Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

4.6

best matte eye palette ever! the quality of the shadows are sooooo good and they have good staying power as well. i can also do so many looks with this. its just so good. if you need a basic matte eye palette to fit your need, get this. its def worth the money

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This a great palette, especially for people with hooded eyes because all the colors are matte. Great x of warm, cool and neutral toned colors to create many different looks from subtle to smoked out. Pigmentation is awesome and blends easily! There is a little bit of fall out but not much. I reach for this everyday. I also have all of the Urban Decay Naked palette's but this is my clear winner because I prefer matte shades. However, I do not have the smaller UD Naked Basics palettes so I can't compare this to those palettes. The only reason I would not repurchase is because I only use the middle set of colors so I'd rather buy a smaller palette in the future. I would love it if she made a palette with just the middle four colors:)

on 3/26/2018 5:02:00 PM

This really is a fabulous palette... A solid 4.7, deserving of a bump up to 5. Being neutral toned, I'm able to mix and match all these shades to work for me.. even if one of the shades meant to be a crease shade might be a little warm overall, I can use one of the cooler browns blended in as a transition shade.. This palette is as dear to me as Tarte's Clay Play Face palette, and I get alot of use of both for shadows, brows, contour, eyes etc.. I was excited to find one at Marshall's for $19, and now I have a backup for my original one I bought at full price several years ago, and will definitely use...this is a basic staple product everyone needs and can use...Definitely recommend.

on 3/14/2018 10:06:00 PM

Look no further for the perfect all in one pallet.
This Kat Von D pallet include the contouring shades that fit most skin tones with a bit of mixing and also the perfect combination of eye shadows to create that great smokey eye look for a night out!
The contouring powders are extremely pigmented and last forever.
i used my angled contouring brush and a larger blush brush to blend.
Would recommend it for a great go to product.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've had this palette for a while and at first I really loved it, but the more I use it, the more I realize that the some of the shadows are kinda chalky and hard to blend out. Some of them go on a little patchy as well. I also don't like that there are a lot of similar shades in the palette- I don't think there needed to be a highlight shade in every quad in the palette. However, there are shades that I really do love in the palette- Lazarus, Saleos, Shax (extremely black), and Succubus. I like that it's all matte.

I'm conflicted as to whether I'd buy this again. As mentioned, I like the unique grey toned shades but I don't feel that there's enough of a variety of different shades. It's really not a bad palette- you have to be careful about which brushes you use, which primer you use (I tried using one of the lighter cream colored shades with the white NYX jumbo pencil and had to remove it because it was so patchy), and some shadows will require more blending than others. Overall, I think it's a good palette if you really like matte and neutral shadows, but I do think there are better formulas on the market.

on 1/10/2018 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely would not re-purchase. The brown colors are all too warm for my skin, except the cool quads. The brown color on the cool quad is too dark for my skin. I am someone who have a tendency towards natural looks so to have zero option for it is disappointing.

Another thing is most of the shadows are very powdery aside from the light shades, which are for the browbones and the yellow base color on the warm quad. The light shades I must admit blends well. But the darker shades can't really blend around, it is easier to draw it as shadow liner than to blend it.

This is honestly so disappointing for me because even the brown neutral shades look really red and puffy on my eyes. I would like to see Kat von D produce more blend-able cool toned eyeshadows in the future

on 12/9/2017 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Im on the fence with this.

Pros :
1. Generous offer for base colors which tackles the problems with most (if not all) palettes. Value wise, this palette makes a lot sense.
2. Good-to-go palette for almost every look. Natural, work, glam, this palette rocks it.
3. Good for any level makeup expertise. Beginner to pro, this palette got your back.
4. Great price point. Im not saying this is cheap, but the price is justified for the quality

Cons :
1. The texture is bit too dry (I cant say chalky either) to my liking
2. I'm NC 25 and the neutral quad is too blah IMO. It just rubs me in the wrong way, if I may say that

I still like my LORAC palette better than this, but I can live with this palette, will use it, but will not repurchase it.

AMAZING! I waited over a year to buy this because I thought it would be a boring palette and I wanted to make sure I really wanted it before I bought it. Well, my lemming persisted and I finally got one during the Sephora sale....it was completely worth it and worthy of the hype. It's far from boring, the colors are perfect for everyday neutral looks and no shimmers which is what I wanted. The eyeshadows are smooth and soft and rich with color. There is a little kickback but I expect that with soft eyeshadows. I love that there's only 4 shades per tone, so that it makes it easy to decide where to place on your lid. This is my staple item now and the first palette i've ever felt like i would get a backup for, in case it ever gets discontinued!

on 10/23/2017 10:56:00 PM

I love this palette by Kat Von D ! I was surprised with the pillowy soft texture of the shadows and loved how well they blended out. "Shade and Light Contour" palette is definitely a winner ! These colors are very pigmented and I love the "highlight" shades that come with each quad. It's very effective. All the colors are !

on 10/11/2017 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Guys, guys, this palette is freakin' awesome. Read on to discover just HOW awesome..

I just bought this as my second palette a few weeks ago so I will update in the future once I use it more. I like this palette. It's very basic and it's just what I need for everyday looks. Nothing crazy or fancy here, but it's a wonderful palette for everyday office looks or for going to school or even on a night out by adding some of the darker shades. The shadows are very soft and creamy and blend very well as others have stated.