Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream

4.3

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Beeswax, Candelilla Wax, Hydrogenated Soy Glyceride, Fragrance, Carnauba Wax, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Menthol, Red 17.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My mom gave me a sample bottle of this stuff, and I think it might have been an older one because the one I had was in an orange tube and not white. I should also point out that I have normal skin, not dry, and I can typically use just about anything on my face as my skin is not at all sensitive. I had issues with this product, and it might just be due to the fact that I don't have the right skin type (very dry) to benefit from it.

I was really skeptical about this product from the moment I opened it. It has the consistency and scent of Vicks Vaporub, which made me think that anyone with sensitive skin would hate it (that's probably why my mom couldn't use it tbh), but since my skin is pretty tough I figured I wouldn't have any problems. I used it on my face as well as on some dry patches on my elbows. I had a really hard time applying this stuff at first. Because it's so thick it doesn't melt onto the skin and spread around as well as other moisturizers, so I had to rub it between my hands for a few seconds to let the product melt before gently pressing it into my skin. Trying to rub it directly onto the skin would have just been irritating.

I WILL SAY that the next morning, my face was baby-soft, but my elbows appeared unaffected, which I thought was a little weird, but the fact that it worked for my face meant that I continued to use it.

I had no problems for the first couple of days, and then I tried to put on foundation. This moisturizer makes my foundation look HORRIBLE, dry and flaky especially on the nose and forehead. Over the past couple of days I've let my skin rest and used a different moisturizer, and when I went back to makeup this morning my foundation applied beautifully, which tells me the Mary Kay moisturizer was the source of the problem. Needless to say, I threw it out immediately afterwards.

I would say if you have very dry skin, it's at least worth giving it a try, but if you have normal skin like me, don't bother. It does more harm than good.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Thick emollient cream that is better suited to your hands or dry patches.
Not a fan of the scent and I would not recommend to anyone to use this on their face.
It is great used with satin hands but I have found much cheaper alternatives for what this product is.

To Read all 86 Reviews, Login or Join

Well it is in fact highly emollient and thick. The bright pink is very pretty but I would never put this anywhere near my face. The perfume in this product has to be so high on the ingredient list and it is def more of an old lady smell to me. I mused my sample on rough patches such as elbows and ankles and it was nice for that but still the smell was intense. Would not buy the full size.

My mother has used this on her dry skin as night cream and for her lips for years. Because i have the same skin she passed it on to me when i was 17. Now at 23 im still using this on my face and adore it!! I use it twice a week before bed and the extra oily cream feels like heaven on my super dry skin. Yes i am still young but when i compare my skin to my friends mine looks 10x better. Oh yea and my mom is 59 but everyone thinks she's in her early 40s.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

A little goes a long way and this tube will last you forever. Works great on dry patches and clears them up overnight. I would recommend it as long as you don't have sensitive skin. I use this on my boyfriend and as a lip balm but that's it. This product is highly perfumed and stings the crap out of my skin. I have eczema and this only irritates it and makes it worse. I made the mistake of using it around my eyes once and regretted it for the next 3 days. The skin around my eyes was puffy, wrinkly, and pink. Basically if you are looking for something for everyday dry patches or cracked feet or anything like that this is a miracle worker. But if you have sensitive skin and/or are sensitive to perfumes or just really really hate grandma smells, then I would run very far away. I'm keeping my review at 4 stars because this product definitely is great- just not for my particular skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love, Love, Love in the winter for my dry skin on my face, lips, hands, etc. I have used this for years (11ish) in the winter moths when the skin on my face is drier as a nighttime moisturizer. That said, it is not a moisturizer really...it is no more than mineral oil and vaseline with some fragrance (which they could omit). I have done research because I have heard both ingredients are bad for the skin, however it is just the opposite......"petrolatum can help the skinís outer layer recover from damage, reduce inflammation and generally heal the skin" and mineral oil is " one of the most nonirritating moisturizing ingredients ever found" and best of all, these ingredients because of their molecular composition they cannot clog pores. They sit on the skin and protect it from the elements like any good antioxidant. I know my skin loves this product, my skin feels smoother and it looks better! I guess there is some menthol added to this as well, which is not good for the skin, but my skin is VERY sensitive, and I have never had a problem with this product.

Note: Hmmm, my tube is orange in color, but it says right there on the front "Extra Emollient Night Cream." ...must be older/newer than the photo listed.

This cream is extra thick, so greasy, so heavy and absolutely sits on top of the skin, seemingly never absorbing. I have oily/combo skin, but like most people, I have drier spots on my body. For instance, my heels. I use this cream in conjunction with the Mary Kay Hand Smoothie, but on my feet. I slather this cream on to my feet, put on a nice thick pair of socks and go to bed. It does soften my feet, but is no miracle product. I probably wouldn't repurchase. It was a gift.

I've literally been using this product for almost 20 years. My mom used to be a Mary Kay consultant when I was a kid, and when she saw that my hands were dry and cracked in winter one year, she got me some Extra Emollient Night Cream. I've been using it ever since.

If you have super dry skin that cracks and bleeds from cold weather or a lot of hand-washing, this product is seriously perfect. It is gentle enough to use even on your face, which I definitely do in the colder months. I'll often apply this to my face, hands, and lips before bed. When I wake up in the morning, I can already notice a difference in my skin. It feels softer and the overall appearance is healthier and less irritated. I've been lending it to my husband because his face tends to be very dry, too, and he's seen similar results.

It's also one of the best lip balms that I have ever used. I use it every night before bed and, on days when my lips are very chapped, I'll carry it and apply it all day. It always does the trick.

At $14 a tube, it's a very affordable and effective night cream. I can't recommend this product enough. I will continue repurchasing forever!

I'm absolutely in LOVE with this product. I got the sample size, not knowing if my super sensitive skin would agree with it, but I'm so in love. My skin is pretty dry, and after being in the sun and accidentally not wearing sunscreen, not only did my skin BLISTER up, but I had a Horrible sunburn and this stuff was a lifesaver!!!! I did have to reapply every couple hours and it IS greasy, but it hydrated my skin beautifully and had me peeling within a couple days. It was a dream come true finding this amazing product. Highly recommend even though the price is a bit busty.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this stuff! Awesome for my very dry skin!

Popular Face Skincare Products