essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara

essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara
Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel MascaraMake Me Brow Eyebrow Gel MascaraMake Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara

4.3

01 blondy brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 02 Browny Brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, DISODIUM EDTA, GALACTOARABINAN, TROPOLONE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MICA, SILICA, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 03 soft browny brows:AQUA (WATER), ALCOHOL DENAT., VP/VA COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, TROPOLONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, NYLON-6, GALACTOARABINAN, DISODIUM EDTA, SILICA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). SOURCE: http://www.essence.eu/products/eyes/eyebrows/e/product/make-me-brow-eyebrow-gel-mascara-01/

This is my GO TO product for my eyebrows. It fills in the spare areas and gives great definition. Yes, the wand can give globs of product, but I don’t redip the applicator and brush out the product into my brows. I love this product and will continue to rebuy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A really great little gem! would give it 4.5 stars if I could. my only complaint is that the wand needs to be blotted or wiped before application, since it packs a lot of product on that can goop up your brows. Otherwise, this is a go-to for me in holding my brows in place once I have filled and defined them. Definitely worth its price and then some.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this!

on 3/4/2019 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have white brows among my brown ones. This is the only product that covers them while still looking natural.

I am not an eyebrow pencil type of person -- I have thick brows naturally and just need something to fill in a tiny bit and keep my brows in place. This product works very well for that job -- and as an added bonus is super cheap! I started using this after finishing a tube of Glossier Boy Brow and while this one is a little more wet and you have to be a bit more precise to not end up with a glob of product, I find it works just as well as the more expensive version. Definitely will repurchase!

on 2/6/2019 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

For $2.99 this product is a steal. The small brush is perfect for coming each brow into place without tinting the brows crazily dark like other brow gels I've tried. I've seen some reviews here suggest using it with a pencil, so I'll probably update my review once I try that out. I hear NYX's micro brow pencil is really good. Seems like the two combined could be great dupes for Benefit's Gimme Brow and Anastasia's Brow Wiz. In summary, it's a great product for a great price!

on 2/3/2019 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nice product at an amazing price. I'm not sure if it lives up to its name as a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow (I haven't tried Benefit), but Essence does a good job at tinting, grooming and boosting (it contains fibres to add thickness). I always use a brow pencil first (to fill in gaps) and then use Make Me Brow as a second coat.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

On my big brows it creates goopie unattractive conglomerates.

on 12/10/2018 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I think this brow gel has its drawbacks as much as its good qualities, but overall I like it. Why? Its pigmentation isn't the most saturated - it's similar to Glossier's Boy Brow - but its hold isn't nearly as good. This is a good everyday brow gel though because it's actually not that pigmented. Plus, it's cheap! I've repurchased time and time again, rotating this with a more pigmented brow gel when I want my brows to look fuller. I highly recommend it; you just have to know what to expect from this product. If you use a brow pencil along with a gel, this is a great buy! But it's not something I'd use alone if you're looking for super full eyebrows.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Terrible. Unfortunately I'm of the minority who did not like this product. I was impressed by several Essence products lately (their brushes and powders oh wow), so I thought I'd try their brow gel, and I've been using it every other day for about 3-4 months now. It does neaten my brow hairs when first applied in term of flyaways, but it does not have any hold whatsoever. My brow hairs droop before I even finish doing my makeup. So basically it has a holding power of 3 minutes. I usually fill in my brows lightly with a pomade, then finish off with a brow gel, but on my casual days like when I just need to pop to the grocery store, I use a brow gel by itself and it provides enough 'filling in' to look decent. However, this does nothing when used on its own, does no filling in whatsoever.

Basically, my brows look exactly the same before and after using this brow gel.

It also goes on patchy, the outcome is incredibly unpredictable because there's an equal chance of getting neat brows or a giant smudge that makes you look like a child played with your brow gel. I feel like this is due to the wand, it seems like it picks up the product unevenly, so therefore the application is also uneven. It can be remedied by gently wiping the wand on a tissue before using it but that is such a waste of product.

It was cheap, so not a huge loss. Definitely not repurchasing or recommending.