Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette
Shade and Light Eye Contour PaletteShade and Light Eye Contour Palette

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love these eyeshadows. There is a nice array of cool, neutral and warm tones that allows you to create so many different looks.The colours basically blend as soon as i apply them to my eyelids and are a must have for all of my eye looks

on 2/9/2017 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this palette every single day for my transition shades. It is soooooo worth the hype! The formula is buttery and pigmented in every single shade. The light tones aren't chalky and the black in here is to die for 😍 The only thing that would make this better is if it had a deep chocolate brown like in the Monarch palette. If you love makeup you need to have this in your collection.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this palette. Some of the best matte shades I've ever used - though I find Lorac's to have a slight better pigmentation. These blend and wear beautifully and it is a great shade range. I was initially scared of how warm the right third of the palette looked, but it still looks okay on my neutral-cool skintone. I also appreciate how Kat put some thought into making some of the shades bigger - the warm vanilla shade can be used all over the browbone, and the other two are great crease and lower lashline shades. Every shade in this palette is a winner, and this combined with usually one metallic shade for my lid is everything I need when traveling as far as eyeshadow goes. If you want to build your palette collection, this and a few Lorac palettes will get you set to go! :)

on 7/12/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My everyday go-to eyeshadow palette! Perfect for "natural" looks or more dramatic looks. The pigmentation is very good along with the blendability.

You can do a lot of looks on this palette but since it's all matte I still do have to reach for other palettes/eyeshadows for a pop of colour on the centre of my lid. The packaging is beautiful, but the shadow names are on the back and I'm a bit confused if the names refer to the shade directly above it. But these aren't major issues for me.

I much prefer this over the Naked (1&2) palettes, neither of which I own but with this palette you don't really need it in my opinion. Overall an amazing palette.

on 7/7/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the few palettes out there, whose overhyped status is based on truth. I was very hesitant to get this one, simply because I have ALOT of palettes, but I decided to go and swatch this baby to see for myself. I was blown away by great quality of mattes! Usually mattes suck, don't you agree? It's easier to find a palette with dry powdery, patchy, sandy, grainy shadows, than a buttery matte shadow. But here she is! A palette full of buttery, smooth, silky, heavily pigmented matte shades! There are no duds, as far as I can tell, all shades perform very well. They blend like a dream, even with my cheap Ecotools brushes, they stay on all day with primer (I always use primer because my eyes are very hooded). I will take this palette on vacation, because this is a perfect palette to get any look done quickly and professionally. I'll also take a few of my beloved Loreal Infallible pigments for a pop of color on the lid, and I'm golden! I wore several different looks with this palette, sometimes by itself and sometimes in conjunction with the beautiful Infallible pigments (I love myself a sparkly lid! ), and got many compliments, even from random strangers. I love this palette, I definitely recommend it, even for those of us, who have seemingly every palette! You will find a ton of use out of this one. Mark my words, after you play with this one and a bunch of single colorful pigments, you'll ditch most of your existing stash in favor of Shade & Light. Just wait and see...

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

PERFECTION. Matte formula eyeshadows that range from neutral to cool to warm tones? SIGN ME UP.

The shadows are very pigmented, even the light colors. The only issue for this palette is that the eyeshadows are TOOO DUSTY AND POWDERY. Like once you swirl your brush on a pan, powder is everywhere. I wouldn't say they're dense or creamy or buttery, they're very dusty while still being pigmented, although it's kind of a waste of product since you're blowing away most of the product when they're supposed to be on your brush.

on 7/18/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It' an amazing palette, very pigmented and with beautiful colors for all skin colors. Colors last all day.

on 6/18/2015 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A pet peeve I have with eye shadow palettes is the ratio of lid color to contour color. The lighter allover lid color is always the winner with few (sometimes only 1) deeper contour shades. This palette is perfect. The shadows are pigmented & creamy for powder shadows. They blend beautifully and the colors are right on. Can't say enough good things about Kat Von D shadows (I own a few palettes). Her art background really comes into play with her makeup line.
Have fun playing :-)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is essential I think in anyone's makeup collection. Even if you're not a collector, It has all the basic matte, neutral shades for blending and transition. I was worried that since I have both UD basic palettes that there would be dupes but the only dupe would be the black and maybe the cream colored shades which I think you can never have enough of since those I use daily. The price of the palette is amazing since you get a lot of product and because it's so smooth and pigmented it'll last you a while, if not years. I love how Kat divided them into different tones quads. You have neutral, cool, and warm. You can mix and match and get use out of all of them. I love it. I totally recommend!