Essence Make Me Brow

Essence Make Me Brow
Make Me BrowMake Me Brow

4.2

01 blondy brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 02 Browny Brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 03 soft browny brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, TROPOLONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, GALACTOARABINAN, DISODIUM EDTA, SILICA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). SOURCE: http://www.essence.eu/products/eyes/eyebrows/e/product/make-me-brow-eyebrow-gel-mascara-01/

on 3/29/2017 4:52:00 PM

This is the first brow gel I have ever used. It is amazing. It is much better than a pencil brow color. It looks so much more natural than all of the pencils I have used (wet n' wild, artistry, cover girl and avon). Take time applying so that you dont get an extra glob some where u dont need it.

If it does not irratate your brows then this is for you. So cheep that u can buy it and not worry about the cost. But not cheaply made. I would buy extras for my friends so they cant steal mine. Ha ha ha.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a great little product for fast natural brows if you have brow hair. I have very light brows and I throw this on for no makeup days/moments, like running out to the gym. It's very fast and easy to apply. It gives a very natural brow, you cannot get an instagram brow from this. It needs hair to stick to so if you have lots of bald patches in your brows I don't recommend it. I don't love it over other brow products. It looks cakey when layered. I have it in 03 browny brows and I'm a natural neutral redhead (not orange or auburn).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm blessed with pretty full and shapely brows, but the individual hairs are somewhat fine and some brow hairs, especially at the top of my brow around the arch, are very blonde. I want a product like this to tint my lighter brow hair and help keep a nice "brushed up" shape, while looking fairly natural.

Unfortunately, this product did a really poor job on those lighter hairs at the top of my brow and the result was a rather smeary look. So this won't work for me, or probably for you if you have any light brow hair on the fine side.

The price ($3 at Target) and packaging (small tube that's easy to tote around) are great. I also think this would be great for a super natural look on someone with thick brows. It's not going to work if you want any filling in, and you have to use too much product--to ill effect--if you're trying to tint light, fine hair. Note that the light shade is quite warm as well, which may or may not be what you're looking for. I had no complaints about the staying power, but I was using this alone for a natural look rather than over pencil and/or powder to "set" brows (I think pomade would be better suited for that). Definitely worth a try if you have thick brows and are looking for a Boy Brow dupe.

on 3/14/2017 9:51:00 PM

i have very light brows where "blonde" shades can seem too light and "brown" shades can run too dark. this brow gel/pomade is super inexpensive, and the brown shade is actually quite lighter than i expected, but there is zero staying power to this product. i put it on and 2 hours later there was no tint left at all. i much prefer glossier's boy brow, or benefit's gimme brow. they are more expensive but worth it. however, this is a great value if you don't mind touching up very often throughout the day.

on 3/14/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For the positive bit, it really does leave your brows with a nice tint that is perfect for natural makeup days. The small wand makes it very easy to apply. On the negative side, the tint doesn't stay there very long, and you regularly have to touch up. It also doesn't help shape your brows in the least since it has no staying power. Considering how little product you get in it, you may as well get the NYX tinted brow gel, for just about the same price, and much better quality.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For a bit of background, I have naturally thick brow hairs. I keep them trimmed and threaded but even that is no match to keep my brows tamed. I was thinking over buying this or the benefit one, since even the packaging are almost similar. Imagine my surprise when I bought this, it's quite small! (though for the price its really no big deal) but thinking the benefit one would be as small but more expensive is just mental to me!

The moment I used this, I knew I can't live without it. My brows are now so behaved throughout the day, I even go on days without using a brow pencil! I have read complaints about it not giving you fuller brows (which I can agree on) but if you want a cheap brow product that will tint and tame your brows this is definitely a good deal! I just wish they have more shade choices.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I do prefer Benefit's Gimme Brow to this, I think Essence makes a pretty good eyebrow gel. It's super affordable and it does a pretty good job at filling in my pretty thick brows. I don't think this has as many fibers as the Benefit Gimme Brow, so I'm not sure this will work as well for those with thinner eyebrows but for $2.99 you can't go wrong. It holds my brows in place, and fills them in just enough for a natural brow. It does only come in three shades, which stinks if you can't find your color. And it is always sold out at my Ulta! I end up purchasing 4 or 5 at a time online.

on 2/23/2017 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have naturally thick eyebrows that don't require a lot of filling in, so I don't really need my brow products to work miracles. I use this on days when I want a polished without being overdone look. It does a very good job at keeping my brow hairs tamed and locked in place, and filling in the areas that do need a little more oomf. I've heard the claims that this is a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow but have never purchased GB so can't compare the two. I will say this is a very budget friendly brow product that would work well for people who don't need a lot of filling in.

Pros:
budget friendly
locks brow hair in place
won't make brows look overdone
gives a very natural look
spoolie is small and easy to control
supposed dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow

Cons:
only 3 shades available (as per ULTA's website)
not enough pigmentation for people with sparse/ thin brows

on 2/20/2017 3:56:00 PM

This is a great dupe for Gimmie Brow. $4 vs $30, this is no brainer. It is not very pigmented compared to Gimmie Brow and can really only be used alone if you already have full brows you want to tame (jealous). I have very sparse brows and does a great job to set pencil/powder/pomade and grooms well, adding a little colour.

I bought this is the color "soft browny brows." I have dark brown hair with a super subtle caramel balayage. My brows are naturally dark and ashy. When I first opened this product it looked super light. Like 10 shades too light, it looked like I was smearing light cream shadow on my brows. Thankfully, this dries down to a much darker finish. I can wear this shade even with my dark brows. This product does remind me of benefit gimme brow in the old packaging. It does a nice job of filling in the brows and stays put. I haven't tried the dark color but at this price point I just might use both colors once the darker color is in stock. My brows are sparse in some areas so I need a pencil or a pomade to get a more polished brow but this is good on my "no makeup" days.

Popular Brows Products