CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Gluconolactone, Sodium Methylcocoyl Taurate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Salicylic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Benzoate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cholecalciferol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Way to thick didn’t do anything good for my skin just felt thick and greasy on top of it :(

Given the glowing reviews here, I really wanted to love this cleanser, but it broke me out in painful bumps all over my cheeks and jawline. If your skin agrees with it, however, there are many things to love about this product -- it's unscented, lathers beautifully and rinses off without fuss. For me, however, it didn't matter if I used it twice a day or twice a week, the results were always the same.

For those who are interested, I suggest that you visit CeraVe's website for their $2.00 off coupon! Using that, my total for this cleanser was just under $10 USD at my local Target.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Great cleanser for my 50+ normal with oily t-zone skin. It removes all my makeup without stripping my skin. It's about $10 a bottle and lasts a good six months, using it twice a day. Great value. I highly recommend.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Can't say enough about this cleanser and the Renewing SA lotion. They have completely turned my 60+ dry, rough skin around! Has to be the BHA's (salicylate acid) that gently exfoliate. Both come in a hygienic bottle with a pump. One thing you must remember is it's imperative to wear sunscreen when using exfoliating acids. With the rapid turnover, the newer skin is very vulnerable to sunburn. I have and will continue to repurchase this cleanser.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Wanted to try something other than Cetaphil, which worked well for me, but contained parabens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ CeraVe lathers up very mildly on my face--almost more like a cream than a regular facial cleanser that foams. I've heard that some people were unable to wash off their makeup using this SA cleanser, but it seems to do the job for my light daily makeup looks. =)

Favorite part of this product is the fantastic ingredient list, with BHA exfoliant salicylic acid, skin-plumping ceramides, and anti-aging hyaluronic acid (not a skin priority at my current age, but you can never start too soon!): a real powerhouse ingredient list, especially for the drugstore. XD Also love how hydrating the formula is--save for the rare dry patch by the nose or chin, I'm able to get away with applying no moisturizer at all, and enjoy a shine-controlled complexion. With frequent use affected areas of my skin noticeably smoothen out and soften into a delicately dewy finish. (^_^)

TL;DR Good luck finding a better ingredient list for this price ;P

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Perfect addition to my skin care regimen

A totally fantastic lightly foaming cleanser -- thorough yet gentle. I hesitated to use something with salicylic acid in it to cleanse, fearing it would strip my skin, but it works beautifully with my Clarisonic Deep Pore brush. Skin rinses clean and soft.

$10.79 for an 8 ounce pump bottle at drugstores.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

i really really like this cleanser. The orginal formula (Cerave Foaming) tends to be a little drying.

There is a slight difference in the formula

Cerave foaming:

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydrosultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and), PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Cerave SA renewing cleanser:

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Gluconolactone, Sodium Methylcocoyl Taurate, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Salicylic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Benzoate, Zea Mays Oil, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cholecalciferol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide

As you can see there are no parabens, propylene glycol, and PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides in the SA renewing cleanser. As well there is the inclusion of Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) corn oil and two more ceramides (6 II, 3 and 1) which make this a gentler and more hydrating foaming face wash. The SA is at a low concentration and I think it's used in the renewing formula as a preservative, although I can't be sure.
I can only get this on Amazon and the sellers there know it can't be had in Canada and charge an exorbitant price which sucks. I'll keep paying for it but I really hope its available in Canada soon
***UPDATE*** The cleanser cleans well and doesn't make my face dry and dehydrated but this and the other Cerave foaming cleanser cause a little problem which I can't really deal with.
There is an ingredient in both versions that cause these hard little pearls of...stuff on the sides of my face near the hollow of my cheeks.I have no idea what they are aside from the obvious, some kind of acne. They're closed, non-inflamed, not tender at all and very hard to get rid of UNLESS i use something else for a couple of days. I couldn't find the bottle of Cerave SA so I used something else and they're going away. I'm not upset about that because I didn't really want to pay for this cleanser on Amazon.
***UPDATE*** I am trying the half bottle of this cleanser again. Update in three weeks
THREE WEEKS AND MORE LATER: I have been using this again for a month. I have to say it really is a good cleanser. I don't know what caused the issues with the cystic like things...except that perhaps it's the niacinamide gel I use. It's in a base of Carageen which is pretty comedogenic. That is why I switched to the super cheap and effective Ordinary nicinamide+zinc serum.
***Final Update*** This cleanser is good for people with combo skin that leans to dry. It does exfoliate, although I don't know how with the pH at 5. I still use it although it's still not available in Canada.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Far too strong for my skin - even only used 2-3 times a week.

I much prefer the regular cleansing gel (although, used for prolonged periods this dries me out).

To get my hit of BHA - I use Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA. Beautiful product. Zero dryness or irritation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have found the one!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST CLEANSER I HAVE EVER TRIED. I have gone through hell and back with my skin. I'm 19 now, and have struggled with acne since I was 14. I finally got on accutane and I'm on my last month now, so I finally have clear skin. However, I still had problems with face cleansers. All cleansers left me feeling like I needed more. They would make me feel irritated or extremely tight or dull looking. I've tried Ceraves other two cleansers and both sucked for me. I've also tried many cleanses from other brands such as cetaphil, first aid beauty, Michael Todd, Pacifica, Clinique, too cool for school, etc. I have tried them all.
After the first use of this cleanser, I knew this was the one for me. My skin was so bright and even looking! My skin didn't feel tight at all it felt normal. I was experiencing minor breakouts around my mouth when I first bought this and after 4 days, all those breakouts were gone and my skin was so smooth and even. I've noticed smaller pores (no for real, they actually look smaller!) smoother texture, and less flaky skin. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and hardly have made a dent because you don't need a lot, it foams up nicely. It has a ph of 5.5 just like Ceraves foaming cleanser but unlike that one, this one doesn't break me out or leave me dry. I don't think the salacylic acid actually exfoliates because the ph is a little out of the range for that, but I do think it calms redness and has a brightening effect.
I know this review was a little long and real in depth but I just can't believe how good this cleanser and it's so gentle! If cerave ever discontinues this I truly will be lost because no other cleanse compares. Try it! Use it for a few weeks and you will be hooked.