Lumene Blur Longwear Foundation SPF 15

Lumene Blur Longwear Foundation SPF 15
Blur Longwear Foundation SPF 15

4.8

on 10/13/2017 3:52:00 AM

This is a very good foundation. It's matte but not matte to the point of looking dead. Your skin will still have a glow but not an oily glow. This foundation fills out my pores, so I look like I don't have any on my nose at all without feeling siliconey, cakey or like your skin can't breath which I find that some primers do that are supposed to have the same effect of filling out the pores. It lasts well on the skin. It's not a foundation that pushes back all the oils, so if you're very oily you will have to powder throughout the day. Ultimately this foundation looks just like healthy skin and isn't that what we all want in a foundation?

If you are looking for a very glowy foundation with more of a dewey finish I would recommend Lumene's CC Cream. It's another outstanding product from Lumene and makes your skin look as young and radient as this foundation but with a dewey finish instead of a matte which is what you get with the Lumene Blur.

Honestly, Lumene are killing it with their face products. I never thought I would find such quality foundations with a drugstore price!

on 8/17/2017 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried lots of different foundations, bb creams, cc creams. Some are really good, most are just meh or really bad. I am quite choosy though. This is a wonderful, light coverage foundation. I am sure you can get a more heavy coverage, but I haven't tried it as I prefer a really light coverage. I have quite an oily t-zone, so I tend to shy away from foundations, I've always preferred bb or cc creams, Phytomer being my favourite. I really like Lumenes's serums and toners though, so I thought I'd try the foundations. They're also quite cheap in my country (Sweden), with offers on all the time. Most foundations make my skin very oily (I have combo skin). This ones is like a gel moisturiser. It is light, doesn't make me oily (I do not use it on my nose though) and stays on all day. I use my fingers and apply it to my cheeks, parts of my forehead and parts of my chin. I try to only use it where my skin is a little red as I like my own skin to shine through. I must say that I am very impressed by this foundation. It looks so natural; like my own skin but better (I am so sorry to use this phrase, but it's true). I am very pale, so I use the lightest shade, which is a perfect match for my NW15 skin. It doesn't seem to clog my pores and it hasn't broken me out. I use so little, so the tube will last me at least a year and a half. When I run out, I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/20/2017 12:31:00 PM

I really like this foundation, it does blur my pores and gives that smooth porcelain skin look. I have combination to oily skin and my face will get shiny quite fast after application, but I don't look oily, more healthy glowy and I am okay with that. I am also quite happy to found foundation pale enough for me. Shade 0 looks way too pink and slightly lighter than my NC15 skin, so I would try darker shade another time. The packaging is the plastic tube with a squeeze nozzle, which makes it really easy to get a right amount of product. I am also not afraid that it will shatter if I drop it.

on 7/8/2016 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this foundation even though it isn't perfect. It looks wonderful for a few hours but it soon gets greasy on my skin (i'm quite oily) and sometimes it sets in my pores like little light dots. (No, I don't use a primer, maybe it would help).

I still recommend it though, at least if you're very light skinned with blue tones. The shade 0 is perfect for me. With powder every three hours or so it still looks good at the end of the day.

The coverage is quite light I think, even though the package says it's 4 out of 5. But I like light coverage and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin.

I don't think this is a good foundation if you live somewhere where it's hot. Sweden is quite cold even during the summer and I sweat it of instantly.

But, I would repurchase because when it looks good - it looks really good. And it's cheap and you can't break the package if you drop it. Perfect for me.

on 3/19/2016 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Edit 20th of December, 2016: I don't know what happened, but this foundation just works amazingly well for me lately. I don't know if my skin type has changed slightly, if I'm using better products along with the foundation, or if I just lucked out with the combination of products. In case it's one of the latter two, this is what I use for my base. For primer, I either use the cheap Beauty UK Prime FX, or TheBalm's TimeBalm primer - both traditional silicone primers. I apply the foundation using a damp beauty sponge, set it with Laura Mercier's Loose Powder and (most of the time) finish off my base with the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. My skin looks skin-like, yet very luminous, even and smooth, and it holds up well during the day. Still not the most long-wearing foundation in my collection, but it doesn't wear/slide off my face after only a few hours like it did back when I first tried it.

I just bought a new tub of this fearing that I'll run out of my current one while away over the holidays, and Lumene have added a few shades and reworked the design on the packaging a bit. From what I can tell, the formula remains the same, though.

Original review:
Oh how I wish I could love this foundation. There's a lot of things that I like about it, both in theory and in practice. For example, Lumene understands pale, northern skin. So many foundations are way, way too yellow for me, even those supposed to have a neutral undertone. I have this in the palest shade, 0, and it's a perfect fit both in shade and undertone. It also feels absolutely amazing on the skin. It feels like no makeup: no stickiness, no heavy/mask feeling, the skin feels smooth and plump, it's semi-matte and gives a lovely satin look when freshly applied. It has no fragrance and no parabens. It sounds like the perfect foundation, and it would be - if it held up. With or without primer, this wears off within just a few hours. Particularly on my cheeks, nose and chin. I'm not crazy oily or anything, I always set it with a powder, and I don't have this problem with other foundations. I've tried applying it with different brushes (buffing it in and stippling it on) and a beautyblender, all with the same result. My skin still looks good in some places, but it's like it migrates and leaves my cheeks looking like there's no foundation there at all after a few hours. It just doesn't become one with the skin, it just lies on top of it and then just melts right off of it. It's such a shame, because if it held up it really would be a favourite of mine. Perhaps it will work for people who have very dry skin that foundation tend to "cling to", but it's like the barest hint of oil just dissolves this foundation.

It's marked a 4 out of 5 on Lumene's own scale of coverage, but I find the coverage to be a light medium, buildable to medium.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ Feels lovely on the skin
+ Natural, satin look
+ Good shades for pale skin and neutral/cool undertones
+ SPF 15
+ No fragrance and no parabens

- Lighter coverage than promised, not very buildable at all
- Practically melts off my face, even with a primer. This is a deal-breaker for me
- 6 shades only

I love this foundation! Great coverage, suits both dry and oily skin (I have dry skin and my friend has oily skin, we both love it!) Lumene is cruelty free🐰 the foundation lasts a really good time because a little goes a long way. I like the tube, it is really easy to contol the amount of foundation. BUY!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a foundation that impresses me, especially given its price. It is said to be medium coverage, but is quite opaque. It has SPF 15.

I have it in ''0'', which is a very pale neutral beige. It goes on smoothly and cover even in thin layers. Applying it with a brush seems to give the best result, but pretty much product is needed then. It fades during the day, I wouldn't expect anything else from a foundation at this cost. Still, it fades less than many others of the same price level. I can't notice any specific smell from it, it smells like foundation usually do.

The problem with it is that it comes in only three colours, all of which are on the paler spectrum, excluding probably the bigger part of the world. Which definitely is a pity.

Conclusion: Definitely worth a try if you're in the small range of shades.

on 2/21/2016 4:09:00 PM

great foundation that really evens out your skin tone without being too heavy. It can be built up to a pretty good cover, but it can also be worn in a thin layer. Did I mention I really love this product!

on 11/29/2015 5:21:00 AM

This is definitely the best make up foundation i´ve ever used. I have it in the second most fair color, which is still really fair. Often fair foundations tend to have a pink tone, which i don´t really like, but this one has a really nice natural color which i dont find too pink, yet not seemingly yellow. This foundation stays really well whole day and it blurs really nicely the imperfections of skin but doesn´t feel too heavy.

on 12/27/2015 4:00:00 PM

A good quality product for a small price. I'm on my second pack and this has become my go-to foundation. Makes my skin feel soft and velvety. Covers up my imperfections but doesn't dry me out. Works really well for my dry acne prone skin. Sometimes I mix this with lumene matt control oil free foundation for a more matt finish.