4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

LOVE this foundation. Total Holy Grail!! But I am heartbroken that Cargo has apparently discontinued it. Everything was perfect about this foundation - from the excellent coverage to the totally natural finish. My search begins for a new foundation & I can only hope to find one I love half as much as this one.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination

HairBlond

3 years ago

Go figure. Just as Cargo seems to be making an exit from Canada, I find out how great it really is. I'd been eyeing the line for a while but the prices kept me at bay. Now that they're 1/2 price at London Drugs (Western Canada), I couldn't resist giving some of the products a try. I'm really liking this! I have normal combo skin and I prefer a more matte finish, and that is exactly what this does - give a demi matte finish. I get a little shiny in the t-zone half way through the day, but no biggie. A little powder or blotting papers and I'm good to go. I'm about an NC30 and 3C works well for me. It's *supposed* to be a cool tone (hence the "C") but to my eye it's actually rather warm. I just use a pea sized amount, blend on my fingers and quickly blend over my face. It seems to set rather quickly but I didn't have any issues applying it to my entire face before it wouldn't move. It's not like a "longwear, won't budge" sort of set, it just seems to dry on the faster side. I haven't tried it with a brush or sponge yet - I'm lazy in that department, finding hands quicker to wash than a sponge or brush. The finish is smooth and even with a medium finish. I could probably go full coverage if I used a sponge and more product but for everyday, this is perfect. Sad that the line seems to be clearing out of Canada. Not sure what the deal is and I tried to email the company but got no reply... :(

About reviewer (800 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

I have this foundation one lip just because it is a foundation. I received an email from makeupally about HD foundations, this being number one with 5 lips or whatever. Needless to say I was very curious to give it a try. I was not impressed in the slightest bit. None of the following were fabulous- color, coverage, application, or wear. Returning today.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3.0

4 years ago

Bottom line: this looks great at the beginning of the day but doesn't last. Rubs off in places and settles into lines/pores. I tried applying this both with a damp sponge and a brush. Shade: 4W. I found this pretty yellow toned, but it worked on me as i have medium skin and olive-y undertones. Coverage: GREAT with brush. That is how I would recommend applying it. The damp sponge used up a lot of product and took away from the coverage, no need to thin it out: full strength is best. It has an extremely natural finish, didn't cling to acne or dry spots, and this is with just a light moisturizer underneath. Tube is very small for $36, but then again it's small enough to travel with so that's a plus.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I am in LOVE! I have searched and searched for 2 months for a new foundation. They discontinued my favorite CK one 3in1. I have tried everything under the sun.....and I am talking about 20 different foundations. It's been exhausting. I finally settled on NARS TM but the color was too peachy pink and made me shiny like a disco ball. I tired Cargo oil free foundation. I liked it but a little too drying. I was trying to search high and low for Cargo's regular foundation and only found it online. I ended up going to Kohls and they have this foundation instead so I tried it. I'm about a NC25 and I purchased N2. I prefer more neutral foundations. PROS: -Color match! - OMG! I have not found ONE foundation that has come close since my CK one in sand. This is the perfect match....dare I say it, even better? -Texture - this is a medium to full coverage. I prefer medium coverage. This comes out a lot more thick than I expected (although very creamy). One dime size drop will cover your entire face. You have to work somewhat quickly. I just used my fingers to apply and it set smoothly -Finish - demi matte. Love the look. -Feel - doesn't feel like you have much foundation on despite the coverage. -Staying power - lasted 8+hours. A little shine break through shine but nothing big at all -Wear - It looks amazing on. Truly. It blurs lines, wrinkles and blemishes.....doesn't show pores. It is so perfect looking on. CONS -A little pricey for the amount you get. Just love this stuff. I did have some breakouts but I think it's due to my continued struggle with SIBO disease because I also broke out in bumps on my back and chest where I obviously have no makeup on. I will update if I believe this is not the case. For now, HG!!!!! Update: so I am keeping this at 5 lippies. While I still think this is an amazing foundation, I prefer a lighter foundation for every day. I love a light to buildable medium for every day use and this is too heavy looking. However if you're looking for an occasion makeup to wear out on the town and at night, this is your foundation. I'm going to try cargo oil free foundation for every day use.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

4 years ago

This is my hg foundation. This applied with a beauty blender is the only way I have found a flawless finish that doesn't emphasize my pores. It's pretty full coverage and the tube lasts for a long time. It can be hard to find which is annoying, it was just out of stock everywhere for a couple of months! I finally found it back in stock on Ulta's website and purchased two tubes!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Can be full coverage or light depending on how much you use. Doesn't accentuate pores or dryness. I agree with the other reviewer about the lightest shade being a bit dark. This won't work for me in the winter when I am nc15 and pale. I use an illuminating primer under for a glowy look but alone it looks like a satin/ matte finish in a good way.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I bought the Cargo foundation last week - it is relatively new product - I must say that it covers very very well, and compared to my Zelens foundations (youth glow and age control), this has the other two beat in terms of coverage, price, and portability. Squeeze tube is awesome for traveling, and this applies well with fingers, a sponge, and a brush. One thing to gripe about is that this range is not for the fair - I am an NC15 and the lightest shade in Cargo (N1) is still a bit dark. It does not oxidize though, and will turn a bit lighter after an hour of application. Still, not for the super fair. I wish these is a shade lighter (less yellow) for the winter period. 8+ hours of wear; very easy to take off.

About reviewer (219 reviews)

Age30-35