Essence Make Me Brow

Essence Make Me Brow
Make Me BrowMake Me Brow

4.3

01 blondy brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 02 Browny Brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 03 soft browny brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, TROPOLONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, GALACTOARABINAN, DISODIUM EDTA, SILICA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). SOURCE: http://www.essence.eu/products/eyes/eyebrows/e/product/make-me-brow-eyebrow-gel-mascara-01/

on 6/11/2017 10:23:00 PM

My HG. It coats my eyebrows to make them stand out after I fill them in with dipbrow to give me a more precise and natural brow and I'm obsessed. I use this way more than my Anastasia clear brow gel

on 6/11/2017 9:49:00 PM

Looking at the packaging and name, it is pretty obvious that this is trying to be a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow. After moving from Gimme Brow to this and using this for a couple of months, I found that I like it a lot better than the original version! I prefer to use this on top of a pencil as a way of thickening my brow hairs and adding some realism to the darkness the pencil adds, making it seem like the pencil fill in *could* be the shadow my own brows cast or thinner brow hairs. One word of caution: it is best to wipe clumps of product off the wand before application as otherwise, it may cause blotches of the gel to remain on the skin even if you try to blend them away with a clean spoolie. I would still recommend having a clean spoolie on hand to make sure the gel is distributed evenly without adding more product to the brows. Overall, if you become good at working with this it becomes a product that is worth way more than its price tag.

This stuff looks gorgeous on the brows. The blonde shade is so realistic and natural looking...my brows but better.

on 6/7/2017 11:51:00 AM

The best aspects of this product are the price (obv), the color (I have the darkest shade), and the size of the brush.

My brows are thick and dark naturally so I don't do anything to them except use a brow mascara for shape & hold & a little bit o' extra darkening. So my needs aren't extreme and I take that into consideration for these reviews! Anyway.

This is a wetter formula and you'll need to wipe the brush off before application (a huge pet peeve for me since it's annoying and wastes paper but whatever). But it does make my brows look nice - no crunchiness, not overly waxy, good tone to the brown, and lasts all day. For like, three bucks. My other fave brow products are Glossier Boy Brow (hate paying for it), L'Oreal brow mascara (love it but terribly wet and huge brush), and the Anastasia and MAC brow mascaras. Would rec them all but honestly I don't plan on switching back because for my needs this one works great and I can spend the dough on something better, like my new lip liner obsession.

on 6/7/2017 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this product!! I tried a lot of different products, but recently I tried a trick with this one, and it works perfectly!
My brows are not very full and also shorter than I would like them to be, so I apply the gel on the eyebrows, and then use an angle brush to give a nice shape. It works perfectly and it is waterproof. Love it!!!
I have dark brown hair and the darkest color is perfect for me

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Defiantly a holy grail brow product for me!!!! love this, its so good!!! Each day i use the Anastasia beverly hills brow powder duo, then use this after to set them and it looks great & natural! plus you really cant beat this price.

PROS
Holds brows in place
Makes them look thicker with micro fibres
The brush is teeny tiny so you can control your strokes easily
Looks natural
Can build them up if you wanted
Can use on its own or with other products

CONS
If you have smaller brows (like myself) then with the dark colour you really have to be careful! Always keep q-tips on hand. The brush has a ton of product on it, so what i usually do is wipe some off on the sides. Of course this is not ideal, however i find with the price its so hard to be mad at it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This honestly doesn't do much for me. I have black, thick eyebrows that were previously smaller than they are now (I grew them a bit in some areas for stylistic reasons) so I have some thinner/uneven patches.

Doing my brows means I want them to look fairly even (one is thicker than the other in places, and I want to fill in the thinner previously plucked areas do they match the rest of the brow.

This product doesn't get it done.

The color is too light (lighter than my brows), I don't see the (seemingly invisible?) fibers actually DO anything, and it doesn't fill in my thin spots. Worse - it clumps together my existing thicker areas and makes my thinner ones more prominent.

This really only works on TOP of a pencil for me as a brow gel, but honestly? I'm normally just as happy with a pencil alone.

I tried this out because I experimentally used a black, waterproof mascara on my brows and I liked it! Sadly, this brow specific version isn't pigmented/dark enough for me.

I like the compact packaging and brush, easy for travel and fairly easy to apply.

But that's about it.

I'm going to offer it to someone with lighter eyebrows than mine.

on 5/16/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Decided to grab this in the Browny brow shade (darkest) - love it! I wasn't sure how much I'd like it (I use ELF's eyebrow kit in dark normally) but it's awesome! I have sparse eyebrows and I'm not a person who likes to overdraw to make my eyebrows something they aren't - so this product was GREAT for me. To be able to brush it on and just naturally thicken and darken the hair that I have? Perfect. Will definitely repurchase. Only downside, it is a bit wet and I find I have to dab it off a bit before applying. I love that this enhances the hair that is there (instead of creating fake strands with a pencil) and makes it a bit thicker looking.

I completely get the hype behind this product. But I've never bought the Benefit brow product people compare this to.

I have bought the tinted brow gel by ABH and almost every drugstore brow gel available.

The Essence brow gel is great. I could practically wear this alone and I'm missing hair in spots (due to over tweezing). It keeps your brows in line and is great for the price.

on 5/11/2017 12:32:00 PM

waw this stuff is great! It cost allmost nothing, holds all day and the colour is super! I had similar thing from Benefit and it was nothing special just a lot more money. So save your money and get the Essence one.

Popular Brows Products