3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 days ago

The perfect combination: a decent-foaming, non-stripping cleanser with 2% BHA (Salicylic Acid) in it to clear out pores and keep acne at bay. I love how this keeps my skin clear (I use it twice daily) whilst respecting my skins' PH balance. Even when I leave it on for a few minutes once per week to really let the BHA get to work, I still don't experience any tightness. The same cannot be said for any of the other BHA cleansers I've tried in the past: Neutrogena, Clean & Clear etc. Cerave really have nailed it with this one...a simple, fragrance-free formula with 3 types of ceramides to condition the skin and Niacinamide which is helping to fade the odd acne mark I had (I saw a difference within a week!). Could not ask more from a cleanser. I purchased this on the strength of Cerave's excellent SA renewing lotion and am not disappointed. HG contender! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

8 days ago

I have been using this for YEARS. It keeps me pimple free and my skin smooth. It's available at most big box stores and it's usually around $10.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

a month ago

I was so excited to try this, I should have checked the reviews first. I saw this at Shoppers Drug Mart and it said that it was "new". I had used the foaming cleanser for oily skin and enjoyed it at times, although it can be a tad drying. This one foams up nicely and removes makeup but holy hell does it make my face red and irritated. I tried using it twice a week and still my skin protests. Sadly this is a fail for me.

About reviewer (229 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a month ago

I bought this due to raving reviews everyway. I use this on my body for kp or strawberry legs, i have been using this for 2 days in conjunction with cerave light moisturizing lotion and i am so glad i am. My legs even my arms are 50 % more smoother. I mean baby soft. I notice the bumps on legs, arms snd bum are alot smaller. I use twice a day for those areas and a different wash for intimate areas. I have tried sugar scrubs but to Know this face wash works great on legs is awesome. Have been using this on my face and it gently exfoliates my face looks brighter and youthful. I only use once a day twice a day every other day. My neck usually breaks out in cydtic acne so far i only have two witch is an improvement from 4 or 7.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBrown

2 months ago

I can not say enough good things about this face wash. I have very acne prone, oily skin with a lot of texture issues. I’ve been using this product for about three months now and I’ve noticed a drastic change in my skin. It’s less oily and bumpy. I’m noticing less and less breakouts which is amazing for me. I use this in combination with my African black soap which both work very well on my skin. A little of this stuff does go a long way. This product can be a tad drying so I would recommend against this for people with dry skin. Overall, a great product.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

8 months ago

A definite must have for any skin care routine. I’m 39 yo and on Retin A for the last two years. I can honestly say that I’m blown away by how much this enhanced the clarity and smooths ness of my skin. I’m even contemplating if I should stop using AHA at night with this coz it’s more than enough. It’s cheap and it works. I only use this in the morning. I use the Cerave foaming cleanser at night.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I purchased this based on Youtube reviewer Dr. Dray, I'm 51 and need a cleanser that's gentle but exfoliates and has antioxidants. As someone who is experiencing menopausal acne, I have the luxury of experiencing cystic acne breakouts and dry skin/wrinkles (oh the joy of aging!!) at the same time. O_o After a few weeks of use (I use it for a.m. routine), I have to say I'm impressed! CeraVe has a gentle lather that is less harsh than other acne cleansers I've used, my skin feels cleansed but not tight, red or irritated. My acne at the chin/jaw area has cleared up and my skin has a lovely glow. I like that it has the BHA exfoliant salicylic acid, anti-aging ceramides, and moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid (much-needed at my age). I also think it's reasonably-priced, $11 for 8 ounces at Target with the $2 off coupon. As Dr. Dray mentions, don't use this at night, it can cause irritation when used with retinoids (I use Differin) and it also reduces Retinol's efficacy.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I bought this cleanser on recommendation of Dermatologist dr.Dray ( youtube). I used it for three days and developed pimple like rashes around my chin and upper lip. I thought may be it’s too strong for my face so I started using it as a body wash, it broke me out on my chest and back. It’s suppose to be gentle but it’s not. I don’t recommend it for anyone with oily acne prone skin.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

Way to thick didn’t do anything good for my skin just felt thick and greasy on top of it :(

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Given the glowing reviews here, I really wanted to love this cleanser, but it broke me out in painful bumps all over my cheeks and jawline. If your skin agrees with it, however, there are many things to love about this product -- it's unscented, lathers beautifully and rinses off without fuss. For me, however, it didn't matter if I used it twice a day or twice a week, the results were always the same. For those who are interested, I suggest that you visit CeraVe's website for their $2.00 off coupon! Using that, my total for this cleanser was just under $10 USD at my local Target.

About reviewer (518 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm