essence Make Me Brow

essence Make Me Brow
Make Me BrowMake Me Brow

4.3

01 blondy brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 02 Browny Brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 03 soft browny brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, TROPOLONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, GALACTOARABINAN, DISODIUM EDTA, SILICA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). SOURCE: http://www.essence.eu/products/eyes/eyebrows/e/product/make-me-brow-eyebrow-gel-mascara-01/

on 9/14/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an GREAT product, especially for the price. It really thickens my brows and stays in place all day. No issues with the darkest shade (I have black hair naturally) and it never looks clumpy. I use this with the NYX Brow Primer and my brows look exactly the same ALL DAY, brushed up and bushy (and i dont have a lot of brow hair). I know a brow primer can sound a little over the top but it has made such a huge difference. Would recommend this on it's own, but would also recommend pairing it with a brow primer as well.

on 9/7/2018 8:43:00 AM

Good product, does exactly what you expect, and saves me a fortune compared to the Gimme Brow+.

Adds just enough colour and hold to my brows, I can happily skip brow pencil on the days that I am wearing this and lighter makeup.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this brow product. I already have good brows but I have to fill in sometimes with a pencil since I shaved some spots bald and have to wait for them to grow back. It’s travel friendly.

Wow, love this brow gel! I use the browny brows and blondy brows colors--both fade into my dark/ash brown brows nicely. The container is compact and easy to travel with, and the consistency of the gel is really nice--more like a cream that puts your brows in place, then sets and doesn't budge! I find it adds just a little bit of color and is easy to blend. The price is awesome--I paid something like $3 or $4 and the product lasts quite a while. I pair this with a brow pencil to fill things in and set my brows and everything stays put until I take it off at the end of the day. Will definitely continue to use this and get more when it runs out, I just wish it was easier to find--Essence doesn't seem to be a standard drugstore brand so I've only been finding this at Fred Meyer.

on 8/25/2018 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is just okay - not great, not horrible. I won't repurchase.

Pros:
- Cheap.
- Easy to find.
- The blonde shade is a good neutral to ashy shade.
- The packaging is nice. I like the tiny wand. It really grabs the brows and doesn't distribute too much product.
- Light, but buildable color.

Cons:
- It has fibers intended to plump up brows. However, at times it can make my brows look flaky as if I have little pieces of dirt in my brows, even after combing.
- There is no hold. This may be okay for some, but I like a product to keep brows brushed up and in place.

on 8/23/2018 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I never really wear brow products, but I wanted to try out a gel brow mascara since they seem a bit less fussy than applying brow powder. I purchased the shade 02 Browny Brows because I have dark brown hair and eyebrows, and it was almost a perfect match. I don't wear it on a daily basis, but I find that it works really well for days when I want to be a little more put-together, and to have my brows stay in place. If you use brow products everyday, you might find yourself going through this quickly because it's a small tube, but they recommend throwing it out after 6 months anyway so I don't know if that's really a big deal. I haven't tried any other gel brow products so I can't really compare it to anything, but for the price (CAD$3.99) I would definitely purchase it again.

on 8/4/2018 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i really don't understand this product. i thought it would work like a colored brow gel, and hold my brows in place while doing a little something extra to make them look more natural. but i don't think this product was made for people like me - i have very sparse brows, and the hairs i do have are quite long. this doesn't really fill anything in for me to the point that i don't require any other products, and tiny infant hands may as well be holding my hairs in place - it feels like the worlds weakest hairspray. it's kind of just a waste of a step in my routine. i think i'll be using it on my lower lashes until it runs out. to be fair i dont know what i was expecting exactly but if you're like me and you have sparse/patchy eyebrows this isn't really going to do anything to make them look better.

update after trying it a few more times (and trimming my brow hairs) - if nothing else, it makes my eyebrows super defined in photos, which i kind of like for some reason hahaha. i wouldn't repurchase this but i would say if you have the $$ to spend, and you've been considering trying a product like this, you may as well give it a shot. no harm no foul

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this so much. I am in awe of how good this is for such a cheap price! I have brown hair but got the shade 03 Soft Browny Brows. I use a darker pencil underneath and since this is lighter, it helps balance it out. The brush is tiny, which I love, I do not like bulky brows because I have thin brows. I also have sparse brows and this helps fill in the bald spaces. You really should try this for the price. It saved me shelling out cash for more expensive options that would work half as well!

this is an awesome product for sparse or thin brows. Adds some volume with fibers so it looks like hair, dries fast, its cheap and the best part of all, it only take a minute or two to use.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Natural looking, dries relatively fast, doesn't make your brows scrunchy but puts them in their place. Has a ol' normal applicator wand, no particular praises or complaints. Using this product alone gives a natural look. For a more polished look, you're gonna want to fill in your eyebrows with another product. I use Make Me Brow to tease the inner corner of my eyebrows up the the mid-point of my brows, then shape the tips with a brow pencil or powder. I haven't tried any higher end brow gels that are ~$20, so I can't make any comparisons, but I have no reason to switch from Make Me Brow, especially at only $3 a tube!