on my skin! So I guess my face just does better with the Cliniques toners ! But I'm not crazy about the huge amounts of alcohol inside of them! So I just use it only occasionally!

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBlack

a year ago

I have been a witch hazel fan for almost all of my adult life. It’s my preferred toner after cleansing and I use it both day and night, regardless if I’ve worn makeup or not. I have sensitive (I get eczema patches), combo (super dry cheeks and around mouth & super oily t-zone which goes down to my chin) skin. This toner is very strongly scented, without added fragrance that doesn’t linger. A few drops on a cotton pad and my skin almost feels relieved. I find that when I’m between bottles or I’m trying something else, my skin misses it. I do occasionally make a spray with the witch hazel and rose water for my no makeup days.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

2 years ago

I noticed that even in the same store at the same time, there are two different types of bottles for this, a blue one near the rubbing alcohol and such, and a yellow bottle near the skin care stuff. My review is for the yellow bottle, not sure what if any difference there is, but I figured I would note that to clarify. I have sensitive skin that is combo to dry. I've been oil cleansing off and on for a few years, but sometimes oil cleansers leave a bit of residue. Despite my skin being dry I am very prone to clogged pores, and occasionally get breakout. I use after cleaning and drying my face, I apply a small amount to a cotton round a swipe over my entire face. This helps remove the residue that oil cleansing sometimes leaves. When I'm not oil cleansing, I use this to help remove makeup that my cleanser leaves behind. I do a full face almost everyday so getting off those last traces of makeup is important. Since using this I have not had any breakouts. I haven't noticed a reduction in the clogged pores on my nose and chin, but those usually take a resurfacing treatment to get rid of. In the past I have used a very popular online skincare brand that has toners, I have to say I like this product better. It works well, and it's a lot less expensive. I've already repurchased, one bottle lasts a long time. I did not find this to be overly drying like salicylic acid toners that often irritate my skin.

About reviewer (574 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Having used Thayers and Dickinsons witch hazel products (respectively) for the last 3 years, I've figured out that Dickinsons provided a more concentrated, simple formula for a far cheaper price than Thayers and overall worked better for my combination/oily skin. After cleansing, I usually put a few drops on a cotton pad and pat it around my face (particularly around my oily T-zone). Yes, the product smells very strong (it's the scent of pure witch-hazel, guys) but it doesn't linger on the face. However, this toner IS NOT for EVERYBODY. I would NOT recommend this product for those with very sensitive, dry skin, as the toner can invoke stinging and irritation. It also stings like hell if you accidentally get it into your eyes or in a cut/scrape on your face. The 14% alcohol is the obvious culprit, with its drying properties, but I found that it helps with some of my oil problems. If the toner is still too potent, as it can be during my drier winter months, diluting the formula and adding a little bit of sweet almond oil or rose-hip oil will do the trick. All in all, this product has a great value for the price and provides a potent product, no-nonsense product.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

The only toner that worked for my skin. I have notice pores getting smaller. I have sensitive skin acne prone oily, this helps with that. I'm glad I found witch hazel.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35