Physicians Formula Sexy Boost Cat Eyes Mascara

Physicians Formula Sexy Boost Cat Eyes Mascara

I have used Physician's Formula mascaras before - Organic Wear Jumbo Lash and the normal Organic Wear mascaras - both of which I prefer to this product because they are kinder to sensitive eyes and feel more natural without compromising length and volume (even though all of them do smudge, unfortunately). This one, however, is a bigger miss for me.

When I first opened the tube, I thought I got an old or even empty tube because of how dry the wand came out. I put a few eye drops into the tube to help save it. It doesn't feel like there's very much in the tube either. It gives me great volume and length, but it does smudge under my eyes a bit throughout the day.

Pros:
GORGEOUS packaging- I love the velvety lace tacked onto the tube, gives good results, huge brush with tiny bristles that grab your lashes (similar to Covergirl's LashBlast) which I love
Cons:
Dry formula that dries out eyes, probably wont last too long, not worth the price

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to continue my quest for a good cruelty-free mascara elsewhere :( Sorry PF

on 3/6/2017 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**EDIT 03/26/17** I've now used this for about a month and it has started making my lashes feel almost painfully stiff. The flaking has become increasingly worse, now falling into my eyes starting within an hour of use, and it also seems more difficult to remove than it did at first. (I've tested removal with my face wash, eye makeup remover, micellar water, and coconut oil.) After removal, my lashes now feel very dry and brittle, and I've noticed I've been losing more than usual. Clumping has also become a problem.

I searched for this mascara for nearly a month after reading and watching reviews before I finally found it. I took that as a good sign, because most of their other mascaras were fully stocked, but unfortunately this one did not work for me.

I think I would absolutely love this brush if I had A) larger eyes, and B) fuller, longer lashes that were naturally a little curled and not easily weighed down. But it's just too big for me to use easily, and I have to be extremely careful to not get mascara all over my eye area while applying it. It's taken my mascara routine from about 90 seconds to a solid 5 minutes or more, and I'm not a fan of fussy products. I like things I can apply quickly that gives consistently good results, and this misses the mark.

The formula feels nice. It is a little heavy, but isn't super heavy, it isn't too wet, it isn't too dry, and it doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy. After wearing it for 12+ hours, they only feel very slightly dry, but still like lashes and not tiny, painful sticks. It also doesn't irritate my eyes much, and it removes very easily with my eye makeup remover. That was great.

But, this weighs my lashes down enough to almost totally eliminate the curl from my lash curler, and it started flaking on me very quickly. After about 3 hours, I had a dusting of flakes all over the tops of my cheeks, as well as in and under my eyes. I also was not a fan of how much product I had to use to make it look like I was wearing anything at all. I think the second time I used it I ended up with 3 or 4 coats to achieve what my holy grail can do in one coat. I think two would be a minimum for me. However, it does build alright, with minimal clumping, so that's nice. I just wish it did more per coat than it does.

The only thing this really helped me with was a tiny bit of extra volume, and darkening my lashes so they're visible (my lashes are dark blonde). There was no significant difference in length, and it didn't hold a curl at all.

I wanted this to be a winner for me, but it's not been very good. I'll most likely try to finish the tube, because it's so pricey for a drugstore mascara, but I will definitely not be buying any other PF mascaras (I've tried a few others over the years, all with similar results). I think for some people, this could be a wonderful mascara, though.

on 1/10/2017 11:45:00 AM

Absolutely love this mascara!!! I recently switched over to cruelty-free makeup brands, and after seeing all the positive reviews on this mascara, I decided to give it a try. To be honest, I wasn't thrilled at first. I wasn't used to the rubber bristles and the formula didn't seem as thin and workable as my old mascara. However, after a short period of use, this has become my new HG mascara. Smells amazing, layers well, and gives really great volume. I get so many compliments on my makeup when I use this mascara.

Nothing special about this mascara. I thought it was too clumpy, sticky and took too long to dry. NO volume as promised πŸ™ I would not buy this one again, especially for $14.99. I rather spend $10 more for a good quality mascara like Toofaced Better than Sex, Benefit Roller lash or It Cosmetics Superhero.....just to name a few! πŸ˜‰Or spend about the same for l'oreal Telescopic...which is the best drugstore mascara I have ever found! 😚

on 9/9/2016 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The consistency of the mascara is wonderful and the scent is to die for! I personally love the straight-cut brush size and shape, as I have small eyes and it's more comfortable to apply and use compared to a clunkier brush. The only drawback with the brush is that it's a little hard, so little tip if you buy it, don't press too hard! I have pretty long eyelashes already so I can't exactly comment on if they made my eyelashes seem longer, but they definitely look full and don't clump as much as what they would with a different mascara. I can also safely say its claim that it's suitable for sensitive eyes is true, because I usually react to the littlest of things when it comes to makeup and I can wear this everyday with no problems whatsoever.
Also, I feel we need to discuss the amazing packaging..I mean I know it's only packaging but my goodness I have to admit...I feel like Dita von Teese getting ready in the mornings!

on 4/5/2016 8:15:00 PM

i used to like it when I first bought this, but i don't anymore. the brush is too big for me, although i have used others that are similar in size. this one gathers too much product and will get clumpy. also I prefer to not have fragrance in my eye products, and this is very heavily scented. ( im not sensitive to it, and actually like it in my face products, just not on the eyes)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I went out to my local drugmart and picked this up because the packaging was just beautiful, and I had read some excellent reviews on this product.

I opened it up and started to apply it (I loved the brush at first) and it was going really well until I poked my eye about 5 times. I like the brush design, I just wish it was a little smaller! It's huge! The mascara did go on nicely though, my lashes looked great. The product is a little dry, so it took a couple coats but that's not a huge issue for me. I wore this for about 6 hours, no flaking or smudging which was great. The product doesn't really coat the tips of your lashes, so I went in with my Maybelline The Falsies Push Up mascara just for the tips. The scent is nice, kinda vanilla-y. I actually got some on my hand by accident and played around with that... it seems the formula is kind of sticky... not alot, but it explains why I felt like my lashes were getting kinda tangled around the edges. But not bothersome.

Overall, nice mascara, I'll wear it until I run out, and might buy it again unless I find something better... might just stick with my Lash Sensational mascara, Or try Too Faced Better Than Sex.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is very pretty. It doesn't itch, and flakes very little. I had high hopes for it, because it's also gluten-free. However, like all of Physician's Formula mascaras, this ends up underneath my eyes by the end of an eight hour day. Initially, I marked this review as a "not recommended," and then I found myself wearing it for a month.

You have to do a midday check for smudged mascara; you'll need an entire wet wipe to get it off your eyes. However, it causes less irritation than any mascara I've ever used, and it's beautiful.

It takes a little bit of special handling: expect that each new tube will take about a week to dry out enough that it's not constantly smudging; use a non-emollient baby wipe around your eye area before applying, if you use eye creams or moisturizer; at the end of the day, you'll need another baby wipe to remove all the black. This mascara is worth the extra effort.

Also, it's cheap. Recommended.

I love this I think it great for an everyday mascara it dosn't flake it give beautiful fluttery lashes and wear all day it a perfect 10 with me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm so disappointed, I don't like this maraca at all though really wanted to love it! I read all the reviews and decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately the review with the fewest lippies was sooo true! I hate the new, cheap rubber brushes the cosmetic brands are trying to push out on the masses! It does make my lashes look darker, but there's NO separation or length. It's clumpy and the plastic brush just needs too many coats to work, and the work it did, didn't impress me.